Sequels Bad Guys in SM4

SPIDER-MAN 4:

THE LIZARD (main villain) and KRAVEN THE HUNTER (secondary villain) and ELECTRO (seperate story). Using elements from the comic book story arc "Kraven's Last Hunt" as the blueprint. The end of the film could also bring back Doctor Octopus, as Afred Molina/Sam Raimi said he's optioned for SM3/SM4--and he's not in SM3.

Assuming that Spider-Man 4 continues the tradition of a progressing storyline from movie to movie, and the tradition of the villain being tied in to Peter's personal problems...

I'd want to see Peter in Spider-Man 4 becoming somewhat embittered after the events of Spider-Man 3 --- facing your own dark side does leave something of an aftershock, not to mention he'd have to have some bitterness over any deaths that might have occurred in the previous movie. By that logic, the villain I'd want to see is a parallel to Peter's current drama, the living personification of what someone taken over by their own spiteful bitterness can turn into...

Adrian Toomes, the Vulture.

Maybe not the most popular choice, but I'd absolutely love to see the Vulture as the main villain --- imagine a scenario similar to that one extremely underrated J.M. Dematties story, "Funeral Arrangements", where the Vulture is diagnosed with terminal cancer and is trying to kill off anyone he's ever had issues with, as a last act of bitter vengeance before he dies. Basically, Spidey would have to face and defeat something that symbolizes what holding on to old grudges can turn a man into.

Visually, with the Vulture you can get aerial battles on a different level from even the Goblins... and as an old, lanky figure with his wings spread out like a gargoyle, the right costuming and lighting could definitely make the Vulture an intriguingly creepy looking villain.

Now, if they can tie another villain like Electro into the same plotline, that could also be interesting... but I really wanna see the Vulture, unlikely as that may be. :o

For the MAIN villain, as with Spider-Man 3, we'll probably get an unexpected choice...I myself, if not The Lizard as the main villain, would like to see a Vulture story, only not with Adrian Toomes...here's my story:

-The main villain is Aleksei Sytsevich, The Rhino...who comes to America from Russia, stealing a suit from the military (not as big as USM's Rhino suit) and uses it to rob all the banks he can, but this catches the attention of a certain webslinger.
-The "secondary villain" of SM4 would be Blackie Drago, The Vulture...who builds a suit that looks like a skydiver's suit and goes after the Rhino to steal the money that he stole. This causes a nice 3-way battle between Rhino, Spidey, and Vulture which ends with Blackie going to jail where he meets Adrian Toomes.
-The third and final villain would be Stan Carter/Sin-Eater, who basically ruins the life of Peter Parker even further with his constant killings across the town.
-The final battle of the film would involve The Rhino (with a new and improved MUCH larger suit, like the Ultimate version) and Spider-Man battling it out in Central Park...with Sin Eater killing an extreme amount of people while it goes on. SE escapes, The Rhino's suit is destroyed and Aleksei is taken to jail, with Blackie and Adrian, and then...Peter goes to Curt Connors's lab for some guidance, where we find out that The Lizard has been born...

That would be the cliffhanger ending. I know it's not the greatest thing you have ever heard, but that's just a cool story that could be used. Of course, Sin Eater's story would continue into SM5, where I would have Thge Lizard as the main villain and Black Cat as a secondary villain...probably with Electro also.

For the villains costumes, I'd want The Rhino to first look like this
250px-Rhinopreview.jpg

then in the final battle like this only not so big

Rhino.gif

The Vulture should look like this (only with Blackie Drago in the suit)

Spidermanep26.jpg

and Sin Eater should not be seen...until possibly the end.

CAH

Might depend on how people react to Venom. Sony could have Venom and say a minor villain in SM4 and make a stupid amount of money and then have Lizard/??? for SM5. SM6 could scrape the rest of the villains together.

Rhino or Shocker as beginning villain. Easy, disposable, nothing Spidey couldn't handle.

Lizard and Kraven for SM4 villains. With J.J. Jameson as a secondary villain who unleashes a manhunt to capture Spidey once and for all and unmask him infront of the world. When that fails than in 5 he gets Scorpion. Also, the symbiote should find it's way to Ryker's prison and latch onto Cletus Cassidy.

We deserve Lizard after all this build up... they already have a great and, I think, 'well known' actor to portray him.

Kraven would be cool also.

Another villain I would love to see is Electro.

Yeah, I think its OBVIOUSLY the Lizard in Spidey 4. And, they'll bring in a second villain to spice things up. Maybe it'll be Kraven or maybe it'll be villain that'll attract the attention of the general public. I mean, not many people outside the comic book community know who the hell Kraven is. They'll need someone more recognizable.

Yeah, I think its OBVIOUSLY the Lizard in Spidey 4. And, they'll bring in a second villain to spice things up. Maybe it'll be Kraven or maybe it'll be villain that'll attract the attention of the general public. I mean, not many people outside the comic book community know who the hell Kraven is. They'll need someone more recognizable.

Carnage? :down

Does the general public know Sandman or that Harry became the Green Goblin? After Venom and maybe The Lizard its slim pickings.

No, they wouldn't have Carnage so soon. They have to save someone for Spider-Man 6.

Does the general public know Sandman or that Harry became the Green Goblin? After Venom and maybe The Lizard its slim pickings.

Well, kids who grew up in the `60s and `80s know Sandman from the cartoons. But, Sandman is in a movie with Venom so, OF COURSE, people aren't gonna see the movie him. People are going to Spidey 3 to see symbiote Spidey and Venom.

As for Harry...people saw the cliffhanger ending in Spider-Man 2, so they knew it was coming!

The only recognizable villains they have left is Lizard, Carnage, Mysterio, and Kingpin if they can buy the rights from Fox. Everyone else is familiar to comic books fans AND MAYBE fans of the cartoon but I wouldn't call them general public villains.

Lizard
Kraven
And if there had to be a 3rd villain, either Chameleon, Shocker, Electro, or some other B villain.

No, they wouldn't have Carnage so soon. They have to save someone for Spider-Man 6.

Well, kids who grew up in the `60s and `80s know Sandman from the cartoons. But, Sandman is in a movie with Venom so, OF COURSE, people aren't gonna see the movie him. People are going to Spidey 3 to see symbiote Spidey and Venom.

As for Harry...people saw the cliffhanger ending in Spider-Man 2, so they knew it was coming!

The only recognizable villains they have left is Lizard, Carnage, Mysterio, and Kingpin if they can buy the rights from Fox. Everyone else is familiar to comic books fans AND MAYBE fans of the cartoon but I wouldn't call them general public villains.

Well the fourth film would have The Lizard plus I'm sure after three Spider-Man films some people would look into Spidey's history and does it really matter? If the trailer looks good and they've enjoyed the previous Spider-Man films they'll go see it. Plus whoever they cast as Kraven will help.

If the trailer looks good and they've enjoyed the previous Spider-Man films they'll go see it.

Oh, I agree! But, that's thinking of things from a story-telling point of view. Sony & Marvel are thinking from a business point of view. This May, Spider-Man 3, will battle Pirates 3 and Shrek 3. If Spider-Man 3 is the winner it will be because of symbiote Spidey and Venom. So, if Spider-Man 4 has tough competition in 2009 or 2010 they will want to throw in a big villain. So, I think Sony will try to buy or borrow Kingpin from Fox. And, then try to re-create the Spidey show from the `90s. Non-comic book fans who grew up in the `90s know Spider-Man from that show. They've already pleased kids from the `60s, `70s, and `80s with the first two (or potentially three) films. So, they'll try to cash-in with the `90s kids plus the comic book fan and whatever fan base they've gotten from the movies.

Oh, I agree! But, that's thinking of things from a story-telling point of view. Sony & Marvel are thinking from a business point of view. This May, Spider-Man 3, will battle Pirates 3 and Shrek 3. If Spider-Man 3 is the winner it will be because of symbiote Spidey and Venom. So, if Spider-Man 4 has tough competition in 2009 or 2010 they will want to throw in a big villain. So, I think Sony will try to buy or borrow Kingpin from Fox. And, then try to re-create the Spidey show from the `90s. Non-comic book fans who grew up in the `90s know Spider-Man from that show. They've already pleased kids from the `60s, `70s, and `80s with the first two (or potentially three) films. So, they'll try to cash-in with the `90s kids plus the comic book fan and whatever fan base they've gotten from the movies.

Cast a big name star for Kraven. Plus Kraven had a few episodes from the 90s cartoon, he's a pretty memorable character and was in the first season. And Kraven has been around since the '60s. Do they get Michael Clarke Duncan or cast a white actor to play Kingpin? I like the idea of buying the character rights but a Lizard/Kingpin story doesn't sound that great. Do you think Sony would be better off having Venom live in S-M3; have a cliffhanger and then use him in the fourth one since the fanboys alone would cover production costs? '90s kids do have Venom, I remember the hype surrounding the show and that Venom would appear.

[BLACKOUT]Isn't it common knowledge that Eddie Brock dies?[/BLACKOUT] So, Venom won't be in Spider-Man. I think we'll basically get the Lizard in Spider-Man 4. Their has been a lot of hints, so it makes sense.

I think Kingpin would be the ideal villain for the next three films, but I doubt it'll happen. You can read my ideas here:
http://superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11016972&postcount=1

[BLACKOUT]Isn't it common knowledge that Eddie Brock dies?[/BLACKOUT] So, Venom won't be in Spider-Man. I think we'll basically get the Lizard in Spider-Man 4. Their has been a lot of hints, so it makes sense.

I think Kingpin would be the ideal villain for the next three films, but I doubt it'll happen. You can read my ideas here:
http://superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11016972&postcount=1

Kingpin, Smythe and the Spider-Slayers to combat Transformers 2 at the box office.

[BLACKOUT]I've been avoiding the Spider-Man 3 forums since the last trailer appeared. No real shock, how was it leaked to the fans? And couldn't they change the ending now?[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]I've been avoiding the Spider-Man 3 forums since the last trailer appeared. No real shock, how was it leaked to the fans? And couldn't they change the ending now?[/BLACKOUT]

It was in the AICN q&a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"