Black Superheroes Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how. The premise itself is just too hokey for words. Any attempt to modernize it & you've got "Mortal Kombat in the 'Hood".

Because it was poorly made. This way you make it better. Its better than taking good movies and remaking them.

but it's poorly made antics are part of its appeal

I cant argue that cause I actually havent seen, I was only used the ongoing remarks on it as evidence to my "Remake bad movie in order to make them better" argument.

There should be an Obama comics book by now :o

Yep. An artist already did the look.
scaled.php

I cant argue that cause I actually havent seen, I was only used the ongoing remarks on it as evidence to my "Remake bad movie in order to make them better" argument.

If it was bad, leave it alone. Chances are, you won't really have much of a market anyway. And since you haven't seen it, here's the synopsis:
"Bruce" Leroy Green (Taimak) is on a quest to find the "glow", a power attainable by only the best of the best martial artists. His family views him as an oddball, b/c he talks like a fortune cookie, dresses like something out of a kung-fu movie (Read: at ALL times) & eats his popcorn w/chopsticks. His teacher, for some odd reason, has seen fit to stop instructing him & sends him on a fool's errand to seek knowledge that, as it turns out, he doesn't need. But to aid him in his quest, his teacher gives him a golden medallion. Meanwhile, we meet Laura Charles (Vanity)-a popular video show hostess on whom Leroy's little brother is hopelessly fixated, & the villains: Eddie Arkadian, a video game merchant trying to market his girlfriend as a singer despite bad lyrics & her complete & utter lack of any talent, and Sho' Nuff, the self-proclaimed "shogun of Harlem", whose fashion sense is even more laughable than Leroy's. When Eddie extends Laura an invite to preview his gf's video, she blows him off b/c she has better things to do. He responds by trying to have her kidnapped. Leroy averts the attempt & loses his medallion in the process. This leads to a new quest to find the medallion, which leads to a romance between Leroy & Laura. Sho'Nuff, tired of Leroy's constant refusals to fight him (to prove who's better; not for any other reason) trashes the Green family business (Daddy Green's Pizza) & joins forces w/Arkadian in order to force a final confrontation. They kidnap Laura-successfully this time-and Leroy's brother. And before it's all over, Leroy's students come to his rescue from an obvious ambush, Leroy discovers that Sho' Nuff already has the glow, & then figures out how to tap his after getting his ass kicked for 5 minutes. But being the good guy, of course his is more powerful. And Eddie gets fed up & shoots our hero, only to discover that Leroy can catch bullets in his teeth.

If it was bad, leave it alone. Chances are, you won't really have much of a market anyway.

Thats not true. There are plenty of movies that come out that are considered disappointments whether it be they weren't as good as they looked or they didnt live up to their full potential.

I could go for a Cage movie. I'd also love to see Misty Knight on the big screen. I love me some Black super heroes.

As for the OP, I find it funny that he singled out Hancock as some kind of Black superhero parody. I saw it more as a superhero parody with race being a non-existent factor.

I saw 'Hancock' in more of a satire light....

I think a 'Luke Cage' movie has tremendous potential....you could do a whole social responsibility thing...I had read that Tyrese Gibson was interested in the role....

I saw 'Hancock' in more of a satire light....

I think a 'Luke Cage' movie has tremendous potential....you could do a whole social responsibility thing...I had read that Tyrese Gibson was interested in the role....
I hope it comes to light. He's one of my all time favorite heroes. As I said in another thread, very few of my favorite characters have movies made about them. I would love to see more of them on the big screen.

Perhaps a Cage movie with a hint of Iron Fist to set up Heroes for Hire with appearances by Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. That would make me happy.

I'd be happy with an appearance by Danny Rand....'Heroes For Hire' probably wouldn't go over well with your average audience....

and it's easy because you don't have to worry about any silly costumes for Cage

I'd be happy with an appearance by Danny Rand....'Heroes For Hire' probably wouldn't go over well with your average audience....

Unless you want him rocking that puffy yellow shirt from way back when.

It's okay. You know you want to see it.

What is the deal with Luke Cage? Isn't he essentially just Marvel's take on 'Shaft'?

I saw the Last Dragon. It was alright. It got silly at some moments and entertianing at some moments. I liked the new verion of the last fight at the end of Enter The Dragon that they did.

When Marvel does Black Panther do you people think the title might draw away a number of white people? That's one of my concerns. So I was Thinking maybe Marvel can use T'Challa's name from Earth-355, "Coal Tiger".

When Marvel does Black Panther do you people think the title might draw away a number of white people? That's one of my concerns. So I was Thinking maybe Marvel can use T'Challa's name from Earth-355, "Coal Tiger".
Yeah, the racist ones :p

Seriously though, i dont think so.

NO! Absolutely not. You don't change the title of something to pander to a narrow-minded few.

The Cosby Show was number one in its time. 75% of all rap music is bought by White listeners. Michael Jordan was more popular than the president of the United States. The US voted for a Black man to be president...Oh, and I should have mentioned that, for now anyway, White people are still the majority.

Basically, I just don't see White people turning away from a movie called Black Panther. There might still be racism in this world, but White folks love 'em some Black culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"