The Mandalorian Chapter Nine Spoiler Discussion (Season 2 Premiere)

I've been wondering if the chap at the end is a misdirection - not Boba but one of Ahsoka's loyal clone troopers tracking the child.

I've been wondering if the chap at the end is a misdirection - not Boba but one of Ahsoka's loyal clone troopers tracking the child.
He's too young for that. The clones would be much older by now.

Maybe Ahsoka force facelifted him! Similar to Rey's force heal but with plastic midiclorians instead.

Boba being weathered and looking older than his age already would be justifiable just because he's presumably had a rough, tough life, but it's even more justifiable now after getting swallowed by a Sarlaac and somehow getting back out.

I can't remember if I said it already, but my big takeaway: it is the traditional prerogative of Knights in Shining Armor to save villages by slaying a dragon. *ahem*

On many levels The Mandalorian is pure spaghetti western, but underneath it has quite a bit of classical fantasy DNA.

With their new stagecraft technology they can make a budget go a lot further than they would with traditional sets. Instead of location shooting or having to do a lot of CG on the background, literally the entire set is one giant CG effects stage which makes it cheaper and easier to produce.

My understanding is, it also has another advantage: less/no need for compositing. Normally for green screen shoots, you need to create the CGI, and then spend a ton of man hours integrating together the filmed shots and the CGI. With these virtual sets, you don't need to do compositing, because its all already in the camera. So, even if you still need to spend as many man-hours making the virtual set assets, you still save time and money and labor.

My understanding is, it also has another advantage: less/no need for compositing. Normally for green screen shoots, you need to create the CGI, and then spend a ton of man hours integrating together the filmed shots and the CGI. With these virtual sets, you don't need to do compositing, because its all already in the camera. So, even if you still need to spend as many man-hours making the virtual set assets, you still save time and money and labor.
They do occasionally need to do green behind the actors instead of the CG backgrounds in instances where the CG backgrounds aren't of high enough quality for a finished shot, they are still able to use the unfinished CG everywhere else in the Volume to create accurate light reflections though.

They do occasionally need to do green behind the actors instead of the CG backgrounds in instances where the CG backgrounds aren't of high enough quality for a finished shot, they are still able to use the unfinished CG everywhere else in the Volume to create accurate light reflections though.

Yeah, that's why I said "less/no compositing". You still need green screen for some things, but every shot that doesn't need it is a big savings.

They aged twice as fast as normal humans, so they’d all be biologically around their 80s by this point in time.
I thought they just ramped up their growth to adulthood then they aged normally? Rex was in fighting shape for thr Battle of Endor. He had a white beard, but he was in the attack at the shield bunker.

I thought they just ramped up their growth to adulthood then they aged normally? Rex was in fighting shape for thr Battle of Endor. He had a white beard, but he was in the attack at the shield bunker.

There’s nothing to indicate that their ageing would slow down once they meet maturity. Certainly neither Clone Wars or Rebels brings it up, just that they age twice as fast as natural born humans.

Also, Rex has been confirmed as being involved during Endor, but they haven’t actually out and out confirmed he’s the same guy as Nik Sant. (There was some pushback, considering that the RotJ actor is white and Temuera Morrison isn’t) so we really don’t know what he looked like then or to what extent he was involved. Plus, he could have pulled a Solid Snake and gotten through the battle even with a ****ed body.

You know, I kind of wish more writers realized that "maturation" and "aging" are two, largely unrelated, things.

Solid season opener. Olyphant's character was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"