The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of info,nothing more:

Every-time-Captain-Americas-shield-has-been-broken-570x797.jpg

good, because I like Alan's Captain America theme.

I really hope they work that theme in. I noticed that it is almost like the Jack Bauer theme, just a tad more hopeful and soaring. But same overall trumpet theme. Very heroic.

And while I'm on it, I think the way they scored 24 was perfect for this type of action/spy/thriller. Maybe they could weave Silvestri's Captain America march in a subtle way when he turns to do something, you know, heroic.

Though, i doubt he'll be busting fingers and blowing out knee-caps like Jack Bauer.

It's not in the comics, but in EMH, Loki shatters Cap's shield using the Odinforce.

Well Thor DENTED cap's Shield with the Odinforce in the comics. So it wouldn't be too far out of the question the assume someone in full control of the Odinforce could do it.

:wow: NCAA Final Four April 5-7 :wow:

CA:TWS April 4, 2014 (USA),they better move the date up.:doh:

If it were the NBA Finals or the BCS National Championship, which have the potential to bring in 25m+ viewers then it might be a problem. But the Final Four is not that big a ratings deal to hurt movie releases. Last year's average 15.7 million viewers. They can't move a movie every time there's any type of event surrounding it.

That guy looks really big to be jumping like that.

"I'm gonna need a hacksaw."

That was so shocking ... and good ... and bad at the same time. I loved how that show kept surprising me. I hope they can do the same thing (though in a less dark way, perhaps) with Captain America.

It's rare that TV makes me like it for more than a snarky laugh. 24 actually drew me in and made me want to watch the story. Same with Firefly, by the way.

Not sure if I'm excited to see Thor, or if it's the trailer for Winter Soldier that I'm gunning for. I'm really hoping to see more range by Evans. I hope this film lets his character get to the end of his rope and really show some palpable pathos.

The music on the website is probably from the trailer.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm excited to see Thor, or if it's the trailer for Winter Soldier that I'm gunning for. I'm really hoping to see more range by Evans. I hope this film lets his character get to the end of his rope and really show some palpable pathos.
You need to see him in more movies then.

If you look at his IMDB, you should check out the movies on his list that you've never heard of because those tend to show his range better. However, that tends to be true with any actor, like when people complain that all Tom Hiddleston does is Loki because they don't bother with anything not shown at the local megaplex.

Evans was in The Iceman with Michael Shannon and Ray Liotta, which was a very different kind of role. I still need to see that, does anyone know if he was good?

USA Today's latest Sunday Geekersation entry features a Q&A with Ed Brubaker about his upcoming supernatural noir comic book, Fatale. As the comic writer's most acclaimed Marvel story arc is hitting the big screen next summer, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Brubaker talked a bit about the anticipated adaptation. "I read the script and I was really blown away by it," he said. "The tone of it and the Bucky stuff is so perfect and the way I'd want it to be, I was so thrilled to see that. But to me the biggest thing, too, is it's the first time Marvel has put out a movie where there's a specific book the title of the movie relates to. And now they're doing that with Avengers: Age of Ultron. They're putting out a hardcover collection of Captain America: Winter Soldier and that's because that movie is coming out." Ed Brubaker continues, "That is the first time Marvel has one specific book to point people to, as opposed to when X-Men: First Class came out and there's 15 trade paperbacks and people who see the movie don't know which one to pick up. So it's exciting, as the guy who gets royalties for that book."

In other Captain America: The Winter Soldier news, Singaporean actor Chin Han, who plays World Security Councilman Yen, talked more with The Straits Times about his role in the Marvel sequel and how it differentiates from The Dark Knight. "[Christopher Nolan's movie] was more a crime movie than a superhero movie," he said. "Captain America is more true to its comic origins and doing it was a lot of fun. I got to do some action and it was a fun way to spend one spring."

Meanwhile, the official Captain America: The Winter Soldier site recently went live with a preview of what everyone assumed was composer Henry Jackman's official score. However, Slash Film received confirmation from Disney reps that the musical clip is actually "library music." It has been speculated that the music is actually from the first offical trailer, which debuts near Thor: The Dark World's early November release. Anyhow, IMDB has revealed a minor addition to The Winter Soldier cast: Battle: Los Angeles actor Adetokumboh M'Cormack is set to play Machete in the movie. The character is an established Marvel villain and, in the comics, he was a member of Batroc's Brigade. And of course, UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre plays Batroc the Leaper in the movie.
Cool. So Marvel has their own roundabout way of paying writers for their storyarcs/creations. They get royalties from the TPB/HC collections they put out in relation to the movies.

So, we've got Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Jackson, Emily van Camp, Robert Redford, Cobie Smulders, and Georges St. Pierre among others. That's a really diverse cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"