The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great from what I can see (I'm assuming there's a star on the chest a la Super-Soldier design?)... Overall, much more functional and less flashy than the previous suit.

Whoever said the suit looked liked the Commander Rogers design in the first pic released is a winner...if the concept art is legit. I was one of the few who wasn't bothered by Cap's suit in Avengers but I have absolutely no problem with the new look. Looks great IMO. You'd figure with how big this film is going to be there would be a change.

This also gives me hope that Hawkeye will get a change in A2.

Whoever said the suit looked liked the Commander Rogers design in the first pic released is a winner...if the concept art is legit. I was one of the few who wasn't bothered by Cap's suit in Avengers but I have absolutely no problem with the new look. You'd figure with how big this film is going to be there would be a change.

When did he wore his 'Commander Rogers' outfit in the comics BTW?

I have to say, I do like that look.

You guys think that crap looks good????

man, I am out of step apparently, I need to leave the internet for a while

I'm loving the new suit. Need to see more of it, but it's looking pretty damn slick to me.

I think it could use the white in the middle with the red stripes, and hopefully he has the star intact. But really, even if he didn't have the star and just had a curved white stripe going across the chest, I'd be okay with it. Seems to fit the style of the suit. And that brown really completes the look as well.

And for anyone who doesn't like the suit, at least he'll probably have another one the following year in TA2. No worries.

Last edited:
If they were going to use the Commander Rogers suit, why not just get rid of the helmet? It looks like a mess.

It's real. The artwork is in the same style as their other artwork reveals.

20081.jpg

Thor%20Movie%20Concept%20Art.jpg

Yep. Those are the ones I'm referring to.

But I've noticed, the art was probably done by the guy who did the concept arts for The Avengers.

Namely these:

ixZ9HY0.jpg

bJ218Pg.jpg

mpoAFvO.jpg

OWSwDcq.jpg

I think the helmet looks great with the suit. It looks great either way.

Hey guys. I'm not here a lot, but I found something that might interest you guys.

It's the design for Cap's new suit in Winter Soldier.

You can see from the watermark where i got it from.
The style is similar to previous concept arts we got from CATFA and Thor, so it looks pretty legit to me.

WYTEw5d.jpg
"Well this is all horrible."

After the great suits we're getting in Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, THIS is the kind of thing they decide to go with. Bleh.

What I always found was so great about the Brubaker books is that he thrusts Cap into these very realistic, almost 24-esque scenarios, but still garbs him in his classic red, white and blues. It added a sense of importance, a feeling that Cap was above the dark secrets of the world. He was still a shining symbol of hope.

This isn't.

Here's what I don't like:

• The little amount of red
  • Fingerless gloves
  • No red and white striped midriff

And that is all. I'm digging everything else.

Suit looks cool. Looks grimmer and more soldier-y than in The Avengers. As usual, it's dependent on context to make a final verdict. I mean the bodysuit in Avengers was great, but we can't say they should have just carried that one over to Winter Soldier since we don't know how the rest of the movie will look and feel.

What also makes me think this is the real deal is that in the first production pic from WS we can clearly see those fingerless gloves that is in the concept art. I dig those by the way.

I already expected he'd have this outfit in the film, but without the helmet. What's the point of it unless this is his new Cap garb in which I doubt Whedon would keep in Avengers 2.

I like the fingerless gloves as well.

When did he wore his 'Commander Rogers' outfit in the comics BTW?

When Bucky took up the mantle of Cap after Steve's death and during his run as leader of the Secret Avengers when he later returned.

new_steve_rogers_design_2010_02.jpg

It's a good outfit for Steve Rogers, head of SHIELD

It sucks for Captain America

Yes.

I'm not sure what to think of this new suit...the suit in TFA was my favorite!

There's a good chance we'll see multiple suits in this movie though. In the first film he had the typical army garb with the USO uniform underneath and then the revamped suit.

It's not a Captain America outfit. It would be cool if he uses it at some point if he tries to separate himself from the US gov, but hopefully he has a final captain america suit that back to the classics. If it is the final suit... It's a bad call.

Yepp. Looks like it. Disappointed they got rid of the red and white striped midriff. Hopefully it's not final.

Look closer .... they're still there. It's just the shade in that area that makes it hard to see at first.

I actually like the updates, especially the EARS!!!!!!

Whoever said the suit looked liked the Commander Rogers design in the first pic released is a winner...if the concept art is legit. I was one of the few who wasn't bothered by Cap's suit in Avengers but I have absolutely no problem with the new look. Looks great IMO. You'd figure with how big this film is going to be there would be a change.

Agreed. I had a strong feeling they'd be using the Commander Steve Rogers suit, especially after the first official picture hit.

I'm glad they did, mainly because while its okay for him to be dressed as an all american symbol while with avengers, i feel its better when played down and less pronounced when he's on his own and working covertly w/ the government and S.H.I.E.L.D. as opposed to publicly, on a global scale w/ The Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"