Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the 1st BP trailer released at SDCC? I would think that was the reason why we had one.
2017 SDCC was in mid/end July, wasn't it? BP trailer dropped online June 9th, more than a month before last year's SDCC. Seriously, it pretty much came out of nowhere.

2017 SDCC was in mid/end July, wasn't it? BP trailer dropped online June 9th, more than a month before last year's SDCC. Seriously, it pretty much came out of nowhere.

I remember the poster for it mainly, but yeah I think the teaser was before SDCC now. They showed footage at SDCC which was the big hype.

Unfortunately, I don't think they're allowed to share anything.
It's not like Comic-Con where anyone can leak anything.
Best we can hope for is that they decide to officially share it slightly before Ant-Man & The Wasp premieres, which is still close enough.

No, I’m not expecting to see the actual footage, but usually descriptions get leaked, even from these professional expos. I believe the first description of her concept art came from one before it was shown to the world at SDCC.

Fingers crossed.
Also, they might even release this a lot sooner than expected, considering they are not going to Comic-Con this year and that we already had a BP trailer at this point last year.

Footage Details From the Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel CineEurope Presentations
Finally the Captain Marvel presentation did feature footage as opposed to Kevin Feige sitting in a chair the whole time, and it was meant to introduce people to Carol Danvers. The footage shown highlighted her as a character and talked about how she would become the new face and leader of the Marvel Cinematic Universe while talking a little bit about her powers and how powerful of a character she is.
Sounds cool.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/samuel-l-jackson-on-incredibles-2-captain-marvel-glass.html

She’s taken this responsibility very seriously: ‘I’ve got to represent not just me, Brie as an actress, but every woman on the planet as a strong woman. This character means so much to the franchise!’ And it’s like, breathe. Just breathe,” says Jackson. “You are who you are and they hired you for a reason, so just do you.”
She was trying to find another actor, and I said, ‘Why are you chasing him when you’ve got me right here?’ She said, ‘You would actually do my movie?’ And it’s like, yeah!” Jackson scoffs, as though his participation is the most obvious thing in the world. If you’re a director with a September project, you’d best get dialing.
“She wants it to be a special film, she wants it to represent women, she wants it to be a film that has heart and depth,” he says. “Brie grabs information from everywhere: Who was the first female pilot? What were her struggles? She wants to make sure all of that is embodied in the character to give it the justice of the woman’s struggle, to follow her from where she was to becoming this great force, because she’s the most powerful character in the Marvel universe.”

Last edited:
they can give us a teaser as thank you for 2 billion :oldrazz:

Yes, we defintiely deserve it. ;)

I feel I am still owed for seeing Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor 1 and Thor 2 on opening days. At this point, nothing short of having Chris Evans sensually feed me grapes by hand as I watch an advance screening of Avengers 4 will suffice.

It's nice to see Marvel not only giving a female composer a chance, but also an obscure one as well.

One fun note: it's rumored she scored the Wonder Woman scenes in Justice League under composer Danny Elfman's supervision (she got an "additional music" credit in the film and in the CD liner notes). No confirmation either way.

She also did the music for Fortnite!

You know what that means.

MinorEvilDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif

I feel I am still owed for seeing Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor 1 and Thor 2 on opening days. At this point, nothing short of having Chris Evans sensually feed me grapes by hand as I watch an advance screening of Avengers 4 will suffice.

You should tweet that out to him.. :p I remember this one scene in Big Bang Theory where Sheldon goes "I sat through Iron Man 2, I think your client Robert Downey Jr. owes me 2 hours of his time." Lol.

Can't hurt to give someone like her a shot. Better her than someone who's past their prime and kinda coasting on reputation.

I kinda wonder if CM can tap into the symbolism of being a modern-take of a female superhero. And the contrast to say old-school Wonder Woman.

Some of Toprak’s composing credits include SyFy’s Krypton and the video game Fortnite. Her scores have won two International Film Music Critics Association Awards: one in 2010 for the film The Lightkeepers and a second in 2011 for the documentary The Wind Gods. Her win for The Lightkeepers made her the first woman to win an IFMCA Award.

:yay:

Pinar Toprak: Topic:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXNUNNQSJyVOnbb_k-X701Q/featured

First Race 1851 (from "The Wind Gods"):

[YT]AHHgs6r8cfk[/YT]

Can't hurt to give someone like her a shot. Better her than someone who's past their prime and kinda coasting on reputation.

I agree! It’s so nice to hear music from people who are not Williams, Horner, elfman or giachonno. No harm no foul on those people, I just mean you hear them everywhere!

I am honestly so excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back