Endgame Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers - Brie Larson

Yeah, I REALLY hate this trend of CGI-ing costumes over costumes. Just let the costume people do their thing.

Going with CGI probably had something to do with production on Endgame and Captain Marvel overlapping and the different creative teams still figuring out a visual language for the character. The same thing happened in Civil War with the inclusion of Spider-Man being last minute the visual development team kept working on his appearance while shooting was in progress with Holland dressed in a mock-up suit.

The different outfits though make sense narratively, the one she wears at the beginning of Endgame is there to show that time has passed since her solo movie while she gets a new one (along with the shorter hair) after the 5 year time jump.

Last edited:
Let's be real, it's all about the toys.
To be fair, the only CM toys I remember seeing on the market bear the likeness of the suit she wears in her solo movie. Although it is possibly an oversight on my part, let’s not be needlessly cynical about this.

To be fair, the only CM toys I remember seeing on the market bear the likeness of the suit she wears in her solo movie. Although it is possibly an oversight on my part, let’s not be needlessly cynical about this.
I'm not. It's common knowledge they make most of their money from merchandising. I haven't seen the 2023 suit as an action figure, but I have seen it on sale as a costume, so yeah, it's part of the merch plan. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"