First Avenger Captain America's Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

COAL TIGER

Sidekick
Reaction score
Which would be better suited for the movie?

xcaptainamericacc11jq9.jpg

ultimateorigins21as6.jpg

I like them both.
The original costume is iconic and I know that a lot of people will be voting for it on that alone, but I feel that the Ultimates version would better suit a motion picture somewhat grounded in reality. Besides, the 1990 movie showed me that the original costume just doesn't look quite right on film. Time to change things up. I even like the WWII Ultimates version that I've seen around. A good way to start and evolve to the final product, maybe?
I know I'm gonna get slammed by the purists, but this is just my humble opinion.

An amalgam of the two for Avengers but in his solo movie WWII get up.

Is there a way I can edit and make a voting poll? I didn't know how to do that.

So ArcBlade, what's your preference between the two?

I've always liked the denim WWII look for the first flick. I can't make up my mind for the present day Cap. I will always love the classic suit but I just can't picture a direct translation of it to film. It works on the page but I just cant picture those vibrant colors boots and wings on the big screen. It would have to be an amalgam of Classic and Ultimate for it work for me. There's still plenty of time to think it over as we probably won't see the modern look till Avengers.

I like the Ultimate version for the WWII scenes... here is a slightly different layour of that (with a flack jacket rather than the double breasted jacket):

captainamerica.gif

For modern scenes... I like the modern gloves and boots in the Ultimate uniform, rather than the gauntlets and classic boots. But I like the head wings and consistent color scheme (sans shoulder stars) of the classic uniform (the Ultimate has that lighter color on his armpit area). But I do like the look of that torso padding in the Ultimate uniform, rather than the scales in the classic. So an amalgam is the way to go.

I actually think he should wear an anagralam of the two durning moderen day Ultimate Cap's milliatary helemet, gloves and boots and 616 cap's wings, and costume. During War Would 2 the 616 version

The ultimate costume would make a lot more sense. I can actually see him wearing that in war.

I agree.

I always saw the Ultimates costumes as being deliberately styled to be more 'movie-friendly' than their 616 counterparts. I think I posted comparisons between the x-men movie costumes and Ultimate Giant-Mans/Quicksilver costumes on the 'How Thor Should look' thread to show how Hitch must have took his design cues from the X movies.

Personally, for Cap's costume - I'd go along with most of the folks ideas on here - I'd like to see an amalgam between the two.

I want a cowl, no chin strap. The wings can probably be painted on. I'm cool w/the basic construction of "Ultimate", but I want the colors to be bright & bold, not muted like they are in "Ultimate".

Classic 616. Its the icon.

I wouldnt mind the use of the Ult. chinstrap and belt,

An amalgam of the two for Avengers but in his solo movie WWII get up.

Yup.

That said though, this has already been debated to death in pretty much every Captain America thread ever.

Odins right... I've gotten into some really bad arguements b4 about this.... but I for one am all about the 616 costume

I think as Cap evolves in the time line so should his costume..

He doesn't really evolve. He sleeps through the years. So on that basis I can see two outfits.

Hope they go with something like this, even for the first movie.

I'm sorry. He should not wear that stupid outfit in the world war II solo movie. Just eh-eh.

Look at Iron Man. They generally stuck with the looks of the 616 comics, though Iron Man's mark III is more like his most recent stuff. The Mark I looks very similar to the first suit of armor he wore.

Thank God they didn't use the ultimate stuff for Iron Man. That would've sucked. I think Hitch is a great artist, but I hate that Iron Man design. HATE. I hate the Cap WWII outfit as well. I don't care how practical or realistic it is.

This is important, it needs to be Cap. When you look at it, everyone needs to be able to identify it as Cap. You can't cut corners with it.

I wouldn't actually mind him wearing his ww2 getup through the entire avengers film. I think his ultimate avengers cartoon costume worked very well whatever that was

During WWII (His solo movie) this:

074kr.jpg

In modern times (The Avengers) this:

CaptainAmerica_Head3.jpg

That's my opinion of it as well. The modern one will need some tweaking though. Mostly the boots and gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"