Best Origin Movie?

Nice to see Hulk with more than one vote, who could the other extremely smart person who voted for it be? :cwink:

Nice to see Hulk with more than one vote, who could the other extremely smart person who voted for it be? :cwink:

You can just click on the number, and see who voted for what.

I'm in a big toss up between batman begins and iron man.

I loved how ironman came to be, and I loved the B-mans both had good..no great stories on what made them who they were, however, I think if they delved more into the psyche of Tony Stark and his pursuit then it would of gotten my vote, but my vote has to go to Begins, because I truly think they cover almost all aspects on what he does what he does. Something I feel, Iron Man lacked, which i think is a huge benefactor on there origin.

I wish blade had a REAL origin story, because I think that has a lot of potential. Would be cool to see a young whistler.

Batman Begins by a comfortable margin.

The effects/dialogue/costumes have aged poorly for Spider-Man

The villains are far too goofy and slapstick-ish in Superman.

Iron Man is basically a watered-down version of BB.

I liked Hulk, but Superman is better. Now, had it been The Incredible Hulk TV series pilot on the list, it'd get my vote as an origin movie. That movie did what Nolan did almost 30 years later with Batman.

Last edited:
Batman Begins, Superman, and Iron Man are it for me, but I gave it to Batman Begins. It's my favorite superhero film ever made.

Superman: The Movie is so great. I can forgive it's Silver Age dated-ness because it's not the films fault really. It's just such a perfectly structured three act epic. It's grand, majestic and perfectly encapsulates the Superman mythos. It's a tad dated and cheesy, but oh so good.

I don't like the argument that if a superhero film that doesn't automatically break the mold it's somehow simply inferior. A well made film is a well made film. Iron Man is just that. Like Superman, it's nearly flawless in structure. The film has this confidence to it that is infectious. It riffs and moves from scene to scene with ease. The acting is great. The rapport between them all is natural and never feels hokey or manufactured. It all just hangs together so damn well. I love it more and more as the years go by. Iron Man is a perfect cocktail of acting, style, humor, character drama and action. I think the action is the film is underrated. Especially the last battle. WAAAAAY better than the battle in Iron Man 2 and only a slight notch below the finale of the third film. It's simply a cool. Two robot dudes throwing cars, slamming into buildings and buses, throwing motorcycles at each other...good comic booky stuff.

Honorable mention goes to Hulk and The Amazing Spider-Man. Both underrated in my eyes-Hulk the most underrated comic book film ever made to me.

Batman Begins, Superman, and Iron Man are it for me, but I gave it to Batman Begins. It's my favorite superhero film ever made.

Superman: The Movie is so great. I can forgive it's Silver Age dated-ness because it's not the films fault really. It's just such a perfectly structured three act epic. It's grand, majestic and perfectly encapsulates the Superman mythos. It's a tad dated and cheesy, but oh so good.

I don't like the argument that if a superhero film that doesn't automatically break the mold it's somehow simply inferior. A well made film is a well made film. Iron Man is just that. Like Superman, it's nearly flawless in structure. The film has this confidence to it that is infectious. It riffs and moves from scene to scene with ease. The acting is great. The rapport between them all is natural and never feels hokey or manufactured. It all just hangs together so damn well. I love it more and more as the years go by. Iron Man is a perfect cocktail of acting, style, humor, character drama and action. I think the action is the film is underrated. Especially the last battle. WAAAAAY better than the battle in Iron Man 2 and only a slight notch below the finale of the third film. It's simply a cool. Two robot dudes throwing cars, slamming into buildings and buses, throwing motorcycles at each other...good comic booky stuff.

Honorable mention goes to Hulk and The Amazing Spider-Man. Both underrated in my eyes-Hulk the most underrated comic book film ever made to me.

I agree about Iron Man. It didn't have to be a game-changer to be a great superhero movie.

Would The Avengers be and origin film since it did show us the origins of how the team originally formed? If so, slight edge to The Avengers. If not, Batman Begins all the way baby.

Would The Avengers be and origin film since it did show us the origins of how the team originally formed? If so, slight edge to The Avengers. If not, Batman Begins all the way baby.

Far from it, I think the Avengers is at the same time Hulk 2 (or is it 3?), Iron Man 2.5, Thor 2.5 and Captain America 1.5.

Far from it, I think the Avengers is at the same time Hulk 2 (or is it 3?), Iron Man 2.5, Thor 2.5 and Captain America 1.5.

Yeah, but its the origin of the teams formation. If the first Avengers film doesn't count as an origins film, than X-Men sure as hell doesn't either.

Yeah, but its the origin of the teams formation. If the first Avengers film doesn't count as an origins film, than X-Men sure as hell doesn't either.

No problem there. But X-Men characters didn't appear in any movies before X-Men 2000, so it wasn't some sort of sequel like Avengers was.

Batman Begins is my choice
Not surprised by the large margin

1. Iron Man
2. Superman TM
3. Captain America TFA
4. Batman Begins
5. Thor

Oh, absolutely Superman The Movie, the big daddy of all comic book films. Krypton was great, Brando's Jor-el is the definitive Jor-el, the "growing up" part of the film on the plains of Kansas, the Kent Farm, etc. is so damn good I wish it was longer. Clark finding out who he really was at the Fortress of Solitude and then the introduction of Metropolis, The Daily Planet, Perry White, Jimmy Olson, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor and Chris as Clark Kent, as well as the wonderful debut of Superman in that helicopter sequence. All brilliant. The rest of the movie after that is the cherry on top.

Oh, absolutely Superman The Movie, the big daddy of all comic book films. Krypton was great, Brando's Jor-el is the definitive Jor-el, the "growing up" part of the film on the plains of Kansas, the Kent Farm, etc. is so damn good I wish it was longer. Clark finding out who he really was at the Fortress of Solitude and then the introduction of Metropolis, The Daily Planet, Perry White, Jimmy Olson, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor and Chris as Clark Kent, as well as the wonderful debut of Superman in that helicopter sequence. All brilliant. The rest of the movie after that is the cherry on top.

:up:

I really think Crowe is going to give Brando a run for the money in being the definitive Jor-El.

Hell, for 30 years that movie reigned supreme as my favorite live action, adapted superhero film and I'm not even a Superman or DC fan.

MIB is the origin story of James Edward as agent J
Kinda weird it's not listed

Superman: The Movie to me will always be the best depiction of a superhero brought to life on the big screen. From the fantastic opening in Krypton, the exhilarating helicopter rescue scene, climatic ending of Superman saving the world from destruction, and bringing in Lex Luthor to prison. It is summarily the best superhero origin movie!! :supes::up:

Last edited:
I will honestly say when it comes to Superman, nothing beats his Earth One (before Crisis on Infinite Earths completion) comics to me
The first movie is probably my favorite interpretation of Superman out of the comics, seconded only by Lois & Clark

Its a damn shame that STM is coming in third.

Its a damn shame that STM is coming in third.

Same here, but novelty is always a factor. I wonder if people were criticizing STM back in '78 and comparing it to the 1950's TV series.

Anyways, you have to appreciate things in their context. STM is the greatest classic of the superhero movies. It took all the risks and more and came out a classic among classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"