Cast the Harley Quinn/BoP movie

Please, in the name of all that is holy, hire a costume designer that understands iconography.

Visually, Ayer getting his hands on Catwoman and Poison Ivy terrifies me.

He's already getting things underway...

23-cat-tattoo.jpg

Best-Flower-Tattoos-39.jpg

Welp, lets see how this goes.

Get ready, Boom

It's about to get a whole lot worse before it gets better

d02fcd176d1c5f11d1ba90572941fe49.jpg

Please, in the name of all that is holy, hire a costume designer that understands iconography and drop the Mexican cartel ********.

Visually, Ayer getting his hands on Catwoman and Poison Ivy terrifies me. Please do not **** this up.
This so much. He's a guy who has absolutely no sense of subtlety. The only character whose costume I'd let him design is Black Canary.

:dry:

I still haven't seen Suicide Squad, but this doesn't exactly seem a wise choice to me.

That's because it isn't.

What WB/DC have now done is, fast track a movie that wasn't part of their planned slate but because they saw a modicum of success they thought it to be a brilliant idea to pull a reactionary move and fast track a Harley solo film and now it's turned into this. There's no stability or long term plan with the DCEU.

Of course. It has nothing to do with the fact SS is poorly directed, and has an awful script.

1) I obviously didn't have a problem with his direction. I'm also aware that he's directed more than just one movie.

2) Again, the movie was hacked to bits. Maybe the original script and direction were stronger than the finished product. I don't know. But I'm willing to give him another shot. And if he fails without having the excuse of studio interference, then that'll be his fault.

Don't even get me started on how Ayer treats woman. Now they want him for this?

Are you basing your opinion entirely on SS? Again: he's made other movies. But if he has treated women poorly in them, then yeah, I understand being worried.

But I do agree with Boom: I'm a little nervous about the costumes. Harley's was fine, but she was definitely sexualized, but Katana's wasn't, and she wasn't the slightest bit objectified. So it could go either way.

Ayer is a good director but I didn't like suicide squad very much so idk.

It's a Gotham City Sirens movie. I'm excited.

Well... I know Robbie is not going to wear the SS costume but I hope Ayer doesn't have a say in the rest as he supposedly did in his last DC movie.

Oh, and Thandie Newton as Catwoman.

Mackenzie Davis as Oracle (I will fan cast her as everything)

Get Wilkinson in ASAP on everyone else...

On one hand I think Ayer could make a good CBM and WB is the reason Suicide Squad was bad but on the other hand I don't want Arkhamverse Ivy with tattoos.

It's going to be dumb, mindless fun just as SS was...

God help us, man...

Geneva Robertson-Dworet? B-b-but Umberto had the exclusive scoop it would be Christina Hodson! :sus

What WB/DC have now done is, fast track a movie that wasn't part of their planned slate but because they saw a modicum of success they thought it to be a brilliant idea to pull a reactionary move and fast track a Harley solo film and now it's turned into this. There's no stability or long term plan with the DCEU.
Sad but true. Still doesn't explain why they would bring back Ayer, though. I mean I know his movie made a decent amount of money but is that really a good enough reason? I guess it is.

Sad but true. Still doesn't explain why they would bring back Ayer, though. I mean I know his movie made a decent amount of money but is that really a good enough reason? I guess it is.

Since it's said that Margot Robbie is producing this herself maybe she liked working with him enough to push for him to direct this.

Bring on the Sirens!! I am ready for a really fun movie!! A lit of DC's best characters are a part of the Batverse so I can see why WB is moving forward with this!

If anything this would definitely be the ideal movie to have Paul Dini creatively involved in IMO

I doubt he would go anywhere near another CBM, but this would have been an ideal film for Wheedon to have joined the WB/DC 'family'. His writing & instinctive ability to understand the female character (see Buffy) would have suited this so well.

All this and before we get a batman solo film :whatever:

I just don't get WB/DC. Like, seriously, why do they behave like this?

They're letting Affleck be for his Batman, Flash for whatever reason isn't gaining speed and Robbie/Ayer are willing so Sirens will most likely take its spot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"