The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon brings flying to the table, and unless he's the best at it, what the point?

He can conceivably do it quietly, unlike Stark or Thor. So there's intrusion as a skill. Also if they give him the bird rapport deal, he can remote scout. It's not rocket science, they wouldn't include him at all if he couldn't contribute, unless they're setting him up as an incompetent chump.

I understand your concern JB. But to be honest, by this logic The Hulk should be the only Avenger.
Not exactly... by my logic it'd actually mean the exact opposite. Hulk would be SOL if he was the only Avenger.

You're telling me Hulk excells in leadership, stealth, marksmanship, flight, resourcefulness, and versatility? No he can't do any of that stuff well.

T"Challa;25509507 said:
I highly doubt Marvel does this but in the comics, Falcon has the ability to see through the eyes of multiple birds. He can literally search an entire city in a matter of minutes because of this..lol. That would definitely be something new even though i'm not sure how the hell they'd make that work cinematically.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to hear. Although like you said, I doubt they'd try to make that work.

T"Challa;25509507 said:
And it would be cool to have a little diversity in the Avengers. Lets be honest, it was a pretty white-washed film
I'm not saying I don't want him to be in the film, I just want him to be very well represented. He needs to stand out, and flying slower than Thor and Iron Man and fighting worse than Captain america and Black Widow ain't gonna cut it.

Last edited:
T"Challa;25509507 said:
I highly doubt Marvel does this but in the comics, Falcon has the ability to see through the eyes of multiple birds. He can literally search an entire city in a matter of minutes because of this..lol. That would definitely be something new even though i'm not sure how the hell they'd make that work cinematically.

And it would be cool to have a little diversity in the Avengers. Lets be honest, it was a pretty white-washed film

I highly doubt they will do this either. But for a slightly more realistic spin, they could have him as a bird trainer (comic-accurate) and have him attach mechanisms to several birds throughout the city. Through which he could see through the Google Glass goggles he's wearing in all that pretty concept art. :word:

If Falcon isn't shown playing Angry Birds, I'm going to be upset.

Not exactly... by my logic it'd actually mean the exact opposite. Hulk would be SOL if he was the only Avenger.

You're telling me Hulk excells in leadership, stealth, marksmanship, flight, resourcefulness, and versatility? No he can't do any of that stuff well.

I'm not telling you Hulk is all of that. But I am telling you that Hulk could decimate both Barton and Romanoff by poking them too hard with one hand, while putting Cap in a coma by poking him too hard with the other hand. Moments later yanking Iron Man out of the sky, grasping him firmly in both hands and ripping him into two nearly-equal pieces. Therefore leaving him to go one on one with Thor and thwomping him verily within twenty minutes.

I highly doubt they will do this either. But for a slightly more realistic spin, they could have him as a bird trainer (comic-accurate) and have him attach mechanisms to several birds throughout the city. Through which he could see through the Google Glass goggles he's wearing in all that pretty concept art. :word:

Maybe his 'birds' are satellites. or actual hawks n such that Shield outfitted with nano-tech or something and he interacts with them through a satellite system. There are ways.

So I guess Widow is valuable because she brings dat ass to the team.

No, not stealth. Dat ass.

lol

There's an idea. We could really get some cool CGI birds-eye views from that

Maybe his 'birds' are satellites. or actual hawks n such that Shield outfitted with nano-tech or something and he interacts with them through a satellite system. There are ways.

Actually now I hope for this.

I'm not telling you Hulk is all of that. But I am telling you that Hulk could decimate both Barton and Romanoff by poking them too hard with one hand, while putting Cap in a coma by poking him too hard with the other hand. Moments later yanking Iron Man out of the sky, grasping him firmly in both hands and ripping him into two nearly-equal pieces. Therefore leaving him to go one on one with Thor and thwomping him verily within twenty minutes.

You said "by your logic"... and you're not using my logic AT ALL. You're using the exact opposite of my logic. That's the problem.

Actually now I hope for this.

Just spitballing because I don't expect the actual psychic link thing to be a thing. But maybe Sam was a scientist working with birds, trying to communicate with them and he developed a way to do so in a limited capacity and was eventually brought into SHIELD because of his research. Like a winged version of Ant-Man.

You said "by your logic"... and you're not using my logic AT ALL. You're using the exact opposite of my logic. That's the problem.

Okay sorry, by MY logic. LOL. My point is, Hulk alone is not The Avengers. I'd even go so far as to say Hulk, Cap, Stark and Thor alone are not The Avengers. The Avengers are Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Any of those who can and do assemble against the universal threats we need them to.

6 people (including two who fly) vs. an army of Chitauri was great. But add another aerial Avenger with a keen eye and tactical mind... Well I bet the Battle for NY wouldve been quicker and quieter. Many more lives wouldve been saved, Cap wouldn't have looked so winded and Hawkeye might not have ran out of arrows.

For that, one more serving of shwarma is a small price to pay.

Maybe Falcon captures birds and painfully jams tiny cameras in their eye sockets.

I'd watch that.

Maybe Falcon captures birds and painfully jams tiny cameras in their eye sockets.

I'd watch that.

Maybe he carries around a bird puppet, and always has it talk for him in a screechy voice and squawks it a lot in peoples faces.

Steve Rogers: Good to meet you, Mr. Wilson.

Wilson: SQUAWK! Ca-CAW! Ca-CAW! *flaps bird puppets wings*

Steve: ...

Maybe he carries around a bird puppet, and always has it talk for him in a screechy voice and squawks it a lot in peoples faces.

Oh, god. The mental imagery I'm getting from that is priceless. :lmao:

The other Avengers and SHIELD think he's f**ked up in the head, but because he's so good at what he does they don't say anything.

So let's run down what we have:

Captain America
Winter Soldier (Assassin)
Sharon Carter (SHIELD Spy)
Falcon (SHIELD Spy)
Black Widow (SHIELD Spy)
Nick Fury (SHIELD Director)
Maria Hill (SHIELD Deputy Director)
Alexander Pierce (SHIELD Head)
Jasper Sitwell (SHIELD Agent)
Crossbones (Mercenary)
Batroc the Leaper (Mercenary)
Arnim Zola (HYDRA Leader?)

My excitement level for this keeps going up.

My point is, Hulk alone is not The Avengers.
Ummm... okay. You were the one who brought Hulk up in the first place. I don't know what he has to do with what I said about Falcon.

I'd even go so far as to say Hulk, Cap, Stark and Thor alone are not The Avengers.
Obviously. I'm pretty sure Black Widow and Hawkeye are Avengers, if I rememeber correctly... you know, from the millions of times that I've watched the movie. Pretty sure they were there in that epic circle. When was it ever implied that Hulk, Cap, Stark and Thor alone were "The Avengers."

But add another aerial Avenger with a keen eye and tactical mind... Well I bet the Battle for NY wouldve been quicker and quieter. Many more lives wouldve been saved, Cap wouldn't have looked so winded and Hawkeye might not have ran out of arrows.
Sure Falcon would add another fighter, but he doesn't add a new element at all, which is my problem. In the world of the Avengers, it makes since to add him because he can help. But out here in the real world as an audience member, it doesn't. Falcon is like a Jack of two or trades and a master of neither. Unless they actually do make him the "master" of flying, which is what I'm hoping they do with him.

Sure Falcon would add another fighter, but he doesn't add a new element at all, which is my problem. In the world of the Avengers, it makes since to add him because he can help. But out here in the real world as an audience member, it doesn't. Falcon is like a Jack of two trades and a master of neither.
Having someone with his skill set does make a difference. Yes, both Iron Man and Thor can fly but neither of them are actually trained or good at performing reconnaissance and such. Flight + trained spy = a unique, valuable asset.

So let's run down what we have:

Captain America
Winter Soldier (Assassin)
Sharon Carter (SHIELD Spy)
Falcon (SHIELD Spy)
Black Widow (SHIELD Spy)
Nick Fury (SHIELD Director)
Maria Hill (SHIELD Deputy Director)
Alexander Pierce (SHIELD Head)
Jasper Sitwell (SHIELD Agent)
Crossbones (Mercenary)
Batroc the Leaper (Mercenary)
Arnim Zola (HYDRA Leader?)

My excitement level for this keeps going up.

Totally. This film is so fascinating in concept. A direct sequel to one film but only staring three of the original actors. It's why I made my peace with the plethora of new actors they seem to be throwing into this one. They are pretty much forced to cast the entire movie. Every character from part one is 80+ or dead. :woot:

Yes, both Iron Man and Thor can fly but neither of them are actually trained or good at performing reconnaissance and such.
Yeah, that's what Black Widow is on the team for. What can Falcon do that the other members can't? Or a more fair question would be, what does Falcons excel at more than any other member of The Avengers?

Totally. This film is so fascinating in concept. A direct sequel to one film but only staring three of the original actors. It's why I made my peace with the plethora of new actors they seem to be throwing into this one. They are pretty much forced to cast the entire movie. Every character from part one is 80+ or dead. :woot:
Yeah the cast isn't really that much bigger from the first movie when you really look at it, it's just way more interesting and noticeable because of all the SHIELD agents and mercs being used for villains.

Yeah, that's what Black Widow is on the team for. What can Falcon do that the other members can't? Or a more fair question would be, what does Falcons excel at more than any other member of The Avengers?
Um, Black Widow cannot fly. Being a trained spy that can FLY is a pretty valuable asset for information gathering and tactical advantage. I also imagine that Falcon will be pretty smart and an excellent strategist, and find his place with them in that sense as well, since none of the Avengers have been described as strategic geniuses (no, not Cap either). There are many ways Falcon can add a new dimension to the team, even if individual aspects of his abilities overlap with others on the team. It's the combination of all the abilities that make him special.

EDIT: And as Cosmic said, it puts a little chocolate in the all-cream cast.

Ummm... okay. You were the one who brought Hulk up in the first place. I don't know what he has to do with what I said about Falcon.

I was making the point that alone they are not a team. ASSEMBLED they are strong. It doesn't actually matter WHAT skills they bring to the table. So long as those skills are sufficient in a battle against evil. And so long as they have each other to watch one another's backs.

Obviously. I'm pretty sure Black Widow and Hawkeye are Avengers, if I rememeber correctly... you know, from the millions of times that I've watched the movie. Pretty sure they were there in that epic circle. When was it ever implied that Hulk, Cap, Stark and Thor alone were "The Avengers."

Oh. OH HO! omg. you got me, oh gosh... I thought for a second you actually didnt realize... omg. You are so funny. Whew. You had me goin there.

You seem to think that because one Avenger has one skill, no other Avenger with that skill should be allowed on the team. Iron Man has projectiles (and auto-targeting no less) so why do we need Hawkeye? Captain America has unparalleled fighting skills, probably better than BW, so why do we need her? Dat ass?

Sure Falcon would add another fighter, but he doesn't add a new element at all, which is my problem. In the world of the Avengers, it makes since to add him because he can help. But out here in the real world as an audience member, it doesn't. Falcon is like a Jack of two or trades and a master of neither. Unless they actually do make him the "master" of flying, which is what I'm hoping they do with him.

I guarantee there is no way he flies faster than Iron Man. Unless Stark gives him access to the Mark 40, which somehow I doubt. He may be slightly more versatile with his flight, and as someone else mentioned, stealthy. But idk if that will satisfy you, therefore I suggest you hope for the bird rapport as well.

Personally I love the addition of Falcon. I also hope for Ant-Man and Wasp. Who add very little to the team either. Pun intended.

I'm sure Ant-Man could prove to be a giant asset to the team if used properly. Tee-hee.

Well, I suppose if that's the case their inclusion in Avengers 2 won't bug JB-the-Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"