Bought/Thought 28/11/07

Wikipedia just says he has "tremendous strength." It's not clear whether that's by normal human standards or superhuman standards.

Back in the old deluxe edition Marvel handbook he was said to not be superhumanly strong. Could have changed since then, of course.

Anyone else fans of Aaron's Wolvie one shot and the Annual?Solid Wolverine stories in my opinion.

X-Men- PICK OF THE WEEK! Messiah Complex rocks. Not a little, but a LOT. Fantastic artists, a compelling story, and one of the best X-Men crossovers in YEARS. These 4 teams are brilliant together. Bachalo is great. The fight scene was really well done. I'll admit, I was skeptical about all of this, initially. I was worried we were gonna get closer to the X-Books of the '90's, but this really feels closer to something along the lines of Mutant Massacre. X-fans, if you're not reading this, you're missing out. 9/10

Civil War Script Book- Gorgeous trade. I've just kind of been reading through some of the commentary, and some of this is already available online, but for fans of the series, this is a really great compliment. 9/10

Ultimate Spider-Man- I love Ultimate Kitty. Totally do. Ever since the first annual. She really adds a lot to the book. This is a great arc, but the ending has totally been spoiled by the USM game. 9/10

Moon Knight Annual- Is this the book new co-writer? If so, AWESOME. I've been considering dropping this, but between last issue and the annual... I'm really reconsidering. This was really great. Marvel's done a great job on resurrecting the Annual format. 9/10

Daredevil- Pretty cool. The story doesn't progress much, but I really liked the gangwar between Mr. Fear and the Hood. I hope this wasn't just a one-off, because I'd like to see more. 8/10

Sensational Spider-Man- ****ing Wizard screwed up the reveal. I knew there was going to be a paranormal aspect, but I didn't count on
Mephisto
. Very interesting. I'll reserve full judgment until Part 4, though. 7/10

Transformers- ****! I missed an issue. Dammit. Nick Roche is a decent fill-in, but he doesn't have the same quality as E.J. Su. The Headmasters looked a little silly. Still the last couple pages were awesome, and Sunstreaker begging to be killed was really creepy. 7/10

Cable and Deadpool- Eh. Not bad, Not awesome, either. Ron Lim really needs a regular gig. There's a few chuckles here, but not nearly as funny as usual. Still, I'll miss this book. 6/10

Marvel Zombies 2- REALLY slow. This is pure set-up. I hate to be harsh, because it's going to be important to the rest of the series, but I wanted some action. Hopefully that's coming soon. 6/10

I'm surprised Ron Lim doesn't have a regular gig. The guy used to be a major player at Marvel.

The fight shouldn't have lasted as long as it did, IMO.

It lasted less then a minute. Daredevil showed up, got a couple sucker punches in and then got a building brought down on him. Sounds about right to me.

Daredevil-level suckerpunches shouldn't do much to the Wrecker at his normal strength level, but that doesn't sound like too bad a fight.

At the time of the punches, the Wrecker was without his crowbar. Keeping in mind that his crowbar is the source of his power, DD can do some pretty considerable damage. I don't know what RockSP is going on about.

Huh, I don't even know what losing his crowbar does to the Wrecker. I guess that might explain it.

Losing his crowbar completely strips him of his powers. He's a regular dude with average strength. Hence, the shortlived DD beatdown.

Okay, I'm back, my week was pretty much taken up by Mass Effect and as a result I haven't gotten around to getting all my comics. Plus, I'm feeling lazy so in accordance:

Marvel Zombies 2 #2

Zombie Spider-Man finally stands up to his fellow flesh eaters.

4/5

Moon Knight Annual #1

I actually thought this was a pretty cool little story.

4/5

I'll get around to my other stuff in due time.

I hate you and BioWare. They need to do launch ports for the PC, damn it. :(

Bought:

Checkmate 20
Countdown 23
Spirit 11
Birds of Prey 112
Brave and Bold 8
Powers 27
Heroes for Hire 15
The Umbrella Academy 3
Wonder Woman 114
Ex Machina 32
Metamorpho 4
Captain America 32
What If Annihilation one shot
Nexus' Greatest Hits
She-Hulk 23
Invincible 46
Deadly Artisans 4
Killing Girl 3, 4
Metal Men 4
Midnighter 12, 13
Lone Ranger 10
Conan 46
The Boys twelve
Green Lantern Corps 18
Daredevil 102
Dan Dare 1
Proof 1
Batman & The Outsiders 2
Incredible Hulk 111

Thought:

Daredevil #102: Cool issue but DD and Ox being able to take on the Wrecker was silly as hell..

They didnt.Wrecker kicked the crap out of them both.

Great issue BTW. Brubaker's run is starting to surpass Bendis' run, imo....Bendis takes it on dialogue, but Bru owns in plot, pacing, action, and drama.

I'm not planning on reading it, so you can just spoil it for me. I'm pretty sure Bought/Thought threads are assumed to contain spoilers, too. But if you don't feel comfortable spoiling it, sure, PM it to me. I'm curious now.
He's a really solid artist. He's not McNiven level quality, by any means, but the guy is fairly strong.
He's got some fairly mundane figures--they haven't really grown or changed in the dozen years or so that I've been looking at his art. But he can tell a story like a mofo. :up:

I'm not planning on reading it, so you can just spoil it for me. I'm pretty sure Bought/Thought threads are assumed to contain spoilers, too. But if you don't feel comfortable spoiling it, sure, PM it to me. I'm curious now.

He's got some fairly mundane figures--they haven't really grown or changed in the dozen years or so that I've been looking at his art. But he can tell a story like a mofo. :up:

It was J. Jonah Jameson, himself. JJJ saw that Urich was becoming disillusioned as a reporter, and Sally was not realizing her own potential so he had an associate pose as a rival and fund the two of them the means to publishing their own newspaper. JJJ owns it AND the Bugle, and figured a new "underdog" news source would catch the public's attention, which it did as well as "re-charge" his two best reporters....

I thought he played it quite well...:word:

Huh. Oddly, when you first mentioned it, JJJ was the first name I thought of. Although, to be fair, he's usually the first name I think of when anything involving comics and newspapers comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"