Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy that Monica Rambeau is going to have a future in the MCU, I was worried she would be a character in the past. When Dewanda dropped out I was disappointed, because I thought she would be playing Monica. Now that is confirmed that Monica is a kid here, I hope we get her back as Monica in Captain Marvel 2.
Do you guys think we will see young Monica? I hope we do, I don't want her to be off screen.

So Monica will definitely be known as Photon in the future? Or how about Pulsar or Spectrum or whatever other name she took on because the writers couldn't settle on a name?

THIS!

DmY2_pcUYAUd-Y7.jpg

I wish they looked like that.

So are these Skrulls taller than in the comics? They were usually rather short compared to other races. Here they look of normal height. Maybe they've even made them taller. In the comics they were almost like the Ferengi from TNG and DS9. These look a far more serious threat.

It's pretty fitting, since this is a 90s film, to have the Skrulls be prosthetic rather than CGI.

Probably Katheryn Winnick.

Sorry, I missed this post yesterday.

I like Winnick a lot, but I don't think she would have been able to portray DeConnick's funny and sometimes dorky Carol Danvers. Larson, on the other hand, is perfect for that.

Do you guys think we will see young Monica? I hope we do, I don't want her to be off screen.

I bet we will. According to some rumors, Marvel hired two black actors to play someone's grandparents... I bet they're Monica's.

Maybe they add cgi fx to the skrulls on-top of the prostetics. Can't really judge it yet untill the movie comes out ;)

Jude Law teases his ‘devout warrior’ character in Captain Marvel
“He is driven by a belief in the divine leadership of the Kree people,” Law says. “So he’s almost a devout warrior — unquestioning, conservative, but inspirational.”

But of all the Starforce members, Law’s character is particularly close to Carol, whom he views as a mentee and pet project. “These extraordinary powers she has, he sees them as something of a blessing and something that she has to learn how to control,” Law says. “That’s a motif throughout the piece, the element of learning to control one’s emotions and to use your powers wisely.”

“There’s a lot and back and forth that comes with the two of them, which kind of creates a little bit of tension with the rest of Starforce,” Larson adds. “Like, ‘Why do they have a special relationship, and why isn’t it me?’”

^^white people, always self-segregatin' and shiiii....lol

I dunno about the changes to Carol's origin
I have faith in Marvel to pull it off well, but we already have (or had at least) one half-alien hero with near godlike potential... won't be the least bit shocked if she gets a power downgrade/has her powers temporarily stripped in CM2

^^white people, always self-segregatin' and shiiii....lol

I dunno about the changes to Carol's origin
I have faith in Marvel to pull it off well, but we already have (or had at least) one half-alien hero with near godlike potential... won't be the least bit shocked if she gets a power downgrade/has her powers temporarily stripped in CM2

What changes are there to her origin?

What changes are there to her origin?
Well, her being a member of Starforce, led by Captain Marvel, and already having powers.... I'm not gunna jump the gun on the whole "half-kree" speculation... but I dunno, her comic origin (getting her powers from Mar-vell in an explosion), while admittedly not the best in terms of Carol's "agency", was fairly unique and interesting in the world of superhero origins

Again, I'm 99.5% sure Marvel will make it awesome regardless, I just wanna see something generally close to the comics

Last edited:
My new thoughts on the timeline given all this new information: since she’s been on Starforce for a while when we first meet her, I’m gonna say the “present day” in this movie, when she comes back to Earth after having been gone for a while and meets up with Fury and Coulson and all that, is gonna be circa 1998-99. Which would jive with Clark Gregg’s comments about it being “8 or 9 or 10 years before Iron Man.” Then when she starts having flashbacks once she comes back to Earth, those are set around 1992, hence the early 90’s wardrobe and set decor (like the “rock the vote” posters).

My new thoughts on the timeline given all this new information: since she’s been on Starforce for a while when we first meet her, I’m gonna say the “present day” in this movie, when she comes back to Earth after having been gone for a while and meets up with Fury and Coulson and all that, is gonna be circa 1998-99. Which would jive with Clark Gregg’s comments about it being “8 or 9 or 10 years before Iron Man.” Then when she starts having flashbacks once she comes back to Earth, those are set around 1992, hence the early 90’s wardrobe and set decor (like the “rock the vote” posters).

This all sounds about right to me as well.

The stuff that normally comes from EW "First Look" stuff always tends to be ok/good. The covers aren't good and some of the images are just kind of ok. But this stuff is just a normal stepping stone in the marketing material. The Trailer always makes things look so much better. Also other magazines like Empire tend to have stuff that looks way better and more polished.

The images that i like the most from this first batch are...
The suit looks pretty cool. The colouring and everything else is spot on.

opw-15891_r.jpg

Cool team shot. Green Lantern vibes.

opw-16473_r.jpg

She looks very good.

opw-05957_r.jpg

Nice little thing with her on the cockpit.

opw-09677_r.jpg

NegligibleZestyHarpseal.webm

NegligibleZestyHarpseal-size_restricted.gif

It appears some men have a problem with how serious Carol looks in the EW stills. Do they genuinely believe that Marvel hired Brie Larson to play an unfunny, stoic Strong Female Character? Can't wait for those very same people to call her "annoying" when she starts cracking jokes.

This man does not have a problem! She can look at me like that aalll day. Plus, they released the images from obviously tense points in the film. I'm sure we'll get some 'grinning while planet-killing' anytime now!

Having different things on their chests is comics accurate, but I'm not sure these specific symbols are.

If memory serves, comic book Kree ranks symbols where suns/moons/planets, as opposed to stars with differing points.

Thanks. Thought there might be something more significant. And what about that guy with the wide-eyes? Who thinks he dies first..?

Last edited:
I'm so glad we're getting both the Kree green outfit as well as the traditional outfit. That's much cooler than getting just the one. And all the Kree guys look good to me.

I'm so glad we're getting both the Kree green outfit as well as the traditional outfit. That's much cooler than getting just the one. And all the Kree guys look good to me.
Well it makes sense to have both, since she won't be super powered from the start. Has to earn her stripes.

The stuff that normally comes from EW "First Look" stuff always tends to be ok/good. The covers aren't good and some of the images are just kind of ok. But this stuff is just a normal stepping stone in the marketing material. The Trailer always makes things look so much better. Also other magazines like Empire tend to have stuff that looks way better and more polished.

The images that i like the most from this first batch are...
The suit looks pretty cool. The colouring and everything else is spot on.

opw-15891_r.jpg

Cool team shot. Green Lantern vibes.

opw-16473_r.jpg

She looks very good.

opw-05957_r.jpg

Nice little thing with her on the cockpit.

opw-09677_r.jpg
haha she loves that fist clinch pose.

The street clothes one has to be undercover trying to gather info scene. We know Marvel loves the baseball cap as a disguise.

Hope we get at least one scene with her really piloting. Have her show off her skills since she will likely have to prove herself.

Still a hideous piece of photoshop, lol.
It's such a stark difference between the still as she looks beautiful, strong and powerful all at once in that image. She looks like she's smelling **** in that cover photo.

I wish they gave her the sash.

Also Superman on film should take note. If they're not going to give him the red underwear, give him a red belt like this to break up the blue.

I wish they gave her the sash.
This!

I blame Cull Obsidian :oldrazz:.

Disney is ready to sell toys/merch :funny:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"