World Brandon Routh VS Tom Welling

Well theres one more thing Brandon has over Tom, Brandon's girl is a million times better looking than Tom's wife, wow;

courntey.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

He has good taste. :up:

Nerial said:
I wouldn't want Routh playing Smallville's Clark any more than I'd want Welling playing Superman.

I agree. I think it worked out for the best.

TriMatrix340 said:
It has to be Brandon Routh. First of all, he's a great actor. Secondly, he "fits" the roll better. And finally, he can act. Welling can't act worth a crap.

First off all your out of your mind, 2nd off all your living in a fantasy world, and 3rd off all BRANDON ROUTH CANNOT ACT!

Welling wins hands down! :up:

Silver Lad said:
Well theres one more thing Brandon has over Tom, Brandon's girl is a million times better looking than Tom's wife, wow;

courntey.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

lol yea but Tom really is married while Brandon is only dating this chick to cover you know what from the public... lol :p

BareKnucklez said:
lol yea but Tom really is married while Brandon is only dating this chick to cover you know what from the public... lol :p

He was dating her before SR fool/

They did some indie film together prior also. Even before that, he was with some other girl Rachel Boston, but she sucked.

BareKnucklez said:
First off all your out of your mind, 2nd off all your living in a fantasy world, and 3rd off all BRANDON ROUTH CANNOT ACT!

Welling wins hands down! :up:
I hope you're kidding. If not, then you should really have your meds upped. Welling has the emotional range of a lampshade and delivers lines like Shaq delivers free throws. Brick.

tzarinna said:
Why must you make me choose.

Brandon captured Reeve in that was very scarey and admirable, total Fox.

and Mr. Socko has a point (party pooper :mad:)

Welling is not fully Superman :( so I guess that makes it easy ah

Brandon it is

but we don't care about capturing reeve, we care about capturing SUPERMAN

hell, the movie shoulda been named 'Christopher reeve returns'

casketmouth said:
but we don't care about capturing reeve, we care about capturing SUPERMAN

hell, the movie shoulda been named 'Christopher reeve returns'
Reeve IS Superman. The quintissential portrayal by a landslide. If we're talking a choice between Routh choosing to play it like Reeve, or Welling trying to play it like a block of wood, guess which one I'm voting for?

Routh's gf is exactly like Bosworth, pretty face and that's just it, she needs a burger, and looks aren't everything, different tastes.

Reeve was just an actor playing CK/Superman. Brandon wasn't playing Superman, he was trying to imitate Reeve, he didn't get the role because of his acting talent, he didn't bring anything new to the role.. so are all the future Superman actors going to imitate Reeve now? I hope not.

Great actor huh, point me to where this great acting is please because I didn't see any.

Brandon keeps saying that Reeve was his Superman in every interview, but that doesn't mean you have to copy & imitate his portrayal lol, he tried, but failed.

I'm glad that the general audience is interested in other things, and not this Superman.

Brandon pwnd Welling. Its pretty sad to see someone who just played the role for 2 hours get more critical praise from within the Superman fanbase compared to the guy that played it for 5 years. Frankly I wasnt even expecting this but its funny to see. Clearly theres something wrong with the guy that played it for 5 years.

As far as TV viewing and motion picture ticket sales go; apples and oranges.

The best way to compare revenues on fair ground is to wait and compare the Season 5 DVD sales with the Superman Returns DVD sales in the fall. In this case, consumers are actually making decisions to pay for the medium they prefer. There would still be an unfair advantage with Smallville being established for 5 years and Superman just coming out a few months prior, but it would be interesting to see.

About imitation of Reeve, there wasnt really much attempt at all to harken his performance aside from the physical resemblence (which was neccessary IMO since Chris looked the role more than anyone else).

Routh played a much darker Superman like the postcrisis version, in a soft spoken monotone voice. He was a jaded Superman who was trying to find his place in the world again and had alot of psychological issues involving his isolation and lonliness to deal with. It was alot like Dr Manhattan of The Watchmen who grew more distant from humanity as he became a god.

That was nothing like the Chris Reeve Superman who was more on the romantic/screwball comedy side.

Routh's Clark Kent was alot more subdued, blending into the background and quiet. He wasnt over-the-top and getting himself stuck in women's washroom doors like Reeve.

He wasnt drawing attention to himself as CK and it wasnt slapstick comedy at all....which was how Chris played it.

Storywise, there would need to be similarities between the 2, given the vague sequel, but performance wise, Brandon attempted to play it way different and it came off that way. Thats why hes cool.

Neither are as good or as bad as many of you make them out to be....

and Christian Bale in Equilibrum>>> Welling and Routh....just thought I'd put that out there

Just wait for the Batman/Superman movie when Brandon pwns Bale, Kryptonite or not.

0608.png

Whats not gonna happen? You honestly think Batman has a chance in hell against Superman?

If anything... this Superman, who's powers are at godly levels. Batman may act more 'badass' but Supes could rip him into pieces.

I dont care if Batman "has a chance against" Superman or not. For god sake there fictional characters anyone can write a story that goes either way. I just said Bale is the better actor than Routh and Welling and figured I'd put that out here in an otherwise tired recycled argument that has been banged on for 2 years now and in retrospective both the show and movie are ok and otherwise flawed to the extent that neither actor deserve to be slobbed on like they have the last few years. **** all that "godly powers" talk this isnt pre-school.

Dude I wasnt even talking about the acting, but ya, Bale is better for now. This was Brandon's first real gig/starring role. I think theres some room to grow even more.

Ok ive seen superman returns and it was good i loved it, but it was basically a sequel done 20 somethin years ago. which means to me brandon routh basically had to do the same thing christopher reeves did he couldnt be his own superman , and i know superman acts a certain way, but in the movie i dont think they allowed Routh to act to his full potential , he barley said anything. just the super facial expressions lol. He had to walk in reeves shoes which is really diffficult and i dont think he did it that well ,but i dont think its his fault i dont think he was allowed to make it his own role.

Now with Tom welling hes allowed to make the role his own. hes shown us a different clark and his superman would be a little different to because now he made his own clark so basically its not a fair fight. Even though im a Welling fan

Silver Lad said:

sounds evil.

Super_Ludacris said:
Neither are as good or as bad as many of you make them out to be....

and Christian Bale in Equilibrum>>> Welling and Routh....just thought I'd put that out there
Christian Bale has been acting in major films since he was a child. He'd better be better than both of them by now or he'd be a bigger lemon than my sister-in-law's new Kia.:up:

Since I can't have Michael Keaton vs Christopher Reeve which to me would be the mother of all super-hero movies, I'd rather have THIS Superman vs Batman movie:
Superman_Batman_liveaction.jpg

Vandal Savage said:
Dude I wasnt even talking about the acting, but ya, Bale is better for now. This was Brandon's first real gig/starring role. I think theres some room to grow even more.

He wont he's Superman for life now, I dont think he'll get other roles or at least one's that really stand out

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
Since I can't have Michael Keaton vs Christopher Reeve which to me would be the mother of all super-hero movies, I'd rather have THIS Superman vs Batman movie:

Is that the Joker with Batman in that pic....who is that clown?

Bruce_Wayne29 said:

Is that the Joker with Batman in that pic....who is that clown?

kiddin people....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"