The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
....it would effing awesome if Howard Stark's butler was named "Jarvis" in the Agent Carter TV show and that's what Tony Stark named his AI after...the butler who took care of him as a kid.

MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL

Exactly what I thought after watching the One Shot

....it would effing awesome if Howard Stark's butler was named "Jarvis" in the Agent Carter TV show and that's what Tony Stark named his AI after...the butler who took care of him as a kid.

MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL

I think that has actually happened within one of the prequel books that came out when promotion was going on for "Iron Man 2". It was revealed that Howard was kind of abusive towards Tony when he was young and that the only person that Tony could really talk to was his butler, who was named Jarvis.

On another note, just having watched "Agents of Shield", you'd think that given how prominent both Captain America and Black Widow are within SHIELD, that they would have gotten security access to learn that Coulson was never really killed off apparently.

I mean, shouldn't Steve be considered SHIELD's top agent at this point?

To me, its not that they don't have access to that information that's odd. It's the fact that these young agents suddenly do. May and Ward, ok. They've been around a little while. But "Fitzsimmons" and Skye? They looks 12. How did they get clearance to information Romanoff and Barton don't have?

To me, its not that they don't have access to that information that's odd. It's the fact that these young agents suddenly do. May and Ward, ok. They've been around a little while. But "Fitzsimmons" and Skye? They looks 12. How did they get clearance to information Romanoff and Barton don't have?

Agreed; and I could even also buy that due to Romanoff and Barton being so dedicated to keeping secrecy from the rest of the Avengers due to their ties with SHIELD that they may have been allowed to learn that coulson was still alive, but I have a hard time buying on how Captain America wouldn't be able to find out about it as well.

I really do hope that this film kind of has Steve learning that Fury lied to the Avengers about Coulson dying, hence it being one of the many issues that Steve has with Fury.

Why is everyone assuming Coulson didn't die especially after the interaction between Hill and the SHIELD Dr.? It's rather obvious he didn't just survive. Coulson is the one being lied to.

Why is everyone assuming Coulson didn't die especially after the interaction between Hill and the SHIELD Dr.? It's rather obvious he didn't just survive.

Well yeah, I mean, I personally think that he did "die" and that Fury did something that somehow brought back Coulson "in some form"...but the Avengers were led to believe that he did die and stayed dead

On another note, just having watched "Agents of Shield", you'd think that given how prominent both Captain America and Black Widow are within SHIELD, that they would have gotten security access to learn that Coulson was never really killed off apparently.

I mean, shouldn't Steve be considered SHIELD's top agent at this point?

He's certainly a valuable agent, but that doesn't mean he'd get a high clearance rate. Keep in mind who SHILED are and who Steve is. SHIELD is a spy agency known for odd bedfellows and shady deals, while Steve is as noble as they come. He's very good at going on one-man raids and tearing apart scores of enemies, so SHIELD can use a man like him, but that doesn't mean they want to be completely open with him.

They probably outright lie to him, and that could very well include Natasha as well. No doubt, they keep Natasha is the dark about a lot of stuff as well.

Why do Ward, Fitz-Simmons and the rest have a higher clearance rate? Because SHIELD needs to give it to them. Coulson picked them, and they're going to be working for him and know he's alive. That arguably qualifies them for a Level 7 clearance.

Well yeah, I mean, I personally think that he did "die" and that Fury did something that somehow brought back Coulson "in some form"...but the Avengers were led to believe that he did die and stayed dead

Again, were assuming that whatever was done to Coulson is unbeknownst to the Avengers as well by now.

He's certainly a valuable agent, but that doesn't mean he'd get a high clearance rate. Keep in mind who SHILED are and who Steve is. SHIELD is a spy agency known for odd bedfellows and shady deals, while Steve is as noble as they come. He's very good at going on one-man raids and tearing apart scores of enemies, so SHIELD can use a man like him, but that doesn't mean they want to be completely open with him.

They probably outright lie to him, and that could very well include Natasha as well. No doubt, they keep Natasha is the dark about a lot of stuff as well.

Why do Ward, Fitz-Simmons and the rest have a higher clearance rate? Because SHIELD needs to give it to them. Coulson picked them, and they're going to be working for him and know he's alive. That arguably qualifies them for a Level 7 clearance.

That is true. I do hope that the Winter Soldier film clarifies a little bit as to where Steve stands with SHIELD in terms of his ranking and his position.

I mean you'd think a guy with his skills and the exploits that he's done in both past and present would get him something big.

He's practically SHIELD's strongest agent since neither Iron Man, Hulk, or Thor are enlisted in SHIELD's program.

And I wonder why SHIELD wouldn't send Steve in onto missions that involve the threat having super powered agents at their disposal like how Coulson and his team had encountered since you'd think that Steve would be equipped to better handle that situation.

Again, were assuming that whatever was done to Coulson is unbeknownst to the Avengers as well by now.

Well, it's a pretty big plot point to gloss over and say that they found out on their own off screen.

Well, it's a pretty big plot point to gloss over and say that they found out on their own off screen.

If the mystery of the season is "What really happened to Coulson?" then I think it would be a mistake to blurt it out in the first episode. Give it time. They're not blind to this kind of plot hole.

Maybe the Avengers kept saying they were going to visit Phil, but also kept blowing it off because they didn't really feel like it, so Maria ends up telling Phil they don't know because their security clearance isn't high enough so his feelings aren't hurt.

Phil already said that the Avengers don't know he's alive yet because "...they're not Level 7."

We know that Fury and SHIELD manipulate people and withhold information all the time, so I don't understand why anyone is fretting about this point. The Avengers know what Fury wants them to know. Even though Steve, Natasha and Clint are on SHIELD's payroll and presumably have high clearances, certain information is always going to be kept from them at the Director's discretion.

The others Avengers have so much on their plates that they don't have time to track down the truth about Coulson. Banner's on the run and off the grid, Stark was on the run and off the gird, Thor is in Asgard and far off the grid. There are two movies coming out soon that will explain their situations further and the SHIELD series only has one episode out. It has a full season to lay things out. Worrying about alleged plot holes now is jumping the gun.

Phil already said that the Avengers don't know he's alive yet because "...they're not Level 7."

We know that Fury and SHIELD manipulate people and withhold information all the time, so I don't understand why anyone is fretting about this point. The Avengers know what Fury wants them to know. Even though Steve, Natasha and Clint are on SHIELD's payroll and presumably have high clearances, certain information is always going to be kept from them at the Director's discretion.

The others Avengers have so much on their plates that they don't have time to track down the truth about Coulson. Banner's on the run and off the grid, Stark was on the run and off the gird, Thor is in Asgard and far off the grid. There are two movies coming out soon that will explain their situations further and the SHIELD series only has one episode out. It has a full season to lay things out. Worrying about alleged plot holes now is jumping the gun.

You know, the only person who's situation that I'm still confused about is banner's, I mean is he still trying to run away and remain off the grid? And if so, why? Since the Hulk has pretty much become a hero within the eyes of the general public.

Plus, he was seen hanging out with Tony at the end of Iron Man 3, so it doesn't look like he's trying to stay off the grid by that notion.

Daisy Johnson is the acting Director of SHIELD in the comics right now, as well as Fury's hand-picked successor. She's 19.

You know, the only person who's situation that I'm still confused about is banner's, I mean is he still trying to run away and remain off the grid? And if so, why? Since the Hulk has pretty much become a hero within the eyes of the general public.

Plus, he was seen hanging out with Tony at the end of Iron Man 3, so it doesn't look like he's trying to stay off the grid by that notion.
He might not be on the run like he was, but I could see him spending time/returning to his work helping the sick/people without easy access to medical care in impoverished areas

Daisy Johnson is the acting Director of SHIELD in the comics right now, as well as Fury's hand-picked successor. She's 19.

And that makes no sense at all. Not even comic book sense.

^^^ Seriously. No wonder Marvel 616 is always so screwed up and the public hates it's heroes.

Hulk may be a hero to the public, but Gen. Ross and the US military still want a piece of him as far as we know. Not that he's become known and his powers are respected to an extent, one can imagine the military being even more eager to capture Banner and use him to attempt to duplicate the process. As the events of AOS showed, other players have been cooking up cocktails of chemicals and alien tech to try and create superbeings, so the military has every incentive to reboot their own programs. Also, Hulk killed plenty of people and there is no statute of limitations on murder. Add to that the fact that Ross is a sociopath fixated on Banner and you've got plenty of reasons why the scientist would still be on the run and the military would still be hunting him.

As far as Banner's appearance at the end of IM3 is concerned, that too can be explained. Stark and Banner drove off into the sunset together at the end of TA, headed for parts unknown. Perhaps Tony gave Bruce the resources he needed to hide from his pursuers without having to completely disappear from his friend's life. A billionaire could easily provide someone with a new identity and the financial resources to live a very quiet life well protected from prying eyes. Banner could have stayed in the US but simply assumed a new identity and stayed far from the spotlight. Of course his friend Tony would be able to visit/call him over for a quick spot of therapy because he would be the one person who knew where the Hulk's alter ego was.

Good to hear Dum Dum shows up
I'm sure it'll be good, but still think a TV series would get tired pretty quickly

Give Dum Dum some Infinity formula and have him pop up NOW!

If the mystery of the season is "What really happened to Coulson?" then I think it would be a mistake to blurt it out in the first episode. Give it time. They're not blind to this kind of plot hole.

from the repeated mentions of Tahiti i think Brother Voodoo is involved. he's small enough fry for the series to deal with, and a window into the magic side of the MCU.

from the repeated mentions of Tahiti i think Brother Voodoo is involved. he's small enough fry for the series to deal with, and a window into the magic side of the MCU.

Brother Voodoo is a Haitian, as that is where voodoo originated. Tahiti is on the other side of the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"