The Mandalorian Chapter Nine Spoiler Discussion (Season 2 Premiere)

I think Boba being a clone could actually pay off wonderfully if the show explores how Boba dealt with being a clone and how it influenced him and impacted his life and psyche as he got older.

Ideally I'd like for his arc in the show to end with him becoming a true mandalorian and choosing to live by the Mandalorian creed. Id like for Boba to find in Din Djarin the brotherhood that he was deprived of in his youth.

My question is this, what does Boba Fett even know about Mandalorians, and does he even care?

They haven’t exactly cleared up how Jango Fett fits into the Mandalorian culture beyond Almec disavowing him. Boba would probably be going off whatever his dad taught him. I imagine this is something they’ll get into as the season progresses.

I think Boba being a clone could actually pay off wonderfully if the show explores how Boba dealt with being a clone and how it influenced him and impacted his life and psyche as he got older.

Ideally I'd like for his arc in the show to end with him becoming a true mandalorian and choosing to live by the Mandalorian creed. Id like for Boba to find in Din Djarin the brotherhood that he was deprived of in his youth.

As much as I hate that whole "Boba takes down a star destroyer" story, I do kind of really love the dynamic they set up with the clones.

I would also rather keep Boba as a loner.

I agree the clone backstory harmed Boba's character, but it doesn't kill the character imo.

Given Boba is just a freelance bounty hunter, I doubt he cares about the Mandalorians.

He didn't care enough about them to keep him from continue working for the Empire despite the Night of 1000 Tears, Imperial Occupation, and whatever else happened to Mandalorians to drive them into hiding.

They haven’t exactly cleared up how Jango Fett fits into the Mandalorian culture beyond Almec disavowing him. Boba would probably be going off whatever his dad taught him. I imagine this is something they’ll get into as the season progresses.

Roose is right. Boba's whole wearing the armor is mainly because of his dad...and the importance of family and legacy is very core to the whole Mando philosophy/ideology. Which while true Mando's would see Boba as an imposter/faker, they can't deny that at least he's holding true to some of their values.

But really the whole key is where Jango fits into the story. All of Jango's fleshed out backstory was tossed out with the EU though he still claims to be from Concord Dawn which is a Mando world. Though maybe they'll finally has it all out.

He didn't care enough about them to keep him from continue working for the Empire despite the Night of 1000 Tears, Imperial Occupation, and whatever else happened to Mandalorians to drive them into hiding.

Totally makes sense from his POV though.

For one, he wasn't raised in the Mandalorian culture or with any discernible attachment to them besides wearing their armor which he got from his father, so he has no particular reason to feel loyalty or affinity toward them, or even care about them.

For two, Boba is a freelance bounty hunter whose own father was too and was raised with that "me, myself, and I's the only person to trust or rely on or let myself care about" mentality. Boba loved his father, but Jango is loooong gone, and Boba's solely out for Boba.

Roose is right. Boba's whole wearing the armor is mainly because of his dad...and the importance of family and legacy is very core to the whole Mando philosophy/ideology. Which while true Mando's would see Boba as an imposter/faker, they can't deny that at least he's holding true to some of their values.

But really the whole key is where Jango fits into the story. All of Jango's fleshed out backstory was tossed out with the EU though he still claims to be from Concord Dawn which is a Mando world. Though maybe they'll finally has it all out.

I mean, in-universe right now the main person saying Jango isn’t a true Mandalorian is Almec, and...that same man let his people become thralls to Maul.

Yeah, and Djin was adopted by Death Watch. With a non-zero chance that the Armorer was a Mauldalorian.

I presume Almec's stance was the standard one of the New Mandalorians. I mean, there is a chance that the Fetts were part of the Civil War that took place when Qui-gon and Obi-wan had to protect Satine (FYI, I want a book about that period). We still do not entirely know the full relationships of the various sects of Mandalorians.

Did anyone catch the credits if they listed Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett? Some people I have seen still doubt it's him lol.

Did anyone catch the credits if they listed Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett? Some people I have seen still doubt it's him lol.

Well he's unlikely to be another clone given all the evidence and there's no reason for another clone to be there.

I'm usually to busy drooling over the gorgeous concept art during the credits, . But I don't think they do as character credits.
Just the actors names, so it wouldn't settle your doubt anyway.
If everything else wasn't enough already as someone drives away with his armor, you're better off cuing them up to the give away spurs sound again, as this time he walks towards camera.

That said- missed downtime opportunity, putting a tiny saddle on a womprat, and having the Yoby ride it around.:oldrazz:

chapter9_endcredits_7_1000x544.jpg

Last edited:
Catching up on Episode 1, Season 2

Nice getting some more familiar aliens again.

Back to Tatooine.....is the Mando he’s talking about Boba Fett? I don’t think Boba is technically a Mandalorian, but the cyclops crime lord might not know the difference.

Call me a geek, but I get excited by all the little familiar things like the Banthas, Tusken Raiders, and pit droids.

Tusken Raiders portrayed as something other than one dimensionally violent and aggressive. World building!

The Marshal. Obviously not Boba but definitely wearing Boba’s armor.

Timothy Olyphant is already a fun character.

Sandworm!

So THAT’S a Krayt Dragon.

Once again The Mandalorian puts me into a huge Star Wars mood despite the franchise having so much bullshirt to deal with.

The show hasn't lost its edge, first episode was a good fun adventure.

Last edited:
Well he's unlikely to be another clone given all the evidence and there's no reason for another clone to be there.
Yeah, he's obviously playing Fett, basically everything about the episode points towards Fett. I could see old man Rex appearing later this season though alongside Ahsoka, Morrison has expressed interest in playing him so it'd be a shame to miss the opportunity.

The climax with the Krayt Dragon was really good. Does this season have a bigger budget? Because not that the effects were bad in S1, but the Krayt Dragon looked amazing. Totally Star Wars movie-level effects work there.

The whole cinematography and everything looked really good this episode, maybe because Favreau himself directed it.

The climax with the Krayt Dragon was really good. Does this season have a bigger budget? Because not that the effects were bad in S1, but the Krayt Dragon looked amazing. Totally Star Wars movie-level effects work there.

The whole cinematography and everything looked really good this episode, maybe because Favreau himself directed it.
I think a lot of season 1's budget went into setting up the Volume, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have more money to throw into the rest of the show this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"