By Neptune's Trident, how Outrageous! the Aquaman thread - Part 1

I'm just hoping that Parker's first arc doesn't make it worse. It will likely take place prior to Forever Evil as well since most titles won't catch up to Forever Evil until March or April. It can still fall prior to Trinity War as long as Orm doesn't show up.

"sigh" pass the Excedrin......LOL:doh:

I'm just hoping that Parker's first arc doesn't make it worse. It will likely take place prior to Forever Evil as well since most titles won't catch up to Forever Evil until March or April. It can still fall prior to Trinity War as long as Orm doesn't show up.

I'd actually like to see it be after Forever Evil, I mean it's not hard to just say, these events take place after the events of Forever Evil before the first issue.

They might not want to give away anything about the ending of Forever Evil. I think the first issue came out today, so some of you might know more than me on that. I have to wait until tomorrow or Friday to get my new comics.

I'd actually like to see it be after Forever Evil, I mean it's not hard to just say, these events take place after the events of Forever Evil before the first issue.

Now you're askin' for too much! LOL

DC doesn't seem to get "simple" things perfected:yay:.

I don't get what's so complicated. The solicitations for stories that take place after events pretty much always start with "In the aftermath of..." It all takes place before Trinity War until it says otherwise.

Yeah, it's not complicated in the least and it's easy to do not to mention books have done it in the past.

So they have placed this story directly after the past one it seems, I'm happy for that.

You guys are just smarter than us.........:cwink:

I don't mean to brag, but I could have gone to college if I wanted to. :word:

So, I'm digging Parker's Aquaman run. Really loved the high school reunion issue.

Haven't read Parker's run yet. I heard it started off bad but then picked up some steam once the Maelstrom arc began.

Haven't read Parker's run yet. I heard it started off bad but then picked up some steam once the Maelstrom arc began.

It felt like Johns never left essentially. So depending on how you felt about Johns would probably carry over. I thought the run has been fantastic since it started.

But Cullen Bunn is taking over in June.

Oh then I've been misinformed. I love Johns' arc.

The reviews on Amazon painted a totally different picture about Parker. I'll have to get to it eventually.

I've enjoyed Parker's work. First couple of issues were sketchy but it picked up almost immediately. Respectful enough of what Johns did while still maintaining it's own voice and tone. It mostly deals with the regal Aquaman and him establishing himself as the king of Atlantis as opposed to the one who's land based and more focused on his relationship with humans like Johns.

I'm looking forward to seeing Atlanna in action next month.

I agree with you on Parker's work. The Maelstrom story-arc was pretty neat. Pelletier too, became more and more comfortable with the character and I enjoyed his art quite a lot.

The last issue on the other hand left me ... ... not willing to buy a lot more issues in fact. Can't dig the art, don't dig the story, dislike the fu**ing suit (why why why !?!?!?) and strongly dislike the changes on what was established, I mean, come on : I bought this 40 something issues because they were good, post new 52, that was neat, at last Aquaman was forreal, was powerfull, clever, and all those mythological elements that the writers added ... NEAT. Now this issue is like a negation, almost, of what they built until here.

It was definitely a shock to the system due to it just suddenly being different, but Bunn is a good enough writer that I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and at least see how we got to this point. And while I do miss Peletier, I could get used to the new artist. I liked him on Batwoman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"