The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Cap looks like this in "The Winter Solider".
550198_539016099448300_1784025153_n.jpg

It's still the Avengers costume but re-tweeked a bit.
That's perfect. Don't see how that wouldn't work in live action

That's beautiful! A perfect look for Cap, imo.

Something like that, but I'd hope the helmet looks like this rather than the chinstrap that everyone seems to want:
chris_evans_captain_america_concept_art_03.jpg

You'll never unconvince me that the concept artist accidentally grabbed a picture of James Van Der Beek instead of Chris Evans. :o

Considering the Cap art that was released today is from Ryan Meinerding, I wouldn't be surprised to see elements from it incorporated into the new suit for TWS.

Yeah, I'd honestly prefer Steve to do without the cowlmet/mask/helmet altogether. Evans looked great in Avengers sans helmet, but when he put it on, it always looked predictably dorky.

And on the casting front: with Grillo all but confirmed for Crossbones, I still hope that Holloway is casting for John Walker.

You'll never unconvince me that the concept artist accidentally grabbed a picture of James Van Der Beek instead of Chris Evans. :o

Opening Theme for Avengers 2:
[YT]raGFI8pUau0[/YT]
Don't pretend you don't all want this. :o

Yeah, I'd honestly prefer Steve to do without the cowlmet/mask/helmet altogether. Evans looked great in Avengers sans helmet, but when he put it on, it always looked predictably dorky.

And on the casting front: with Grillo all but confirmed for Crossbones, I still hope that Holloway is casting for John Walker.

No one complained of it looking dorky in TFA the way people went on about it in Avengers. It actually looked tough in TFA.

Agreed. That's why I wanted the U.S. Agent outfit, or a version of it. He looks so much better without the helmet.

I think I'd be okay with him not having a helmet, but still having the rest of the suit (Stars n' Stripes, preferably not US Agent). That picture's a great example, though the helmet he's holding does have that nice chinstrap...

I'm hoping that because this movie will have a darker tone to it that they will change his costume from the awfulness that was his Avengers one. It's beyond me why they changed it in the first place, his one in CATFA was brilliant!
Oh gosh, seeing the IM3 trailer has got me all hyped up for seeing a Cap trailer in....one and a half...years.....

I think I'd be okay with him not having a helmet, but still having the rest of the suit (Stars n' Stripes, preferably not US Agent). That picture's a great example, though the helmet he's holding does have that nice chinstrap...

No, he NEEDS the helmet just as much as Batman needs his cowl.

Being a Cap fan, you have no idea how annoyed I was to see Chris Evans' face in EVERY single Captain America poster!

Being a Cap fan, you have no idea how annoyed I was to see Chris Evans' face in EVERY single Captain America poster!

LoL I agree somewhat with u... If his Helmet looks like he it did in Avengers then No thanks!! The Helmet in CA:TFA was perfect though, so if they fix it again the Definitely bring on the helmet!

I'm hoping that because this movie will have a darker tone to it that they will change his costume from the awfulness that was his Avengers one. It's beyond me why they changed it in the first place, his one in CATFA was brilliant!
Oh gosh, seeing the IM3 trailer has got me all hyped up for seeing a Cap trailer in....one and a half...years.....

Probably because despite the bad design, the new suit allowed the actor to perform more stunts and be more agile, which the same could be said for story purposes; similar to why they had Bruce change his costume from BB to TDK.

I'm willing to bet that CA's mission will take place alongside the time that Iron Man 3 goes down since he's the only Earth based Avenger that has a solo film to go off by and he's the one that most people would be asking on why he wasn't there to help, well him and Hulk that is.lol

No one complained of it looking dorky in TFA the way people went on about it in Avengers. It actually looked tough in TFA.

Yeah, the TFA helmet looked like an actual helmet, and was more "canonical," at least to Ultimate WWII Cap. The Avengers "cowlmet" was canonical to nothing, and goofy as ****.

On another note, at least slightly related to Cap: in the IM3 teaser trailer just released, Mandarin has a tattoo of Cap's shield on the back of his neck, but with an anarchy "A" painted in the middle instead of a star. "Captain Anarchy." :oldrazz:

TFA costume needed to be redesigned for Avengers. It didn't look modern enough or sleak enough to sit well next to Iron Man and Thor's costumes.

Cap's Avengers costume would've looked great if they'd simply used TFA helmet instead of the "flying blue *****" helmet.

The helmet wasn't even the problem, it was the fabric they used around his neck. It always scrunched up in really awkward ways when he moved his head, even a little bit

The fabric around the neck bunched up, his ears should've been exposed, and overall the helmet seemed too thick

However, as an avowed helmet Cap hater, the last thing I wanna see is more chinstraps and 1940's leather football helmets.

Dammit Marvel, make the Avengers concept art cowl work!!

The fabric around the neck bunched up, his ears should've been exposed, and overall the helmet seemed too thick

However, as an avowed helmet Cap hater, the last thing I wanna see is more chinstraps and 1940's leather football helmets.

Dammit Marvel, make the Avengers concept art cowl work!!

They should've done post on the helmet, to shrink it down. I don't think a smaller helmet could actually accommodate a human head.

yea probably
I'd just like to know what the whole process was
Like, did they try a comic-accurate cowl, or just different helmet options?
Because the early concept art looked more like part of the costume as opposed to a detached helmet
I dunno... just rambling, sorry

yea probably
Because the early concept art looked more like part of the costume as opposed to a detached helmet
I dunno... just rambling, sorry

I imagine hair does funny things to a cowl.

yea probably

It wasn't a detached helmet in Avengers. There are scenes on the helicarrier where it's hanging from the back of his neck.

so since the scenewith the waitress in Avengers was cut, I wonder will they actually delve into some extended "out of my time" character development. I wonder will steve still try and live in his old neighborhood. I wonder how much it has changed.

This wasn't official...but I loved it -

capposterbest.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi