Bad Guys in SM4

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by bstringer, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Lestat74 Registered

Let's face it...if there is indeed a Spider-Man 4, it will likely be Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi's last outing, so let's go all out. After three villains in Spider-Man 3, how do you top it? The Sinister Six. And the way I would do it is this:

There's a "Mystery Man" recruiting low lives and hoods who have been put away by Spidey over the years, thugs that want revenge more than anything, are even wiling to undergo genetic manipulation experiments. This results in the creation of The Scorpion, The Vulture, The Rhino, Electro, and a fifth slot I'll leave open for now.None of these characters need long, elaborate backstories....they don't even really have them in the comics either. They are mostly just thugs with powers. Also along for the ride is Kraven the Hunter, a big name hunter who wants to prove himself by hunting Spider-Man. They are unleashed on Spidey, who after several awesome fight sequences, manages to defeat the Sinister Six ( So named by J Jonah Jameson, who also gives all the members their individual names in the press ) This infuriates the "Mystery Man" who has bankrolled the Sinister Six, and decides to take out Spidey himself. The Mystery Man turns out to be none other than Norman Osborn himself ( how is he back from the dead after being impaled? Hell if I know...he came back after the same thing happened in the comics, so use that explanation, whatever it was ) He was willing to lay low all this time, but since Harry's death ( I haven't read any spoilers for Spider-Man 3, but based on many comments made by James Franco, I'd say it's safe to say Harry bites the big one soon ) Norman is hell bent on revenge. At this point I'd assume that Peter is dating Gwen Stacy ( again, based on Kristen Dunst's comments about not coming back for round 4 ) so The Goblin brings it all back full circle to movie #1, and takes Gwen to the George Washington Bridge this time...and we all know how that turns out. :( Peter defeats the Goblin for good this time.

I think this is the only way to top Spider-Man 3. Make it the ultimate Spidey movie, the coda to the whole Raimi Spider Saga. Hell, don't even call it "Spider-Man 4", call it "The Amazing Spider-Man"

2. ultimatefan The Batman must come back

I think a good idea for SM4 was to be an adaptation of JM De Matteis Kraven´s Last Hunt. We saw the origin, we saw Spider-Man giving up, we´ll see him tempted by darkness... The next logic step would be a superhero death story. That or killing off one of the girls - MJ or Gwen. the superhero failing to save someone he loves would be powerful too.

3. Gonking Registered

love your avatar catman

4. CAH Registered

Yes, Kraven's Last Hunt would be a fantastic adaptation for SM4..but everyone expects this...everyone expects to see The Lizard and Kraven, so lets shake it up a bit. After all, barely anybody (if anyone at all) suspected that The Sandman would be featured in SM3, especially as the main villain...but now, that he is, everyone loves it.

I'd say if you really want to suprise the audience and the fans with SM4, then throw in a villain (or villains) that no one will expect to see, but will be happy to see.

I can't think of any great ones to use, but I'm sure someone can.

CAH

5. TheReturnOfP Registered

Venom dies in 3...obviously Lizard is in it...I don't see Black Cat in it though.

6. doomreaper X Guest

I thought Kraven had some sort of jungle powers, or healing factor, or something...

7. Hugebear Supervillain

The Chameleon would be great for Spider-man 4!

8. Spiderine Sho nuff

Sam's utter dislike for Venom doesn't bold well for him or his twisted psychopathic offspring Carnage. Its for certain we will get Lizard based on Baker's comments and the fact they have been wanting to fit him in. My next suggestion and logical choice would have to be Kraven, he would be a threat to both Spidey and the Lizard. These should be the two villains in SM4.Its all about great storytelling first. You can throw any number of villains in the mix but with out brilliant writing, you will get batman all over again.

9. TheReturnOfP Registered

I think Raimi doesn't like the villains of Venom and Carnage just because of their alien origins...the only reason Sam did add Venom and the black Spider-Man storyline because Avi Arad wanted him to.

10. Spiderine Sho nuff

No I dont think its the alien origin , but more of Venoms lack of motivation for hating Peter. The character of Eddie Brock was rather empty in the comics and Sam is more of a classic guy anyway.