Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers - Brie Larson

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Abudefduf Registered

It's slightly different. This one is a bit more form fitting and the gloves aren't fingerless.

No idea why they changed it in post. To sell more toys? :o

I Am The Knight likes this.
  2. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah, I REALLY hate this trend of CGI-ing costumes over costumes. Just let the costume people do their thing.

THORin likes this.
  3. JKKS085 Registered

Going with CGI probably had something to do with production on Endgame and Captain Marvel overlapping and the different creative teams still figuring out a visual language for the character. The same thing happened in Civil War with the inclusion of Spider-Man being last minute the visual development team kept working on his appearance while shooting was in progress with Holland dressed in a mock-up suit.

The different outfits though make sense narratively, the one she wears at the beginning of Endgame is there to show that time has passed since her solo movie while she gets a new one (along with the shorter hair) after the 5 year time jump.

#803 JKKS085, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    doink likes this.
  4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Let's be real, it's all about the toys.

BoredGuy likes this.
  5. JKKS085 Registered

To be fair, the only CM toys I remember seeing on the market bear the likeness of the suit she wears in her solo movie. Although it is possibly an oversight on my part, let’s not be needlessly cynical about this.

6. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I'm not. It's common knowledge they make most of their money from merchandising. I haven't seen the 2023 suit as an action figure, but I have seen it on sale as a costume, so yeah, it's part of the merch plan. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.