The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, it is not unlikely that their hierarchy in SHIELD and
HYDRA
is completely different. just because on is higher ranking in one group doesn't necessarily mean he's higher ranking in the other too

Granted.

But to keep it simple (Granny and the young'uns have to be able to understand all this, remember), I would think it'd be an easier way to explain Jasper Sitwell suddenly becoming more than Just Another SHIELD Agent. Maybe not all the way to the Director's chair, but it's pretty obvious that he's not just a background character anymore.

It just seems odd for a sitting US Senator to be getting chummy and chanting "Hail HYDRA" to a field agent.

What are you referring to here? Is it something I haven't seen or something I'm possibly forgetting about that I've seen?

wait so Is
Hydra suspose to be the villains and both sitwell and Stern part of hydra
I hadn't heard that.

wait so Is
Hydra suspose to be the villains and both sitwell and Stern part of hydra
I hadn't heard that.

What are you guys talking about? Was there confirmed information or details about CATWS that I missed?

it was leaked from some script dailys

Okay. I seen the set photos before of Sitwell with Cap and BW that I believe TheFBI was referencing. I had never heard of the Senator Sterns saying Hail HYDRA to a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent or anything before.

Last edited:
^ I already knew that, but plenty of folks might not know and might not want to know information like that prior to watching the movie. Just a suggestion, but the spoiler/blackout tags are pretty easy to use.

^ I already knew that, but plenty of folks might not know and might not want to know information like that prior to watching the movie. Just a suggestion, but the spoiler/blackout tags are pretty easy to use.

:doh: Sorry about that. Fixed it.

Fixxxed it, even. :) :up:

And on that note...

[BLACKOUT]...I can't believe that Sitwell and Senator Stern have been HYDRA plants throughout. Hopefully someone (possibly Zola) is using the same mind-control juju on them as Bucky. It would be one hell of an unnecessary retcon if we're to believe that (especially) Sitwell's been HYDRA throughout.[/BLACKOUT]

Fixxxed it, even. :) :up:

And on that note...

[BLACKOUT]...I can't believe that Sitwell and Senator Stern have been HYDRA plants throughout. Hopefully someone (possibly Zola) is using the same mind-control juju on them as Bucky. It would be one hell of an unnecessary retcon if we're to believe that (especially) Sitwell's been HYDRA throughout.[/BLACKOUT]

So how does this affect Agents of Shield? He and Coulson were friendly in the first two One Shots and in Item 47, he mentioned that Coulson died. He has no knowledge that Coulson is alive.

I think they're doing "Agents of SHIELD" as its own thing, separate from the rest of the agency. Technically, the show (so far) is about one tiny cell within the agency that's so top secret that most of the rest of SHIELD probably doesn't even know about them.

Which, if true, is something they'll need to work on. SHIELD's main purpose is to monitor supers and very advanced threats that "ordinary" military, law enforcement and intelligence agencies aren't equipped to deal with. And that's....exactly what the smaller, "more elite" AOS is about, too. So there's some layers of redundancy there they need to get rid of...

I think they're doing "Agents of SHIELD" as its own thing, separate from the rest of the agency. Technically, the show (so far) is about one tiny cell within the agency that's so top secret that most of the rest of SHIELD probably doesn't even know about them.

Which, if true, is something they'll need to work on. SHIELD's main purpose is to monitor supers and very advanced threats that "ordinary" military, law enforcement and intelligence agencies aren't equipped to deal with. And that's....exactly what the smaller, "more elite" AOS is about, too. So there's some layers of redundancy there they need to get rid of...

While that may be true, I would think that if the events of Winter Soldier trun out to be true, Coulson would know about it. Having said that:

I still think that the events of this film won't affect AOS that much as I think it will end up with Maria Hill being re-assigned to oversee Coulson's team.

After A2 of even CATWS, they could tell the Avengers that Coulson is alive, which could lead to more cameos

T"Challa;26982969 said:
Where is my trailer?!! *throws tantrum*

tumblr_md3ged5PQU1qb27a0.gif

Yes, when we will see the trailer?.., is there a threat about the trailer?, I haven't seen one.

I actually like the new Cap suit. Much better than what he wore in The Avengers.

Could this be a Mandroid? I've been dying to see them and hope this is in the movie. It's one of Hasbro's new Cap 2 toys.

vhdk.jpg

mandroidsearth26.jpg

I thought that was a Pacific Rim robot before reading your post and seeing the SHIELD logo lol

Could this be a Mandroid? I've been dying to see them and hope this is in the movie. It's one of Hasbro's new Cap 2 toys.

vhdk.jpg

mandroidsearth26.jpg

That's *gotta* be a Mandroid.
I'll wait and see whether they actually appear in the movie, though....toy lines release a lot of extraneous stuff that was never part of the actual movie at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"