• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chapter 77 - Brave New World

I really liked the finally,:awesome::up: but apparently I was the only one lol,:doh: go figure!!!:oldrazz::D:up:

Did they ever explain why Eli turned on Sam? I thought Matt was controlling him...not because Eli had seen the light.

It was because Matt was controlling him. The last time we saw Eli before he confronted Samuel was Matt forcing a thought into his head and saying "You're going to do exactly what I tell you to."

I really liked the finally,:awesome::up: but apparently I was the only one lol,:doh: go figure!!!:oldrazz::D:up:

Don't worry, you're not the only one. :word:

They could have at least shown Matt one more time.

It was because Matt was controlling him. The last time we saw Eli before he confronted Samuel was Matt forcing a thought into his head and saying "You're going to do exactly what I tell you to."

Don't worry, you're not the only one. :word:

:D:up:

Hey this sounds good . I'm at least happy that Samuel wasn't killed off , we'll get more of him.

Yep, when he is killed off by next season's villain.

Still, tonight was horrible. Just, awful. No super powered fight. Claire pretty much negating the whole plot. I mean, she is so under-developed that I still don't get why the hell she did that. I think it was some thinly veilled metaphor for her being a lesbian, but who knows. Tracy showing up was ridiculous and random. But the worst part had to be the reporters at the end. Find some better extras.

Claire: No comment.
Reporter: Are you sure? You look like you have something to say.

That line was delivered so poorly. And we all know journalists are trained to run away from the government official who is giving them the scoop and ask the random teenage girl what happened and then follow her en mass on her command. This show has become a guilty pleasure, which is sad cause it used to be great.

Wow I don't know if this finale could of been any worse...whatever happened to the public already knowing about super powered people? Did everyone forget or something? This show is so convoluted for its own good. Good night Heroes, probably wont get another season.

Plus the number one power in Heroes is "the ability to end a conflict using merely words despite being in a ****ing tent full of people with super powers and thus ending any hope of an awesome super powered fight"

The pushing gravel back and forth between Peter and Samuel was a lame finale fight. I hoped for another Season 1 battle but yet again, Heroes doesn't deliver. I sort of got excited when Claire said stand up against him. I thought we would see an epic fight. Nope, everyone leaves and they fight back and forth to see who can control a mole hill.

I can See that Season 5 may be the 2nd to last season if not the last. Its gonna be a "What If?" kind of season. Remember that the government already knows about people with abilities from Vol 4. So the story of Hiro is kind of complete. He gave up his love and lost and regained his powers. What else can he do. Ando Has now powers and if happy. Tracy is back working in politics. Dr. Suresh is unknown at the time. Nathan Died. Angela is alone. Sylar is good. Peter can have any ability with just a touch.Matt has his real family. So i guess we kind of can call it a series?

Suresh Spoilers:

He went back to India in the comics to be with his girl. The End.

I can't believe people still expect epic fights from Heroes. This has never been an super hero action show. Ever. We've had a handful of fights each season and they always last like 1 minute. :dry:

At least every character used their powers to help stop Samuel as opposed to S1 where everyone stood around and watched Peter punch Sylar a few times before Hiro stabbed him.

I'm surprised nobody's asked this but, how the hell did Tracy even know Claire and Noah were trapped below ground???

Because Lauren called her last episode and they probably pieced together what happened.

I don't get how Samuel was completely powerless without everyone. He had power when it was just him and his brother. So shouldn't he have some sort of power with Peter/Sylar/Claire and Emma there?

This. It made no sense. NONE. And when Samuel was all alone in that town with no specials around, he decimated it. And the police station. And the mansion in "Ink".

they established an episode or 2 ago that Lauren will callTracy Strauss in an emergency. She was standing on the spot, figured out they were in the recently-made hole, and called Tracy.

This may be a very very dumb question but when Noah told Claire that her lungs would be able to heal...i dunno that didnt seem right to me. I mean, they were running out of air to breath, its not a matter of healing is it? Once there's no more air, thats it, there's no more oxygen left to support your body. Claire's lungs cannot generate air to breath. What im saying is, even though she's a healer, wouldnt she have died anyway due to the fact that she needs air just as much as her father?

I suppose new lung tissue would regenerate as the oxygen deprived ones die. It makes sense in theory but I stand by the fact that suffocation is one of the guaranteed ways to kill any healer/regen

Thats what i was thinking. If there's no air for the lung tissue to take in and release carbon dioxide, then thats it. Claire can heal any damaged tissue but she cant create air. It takes more than healing your lungs to survive suffocation or even drowning.

Unless she no longer needs to breathe and eat. Comic writers love to add that little tid-bit to the abilities of a healer.

But, how...ah never mind, its better not to think too much about it. lol

This may be a very very dumb question but when Noah told Claire that her lungs would be able to heal...i dunno that didnt seem right to me. I mean, they were running out of air to breath, its not a matter of healing is it? Once there's no more air, thats it, there's no more oxygen left to support your body. Claire's lungs cannot generate air to breath. What im saying is, even though she's a healer, wouldnt she have died anyway due to the fact that she needs air just as much as her father?

I thought the same thing, I even remember in the ep when Claire meets her biological pyrokinetic mom, she almost suffocates and kills Claire by burning up the oxygen in the trailer or w/e it was... now she can't suffocate???

That kinda confused me

I enjoyed the finale as much as any other episode. It's not a great show but it is entertaining.

Maybe the reason Samuel had his powers in the town and the police station etc is because he needs people, not physically but needs there faith or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"