Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
DmV5reGXoAAjtTw.jpg
I'm sure it's been said, but; Marvelous!!

Law's Mar-Vell and the others don't disappoint either. I'm really looking forward for this to capture a bit of both the Roy Thomas-Gene Colan run and Jim Starlin's.

That de-aging CGI of Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury looks incredible, but I'm a little disappointed there's no promo picture of Clark Gregg as Coulson with the de-aging technique yet. I guess they must want to keep that back for the first trailer.

Do you not like the still either? The cover I don’t think is amazing.
The cover should have been more like Jodie Whittaker's EW cover for Doctor Who. It should have given a greater sense of awe and wonder, rather than an actor thinking 'Is this photoshoot over yet?'.

That said, Brie Larson looks brilliant in the other promo pictures. I think she's going to be fantastic in the role.

Brie Larson talks suiting up as the 'flawed' but 'empowering' hero in Captain Marvel
When Brie Larson talks about Captain Marvel, the word that comes up over and over again is “flaw.”

Carol Danvers — the Air Force pilot with alien powers that Larson plays in Captain Marvel — is very flawed. She may be a part-Kree, part-human warrior with the powers of a god, but she’s anything but godlike: She’s aggressive and brash, impulsive and hotheaded. She’s the first one to rush into battle, and she doesn’t always wait for orders. She tells bad jokes. And in many ways, Captain Marvel (out March 2019) finds her at war with herself, as she tries to reconcile her Kree perfectionism with her human fallibility.

“You have this Kree part of her that’s unemotional, that is an amazing fighter and competitive,” Larson says. “Then there’s this human part of her that is flawed but is also the thing that she ends up leading by. It’s the thing that gets her in trouble, but it’s also the thing that makes her great. And those two sides warring against each other is what makes her her.”

Carol’s flaws are what drive her story, and it’s those same flaws that drew Larson — an Oscar winner best known for dramas like Room and Short Term 12 — to Captain Marvel. There are the action scenes and wisecracks and bright-green aliens that come with most Marvel movies, of course, but there are also moments of introspection: When the film starts, Carol has left Earth behind to adventure in the stars and join the elite Kree military team Starforce, but she soon finds herself back on her home planet with new questions about her past and identity.

“That is something that is really exciting to me about this film: We did not cut corners on that stuff,” Larson says. “Like, when it’s funny, it is funny, but also when there’s deep emotional things happening, it’s real. So I was able to bring some of those same things that I’ve brought to full dramatic roles into this, which I’m really proud of because I think it will really set this film apart.”

This statement sing handedly blew up my excitement for this film. The other quotes and pictures are cool and fun, but this is the thing that got me fully on board. If this movie is able to fully execute both aspects of silly and drama without undercutting either one ( first class and DOFP are good examples of this IMO) this could be one for the ages. I can't wait to see Carols journey.

This looks... ok. I’m in the minority I know. Agents of Shield ruined the Kree a bit for me this past season as all I can think of now is how cheap looking the effects for them were.

The Skrull picture also falls flat for me. It just looks too rubber mask-y like Farscape or something. Hopefully it looks more natural in live action and after FX are added in.

This looks... ok. I’m in the minority I know. Agents of Shield ruined the Kree a bit for me this past season as all I can think of now is how cheap looking the effects for them were.

The Skrull picture also falls flat for me. It just looks too rubber mask-y like Farscape or something. Hopefully it looks more natural in live action and after FX are added in.
It will. The sets and alien designs for the first GOTG movie looked cheap and crappy to me in most of the promo stuff, until I actually saw the film.

Leave the X-Men insecurities on the X-Men board, please. Don't bring that Fox/Marvel BS here.

Guys, seriously. Drop it. I'm deleting the posts.

I agree.

I agree. the only negative so far for me. The ones in the concept art look better to me. The ones in the picture look like something out of Star trek TV show TBH.

KyAB0WK.jpg

Korath, Minn-erva, and Blue Man Group all have sidearms. Carol doesn't. Carol IS the weapon.

And with that thousand yard stare, she looks like a tactical nuke!

I think it's really cool that some of the villains from the previous GotG are some of the 'good guys' here.

I was noticing the stars on their chests and how they are all different. Is this comic accurate? Is it a badge rank? And does anyone else think that the guy to Carol's right, with the really wide eyes, dies early..?

The still image of Brie in costume is way better than the cover, easily. Everything looks really solid, especially that photo of Samuel, I'm sold.

Looking forward to more exclusives this week.

Her suit looks nice, we haven't had a non tech suit in some time. I am sure she will get tech after A4.

I expected picks since it was EW and Marvel has not released a trailer for them. I still say MNF opener.

The suit looks real good. I just wish they had the sash. Maybe it'll be there for the last scenes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"