Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see :D

This is the picture [BLACKOUT]they use of Storm. They crop out Logan from the picture though.[/BLACKOUT]

hugh-jackman-and-x-men-the-last-stand-gallery.jpg

[BLACKOUT]I can't find the one with the professor but it's from the scene just before the jean Grey Battle when they're on the street outside the house.[/BLACKOUT]

This is the picture [BLACKOUT]they use of Storm. They crop out Logan from the picture though.[/BLACKOUT]

hugh-jackman-and-x-men-the-last-stand-gallery.jpg

[BLACKOUT]I can't find the one with the professor but it's from the scene just before the jean Grey Battle when they're on the street outside the house.[/BLACKOUT]

Who could have taken the photo?:wow::o

That characters pic is no surprise, it was shown in HBO behind the scenes, it made me happy to see that character :)

No they didn't.

I remembered it was a picture of Storm and Logan.

And isn't it nice, they are always trying to include Storm in the films even if its just for 1 second :D

Origins - deleted scene
First Class - Cerebro
Wolverine 2 - a picture of her

Last edited:
No they didn't.

I remembered it was a picture of Storm and Logan.

And isn't it nice, they are always trying to include Storm in the films even if its just for 1 second :D

Origins - deleted scene
First Class - Cerebro
Wolverine 2 - a picture of her

[BLACKOUT]IIRC you see half of Logan's body cropped out. [/BLACKOUT]

Reallly?!
That's a huge step up??

you guys are all trollin me, aren't you, some sort of coordinated thing.. Is it my birthday??

I like it less also . you're not alone. Storm fan here majorly not impressed.

If X3 was DOFP I think this would fit in very nicely with a dystopian future

Halle068xmen9ln5efht0.jpg

If X3 was DOFP I think this would fit in very nicely with a dystopian future

Halle068xmen9ln5efht0.jpg
I dont like the leather Im glad that they are getting rid of that look. Its so dull onscreen to see.

Lol I think Bishop looks cool, ive heard great things about Blink and Warpath. Im not really fond on the others looks,except maybe Rogue if the rumors are true.

Idk about Berry's Storm... She's got some good lines in the films but I'm usually not feeling her as Storm the way I feel Jackman as Wolverine, McKellen as Magneto, Stewart as Xavier...
I don't think she understood her character. She didn't seem to have a genuine connection with nature, didn't really have the character's essence down, imo.

Now I know her dialogues don't have to be this exaggerated:
[YT]kcGTzDW0Sh8[/YT]
But I think she could have done better, especially as an academy award winner. Hopefully DOFP proves me wrong.

If you get your hands on the Days of Future Past comic and compare Storm there with Storm in X1-3, you might see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Idk about Berry's Storm... She's got some good lines in the films but I'm usually not feeling her as Storm the way I feel Jackman as Wolverine, McKellen as Magneto, Stewart as Xavier...
I don't think she understood her character. She didn't seem to have a genuine connection with nature, didn't really have the character's essence down, imo.

Now I know her dialogues don't have to be this exaggerated:
[YT]kcGTzDW0Sh8[/YT]
But I think she could have done better, especially as an academy award winner. Hopefully DOFP proves me wrong.

If you get your hands on the Days of Future Past comic and compare Storm there with Storm in X1-3, you might see what I'm talking about.

How much of that is really Halle's fault though? In all honesty people put too much blame on Halle and not enough on Singer, an actor can have a certain way that they want to portray a character but if it doesn't line up with the directors "vision" then they have to give it up and do what the director wants. Watching three different portrayals of Storm (two under the direction of Singer) I don't think Singer and Halle really sat down and actually discussed what exactly they needed to do to get this character right, and unfortunately I don't believe that will change with DOFP.

Storm looked like a weather goddess in those pictures!

I can't wait to see in DoFp and steal the show again like she did in the first three X-Men movies!

^ You think so? I just don't feel it.

How much of that is really Halle's fault though? In all honesty people put too much blame on Halle and not enough on Singer, an actor can have a certain way that they want to portray a character but if it doesn't line up with the directors "vision" then they have to give it up and do what the director wants. Watching three different portrayals of Storm (two under the direction of Singer) I don't think Singer and Halle really sat down and actually discussed what exactly they needed to do to get this character right, and unfortunately I don't believe that will change with DOFP.

You are right. Singer & co. cast her in the first place instead of someone else. And for marketing reasons, which is not a good sign that a character is going to be guaranteed good quality, at least in this case.

However, Storm is off in the X-Movies for many reasons, and a lot of it comes down to her, imo. I don't think fans will ever forget when she said she had been "reduced" to playing a comic book character. A true actor or actress is willing to take any challenge (indie films, comic book movies, dramas, you name it) with grace.

That "reduced to playing a comic book character" interview with Halle was such a :doh: moment for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"