By Neptune's Trident, how Outrageous! the Aquaman thread - Part 1

Yeah the whole run has been the only really good stuff written by Geoff Johns since the new 52. Well that and Curse of Shazam anyway.

The Shazam story was fantastic. I've enjoyed his Justice League, but it isn't his best work. I've not read Justice League of America. No interest.

Aquaman has been top notch but I'd like some Garth.

Okay....how does the current Aquaman storyline mesh with Trinity War's conclusion in issue 6 of 6??

Aquaman is clearly with the JL and JLA when the Earth 3 crew makes their entrance.....yet in Aquaman he's battling for Atlantis , gets a brain hemorage from commanding Topo, blacks out and wakes up 6 MONTHS LATER???

And from looking at the map on Vulko's wall, the villains have control of the oceans.

So what gets???

Okay....how does the current Aquaman storyline mesh with Trinity War's conclusion in issue 6 of 6??

Aquaman is clearly with the JL and JLA when the Earth 3 crew makes their entrance.....yet in Aquaman he's battling for Atlantis , gets a brain hemorage from commanding Topo, blacks out and wakes up 6 MONTHS LATER???

And from looking at the map on Vulko's wall, the villains have control of the oceans.

So what gets???

It could have happened in that time. Because between Throne of Atlantis and Trinity War there was enough time for the Justice League start recruiting new members, the JLA to be formed and trained, and long enough for the individual arcs in Superman, The Flash (Because Gorilla Warfare happened at the same time as Throne of Atlantis, so Barry's solo adventures since have to fit in), Green Lantern (All of the Third Army/First Lantern stuff had to end just before the formation of the JLA), Green Arrow (He mentions already being involved in the JLA in his Kill Machine arc), Vibe, Katana, and Catwoman.. Batman is doing a flashback story right now and Wonder Woman is admittedly detatched from continuity. A lot of the other books are continuing their pre-Trinity War stories after Villain's Month too.

That's sound MF.

Last edited:
I'll wait for the next few issues of Aquaman and Justice League to see how it plays out before deciding how it fits.

I'll wait for the next few issues of Aquaman and Justice League to see how it plays out before deciding how it fits.

I think I will too.....Becauses it appears that the big villain take-over is happening in the next Aquaman issue, which would have put him with the JL when it went down.

But now it looks like he was in a coma when the take over started....

Oy! http://cdn.coupondad.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Excedrin_Extra_Strength.jpg

I'm a sucker for the old Stan Lee days when cross-overs actually made sense....when editoral meetings kept the continuity intact.:doh:

Last edited:
I think I will too.....Becauses it appears that the big villain take-over is happening in the next Aquaman issue, which would have put him with the JL when it went down.

But now it looks like he was in a coma when when the take over started....

Oy! http://cdn.coupondad.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Excedrin_Extra_Strength.jpg

I'm a sucker for the old Stan Lee days when cross-overs actually made sense....when editoral meetings kept the continuity intact.:doh:

Forever Evil still takes place after the events of the ongoing/upcoming storylines in all of the books but the ones that tie in (I think it's Justice League, JLA, JLD, Constantine, Suicide Squad, and Teen Titans), it's just published before. The post-Forever Evil solo hero storylines probably won't start until... After Forever Evil.

Forever Evil still takes place after the events of the ongoing/upcoming storylines in all of the books but the ones that tie in (I think it's Justice League, JLA, JLD, Constantine, Suicide Squad, and Teen Titans), it's just published before. The post-Forever Evil solo hero storylines probably won't start until... After Forever Evil.

So are you saying that Aquaman is "post FE?"

So are you saying that Aquaman is "post FE?"

tumblr_m4jxso5hwl1qjemo2o1_250.gif

Geoff Johns is leaving after Issue #25.

Yeah, I just read that. I'm pretty bummed. I've not read a whole lot by Jeff Parker but I hear good things. I liked his initial run on Thunderbolts during Dark Reign, but he lost me after that. I'll definitely give him a few issues though.

Sucks about Johns. Aquaman's the most consistent comic out there. I hate to see him leave, but at least Pelletier is staying.

Geoff Johns is leaving after Issue #25.

Good news :up: It started off pretty good, but has been steadily losing steam since the first storyline. I was actually close to dropping it but will stick around to see if Parker (who I usually like) can make things interesting again.

I'm ok with that. He was supposed to leave around #16 originally. I'm glad he stuck it out this long. A good 2 year run and he didn't overstay his welcome. I'm cool with Jeff Parker taking over. Batman '66 is a fun book.

Yeah, I just read that. I'm pretty bummed. I've not read a whole lot by Jeff Parker but I hear good things. I liked his initial run on Thunderbolts during Dark Reign, but he lost me after that. I'll definitely give him a few issues though.

Sucks about Johns. Aquaman's the most consistent comic out there. I hate to see him leave, but at least Pelletier is staying.

I think Aquaman always needs a top notch artist......I think things dropped after his first artist went over to JL.

Last edited:
Both Ivan and Pelletier are good, they both excel at splash pages but I feel Ivan has those small character moments down well too.

Anyone read the Oceanmaster issue?

I found the ending quite surprising.....Orm found a conscience....

Yeah, I liked that; I just wish it would have gone on another page or two to see how that played out. I think he always came across as a decent guy, just one with hate issues against humanity.

Yeah, I liked that; I just wish it would have gone on another page or two to see how that played out. I think he always came across as a decent guy, just one with hate issues against humanity.

So why do you think he killed the that guard so ruthlessly?? That's why I found the ending so surprising.

Because he hates humanity after "they" attacked and killed his people, but he's very good to his own people. It's the equivalent of a captured U.S. soldier in Iraq escaping after 9/11. They weren't exactly to blame for what happened to us, but we hated them anyway. They kept him prisoner so he'll kill them to escape.

He's definitely a gray area type of character, and I think that's what makes him so appealing. He's essentially a racist with a good heart that seems to be growing.

Because he hates humanity after "they" attacked and killed his people, but he's very good to his own people. It's the equivalent of a captured U.S. soldier in Iraq escaping after 9/11. They weren't exactly to blame for what happened to us, but we hated them anyway. They kept him prisoner so he'll kill them to escape.

He's definitely a gray area type of character, and I think that's what makes him so appealing. He's essentially a racist with a good heart that seems to be growing.
But that guard helped him....

I just didn't get it....oh well

And you know this how????? You have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"