Captain America: Super Soldier

Hell yeah because EA made that awesome Superman Returns game!

I knew that game was going to be **** when you look at how rough the graphics looked.

Which is surprising considering EA published it.. they usually try & put a bit of effort into their games.

Easily one of the worst superhero games I think I've ever played, that other Superman game on the N64 ranks close to that title as well.

No Havok, I think Socool just means he's the first one Chronologically. Like he said, not the first one to become a member of the Avengers, but he was around first. Of all the Avengers stories, since his dates back to WWII he is the first. It's poetic license for a cool title basically.

For the quality of this, I think it depends which team are making it. SEGA have made some cool action platformers before, so who knows?

For the quality of this, I think it depends which team are making it. SEGA have made some cool action platformers before, so who knows?

Almost everyone in here, apparently.

Me? I'll wait until I see more gameplay/reviews/whatever before I shoot off my mouth.

No Havok, I think Socool just means he's the first one Chronologically. Like he said, not the first one to become a member of the Avengers, but he was around first. Of all the Avengers stories, since his dates back to WWII he is the first. It's poetic license for a cool title basically.
I know what he means but it still doesnt make sense. Captain is not the first Avenger. He may have appeared chronologically first and was a Superhero first but he was not an Avenger during that time. With this logic, then Namor should be considered the first X-man considering he is an X-man and he chronologically made it to print before any of them

Hell yeah because EA made that awesome Superman Returns game!
they completely misallocated which studio to use as they gave it to one that only makes sports titles. They have enough studios that that shouldnt have happened nor do I think they'd give such a project to them again. Id still have more confidence in EA over Sega

Last edited:
I agree with Havok, EA probably could have did a better job. I don't know how everyone felt towards that Marvel Nemesis game, I for one thought that the game was ok, but good enough for EA's first attempt at a Marvel game. Sega's credibility is kinda up and down, they can make some good games from time to time, and then again they have quite a few that just flat out stink. Only time will tell how this Cap game turns out, but I'm predicting that it will be mediocre and nothing more than a quick cash-in on the film. The video that was posted on IGN didn't really impress me, but hopefully from now until its release, it will progressively start to look better.

I said this in the other thread in the film forums but it looks like a high end PS2 game.

I wonder who'll they'll get to voice Steve?

Chris Evans, I would imagine...or a no-name sound alike. I believe the Iron Man 2 videogame had an original story as well, not based on the movie, yet had actors likeness and voices.

Of course, I didn't play Iron Man 2...so I'm not certain. But I could see them doing that with this game. Making it seem like the movie, yet a different story.

Last edited:
I wanna see how they incorporate the shield in the game. We've only seen a few attacks done with it. It would be cool if they had an element similiar to the remote batarang in Arkham Asylum when he throws the shield

They should of used the Ultimate outfit, those wings look soooooo stupid.

Cap isnt really that cool to begin with. He doesnt have Batmans gadgets, he cant stick to walls like Spidey and he doesnt have a bad ass suit like Stark. All he has is strength and that cumbersome shield.

Ok Iron Man sucks, but... Next Level develop the game not Sega (or Secret Level). And Next Level are not bad at all. Not great, but not bat either. Punch Out was awesome, Mario Football pretty good... even Spider-Man Friend or Foe was not so bad (ok it was bad, but not SOOO bad).

So, i'll give a chance to this game. Sega don't make game sucks, developers do (and sometimes Sega if they don't put enough money in it).

Looks like one of those games where every gameplay aspect is something borrowed from another game done with extreme mediocrity

This. The game struck me as a slightly dumbed down mix of arkham asylum and prince of persia.

This. The game struck me as a slightly dumbed down mix of arkham asylum and prince of persia.
Parts of it reminded me of Uncharted as well and the graphics look even less impressive in video form.

On a related note, I dont see it with its own thread, but the Thor game is also being published by Sega. I didnt see any new pics or video released of it at NYCC, but I dont have high hopes for it either

the only cool part is the running sequences. those are awesome!

but still, i'll pass.

The running sequences seemed pretty meh to me, I guess due in part to alot of the stuff that was shown is stuff that we've all seen before in other games. I wish they would have had a few more original gameplay elements that would set this game apart from others. Alot of games out there borrow elements from other games, but usually they also have their own unique elements as well.

Those gameplay vids look absolutely terrible.

This could be one of the worst looking movie tie ins this gen.

I just wish they'd stop. I mean, they CAN'T make that much money on these movie tie ins... can they? When I worked at GS I can count on one hand how many tie in games I sold.

I mean, the LotR tie in games were pretty good, Batman Begins wasn't horrid and Spider-Man 2 was probably the best... but other than that... I can't think of any worth while tie in games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"