The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know that's the Helicarrier? (posting from a phone and can't see the picture well).
I guess we don't (just kind of hoping we'd see it again.) Looks more like a more land-based setting based just on the gunfire that's hitting the ground causing some dirt/asphalt to kick up. Could easily be like Washington, DC or wherever they have WS operating from.

Really interested to know what aircraft that is in the top right corner. It doesn't look like any SHIELD or US aircraft we've seen so far in the MCU.

So isnt it possible that this is just concept art and that cap costume won't even be in the film exactly like that? Or is this artwork done later once they are sure of the designs?

I guess we don't (just kind of hoping we'd see it again.) Looks more like a more land-based setting based just on the gunfire that's hitting the ground causing some dirt/asphalt to kick up. Could easily be like Washington, DC or wherever they have WS operating from.

Isn't that the helicarrier turbine thing in the back right?

Isn't that the helicarrier turbine thing in the back right?
You mean on the top? If that's what you're pointing out, I don't think it is since it appears to firing some weapons that are causing the explosion that appears right behind CA's legs.

If it's the thing that appears between Bucky's legs, it does sort of look like it but it has a weird bluish tint/light to it.

Really interested to know what aircraft that is in the top right corner. It doesn't look like any SHIELD or US aircraft we've seen so far in the MCU.

It's a Quinjet that's facing canted toward the camera.

I like the suit in this concept art, except for one thing. The colors of the gloves and boots. If it's just because this is his WWII suit then fine, but if he doesn't get back into proper Cap colors by The Avengers 2 then I will be severely upset. Red is just as important to the american flag as blue is, so red stripes on his torso and a tiny red circle on his shoulders is not enough for me.

it looks like the front of a flying wing..... B-1 type plan or hydra type flying wing

Yeah the bluish thing between buckys legs looks like a turbine for the carrier. There's also a city in the background. And what looks to be some sort of emblem on the ground there. Wherever it is is high enough to look down onto a city it seems

Is that the Capitol building in the background?

Reposting for new thread -

n371.jpg

0w9u.jpg

I wonder if the cameo will tie-in to Winter Solider. Prehaps Peggy see Bucky

Yeah the bluish thing between buckys legs looks like a turbine for the carrier. There's also a city in the background. And what looks to be some sort of emblem on the ground there. Wherever it is is high enough to look down onto a city it seems

I'd presume that the emblem on the ground is the all-too-familiar SHIELD roundel.

So isnt it possible that this is just concept art and that cap costume won't even be in the film exactly like that? Or is this artwork done later once they are sure of the designs?
All the concept art they've officially released so far has been picture perfect. And I see what you guys are talking about now. That does look like the Helicarrier with the turbine and SHIELD logo on the surface. Also looks like they're flying over Washington DC (might be about to crash?); you can see the White House in the background.

As for the suit, I like the idea of then using it as a metaphor for Cap's character progression throughout the film. First, SHIELD gives Cap a new suit devoid of the red, white and blue, assimilating him into this new world and way of doing things where being a symbol doesn't matter and it's more about covert operations. Then the shield losing its red, white, and blue in battle. Finally we end up with Cap regaining the colors in his costume and shield.

As for the suit itself, looks like a combination of his WWII costume and (in contrast to what others are saying) the SHIELD costume we've seen. I wouldn't say it's a combination of TFA and Avengers because the design aesthetic looks more like the suit we've seen for this film.

I'm so torn over the Agent Carter short. On the one hand, I really like the character and love the idea of seeing her kick ass in her own short film. But on the other, I wish there was a different creative team behind it-- I find Eric Pearson's writing and Louis D'Esposito's direction on all these One Shots unfortunately bland and lackluster so far.

"A Funny Thing Happened..." was kinda fun, but "Item 47" was so aimless and "The Consultant" was clearly whipped up in about a day. I can't really complain, because at the end of the day they're just little bonuses they're shooting for us, but I wish they would mix it up or get inventive with them. Maybe I'm just creatively bitter though.

Also, that's a great poster. :up:

Well maybe we'll see Atwell back in an episode or two of Agents of Sheild.

Loving all the new stuff.

This is the first One-Shot that I'm actually excited to see and feels like something substantial.

Do you guys think we'll get some comic book prequels/tie-ins going into this film like how Iron man 3 and Thor: TDW got as well?

Yes apparently there are a couple of surprise cameos.

Do you guys think we'll get some comic book prequels/tie-ins going into this film like how Iron man 3 and Thor: TDW got as well?

I don't see why they wouldn't. I don't know what the sales are like for the books, but based off of these boards, plenty of people buy them.

The problem I have with them is that they never seem to add anything of real substance. It's always filler crap that I can skip and the art never impresses me either.

Really loving the new concept art from today. Almost too much stuff to comprehend today with the CA/WS Helicarrier battle art and the Peggy Carter One-Shot promos both getting released today.

Wait .... how do we know that's the hellicarrier?

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already asked you.

We don't know for sure. But the machinery that you can see in between Winter Soldier's legs looks a bit like one of the propellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"