Chapter 47 - "Duality" - Discussion Thread 12/15/2008

Risking a burn to save yours and her life or waiting until she consumes all the oxygen or burns him anyways? I have been passed out by someone before and I didn't struggle because I knew the situation. You sit down, cross your arms and take deep breaths and then hold your last breath. They put their hands around your neck, blood flow is slowed down to your head and your pass out.
THAT is not healthy at all. Deprieving your Brain of Oxygen is never, ever a good idea.

Risking a burn to save yours and her life or waiting until she consumes all the oxygen or burns him anyways? I have been passed out by someone before and I didn't struggle because I knew the situation. You sit down, cross your arms and take deep breaths and then hold your last breath. They put their hands around your neck, blood flow is slowed down to your head and your pass out.
and what makes you think an andreline pumped Meredith would have reacted as calmly as you did?

There was no way Noah would even be able to get close enough to Meredith to knock her out with her powers going as crazy as they were.

I'm pretty dissapointed in this episode. It seemed so forced and random.

-How was Sylar able to counter Eric's body control ability?

-It takes the death of their boss before Flint and Knox realize that they won't be that special anymore if everyone has powers? They couldn't have figured this out sooner?

- I don't like the idea of Ando getting a power. Although his power sin't too bad.

- Peter taking the formula was bad. Suresh turns into a monster, Ando passes out but Peter instantly gains flight.

- The villainess Nathan wasn't well developed at all. Him and Peter love eachother. They saved eachothers lives many times, including in the middle of a junge in Haiti but a day later Nathan tells Peter that he would have left him to die when Peter has just saved his ass, again. :huh:

- When Tracy killed that reporter she was crying, she felt guilty, wanted to turn herself in and even tried to commit suicide. But now she just kills people wihout batting an eye? She killed Knox like it was nothing, so she's a stone cold killer now?

- Why was Claire giving everyone orders? Someone needed to seriously shut her up.

Last edited:
I'm pretty dissapointed in this episode. It seemed so forced and random.

-How was Sylar able to counter Eric's body control ability?
Sylar is much more powerful than any of the Level 5 mutants. He killed Jesse at the beginning of Season 3.

-It takes the death of their boss before Flint and Knox realize that they won't be that special anymore if everyone has powers? They couldn't have figured this out sooner?
They knew that Arthur was much more powerful so if they didn't agree with him or if they stood in his way, they knew what would become of themselves.

- I don't like the idea of Ando getting a power. Although his power sin't too bad.
Ultimate Side-kick. :D

- Peter taking the formula was bad. Suresh turns into a monster, Ando passes out but Peter instantly gains flight.
Peter already had powers so the molecular change didn't effect him as great as it did when Ando took the formula.

- The villainess Nathan wasn't well developed at all. Him and Peter love eachother. They saved eachothers lives many times, including in the middle of a junge in Haiti but a day later Nathan tells Peter that he would have left him to die when Peter has just saved his ass, again. :huh:
I do agree that his 180 degree personality change was rediculous and uncalled for, but come on. Didn't you see it coming? He was bound to become a baddie.

- When Tracy killed that reporter she was crying, she felt guilty, wanted to turn herself in and even tried to commit suicide. But now she just kills people wihout batting an eye? She killed Knox like it was nothing, so she's a stone cold killer now?
That was the first time she ever experienced her power. Prior to that incident, powers weren't of the norm. She spent time with Arthur and watched him easily take control of individuals. I swear, Arthur's power is brain-wash, not the ability to take other's powers. She believed in Arthur's plan, and in Nathan. She was so convinced, that she wasn't going to let Knox get in the way of what they already started.

- Why was Claire giving everyone orders? Someone needed to seriously shut her up.
I agree Claire has been quite annoying this volume. Let's home that changes in 'Fugitives'.

Cheers,

Mech1992

Cheers,

Mech1992

Well, considering the formula gives a specific power that matches the genetic make-up, I believe Peter would only regain his empathy. Even though it wasn't the same circumstance, when Sylar lost his abilities, he only regained one or two, depends what you count as his original ability. If Peter has all of his abilities again, it seems like someone dropped the ball and hoped no one would notice, because that's not what the formula was set to do. Not to mention Arthur pulled all traces of his abilities from Peter. Also, Peter was in a somewhat close range of Nathan, so he could've gained his flight ability right there. I do believe his scar was still there after that flight, which means his healing ability is no longer there.

Last edited:
Yeah, i just assumed Peter regained his core ability and instantly absorbed flight again.

THAT is not healthy at all. Deprieving your Brain of Oxygen is never, ever a good idea.
Really???:dry: I turned out alright???I know it is dangerous but hell we were kids. I was just explaining the situation surrounding a scenario.

It still doesn't hide the fact that HRG should have done something other than sit there and wait to die. Tear up your clothes and tie her wrists to the damn table and then headlock her. Hell, he had a gun...he could have hit her over the head to knock her out. Try something other than wait to kill her or yourself:o It just wasn't HRG at all...he is smarter than that. He should have handled the situation way before he did and way before Claire showed up.

Last edited:
And once again for those that cannot seem to understand this:

Peter took the formula and regained his ability to absorb other people's powers. Nathan was in the room and so he was able to fly because he absorbed his power. That isn't that hard to understand:o

It just wasn't HRG at all...he is smarter than that.

Yeah, if it was season one HRG... he would have had that heat glass idea before Sylar finished his little rant and was just waiting until Sylar left to break out.

Really???:dry: I turned out alright???I know it is dangerous but hell we were kids. I was just explaining the situation surrounding a scenario.

It still doesn't hide the fact that HRG should have done something other than sit there and wait to die. Tear up your clothes and tie her wrists to the damn table and then headlock her. Hell, he had a gun...he could have hit her over the head to knock her out. Try something other than wait to kill her or yourself:o It just wasn't HRG at all...he is smarter than that. He should have handled the situation way before he did and way before Claire showed up.

Eh, you're right and you're wrong.

Noah should have gotten the **** out of dodge and let Claire drag her mom out into a puddle to cool her off. It's not like Claire was in imminent danger... she's already regenerated from Ted's nuke-off, for instance.

Sloppy writing.

Considering Claire attempting to control the situation, came back to hurt her later on. I didn't have much of an issue with her attempting to take charge.

Pretty decent Ep. Nathan's character has always bothered me since the first season. It's been quite awhile since I've watched season 1 but if I remember correctly he was actually cool w/ blowing up New York until he realized that it was actually Peter who was the bomb. He's been shown to be a bi-polar psycho so it didn't surprise me that he completely turned on Peter.

Ando being the Ultimate Hype man really suites him. I'm just wondering when they're going to change his abilities to something else, because you know they're still going to set up a Hiro vs Ando showdown.

I lol'd when the Marine got his neck snapped. They spent so much time setting him up last week just to kill him off. ???

Ando can use the powers he has now to defeat future Hiro.

Amp up anyones power to a certain level and that could break them.

In fact, that whole future glimpse could have just been misleading and Ando is amping up Hiros powers to make him more powerful for a certain task.

Also, does anyone think Ando can give abilities? His lightning is the same color as the formula.

If your definition of interesting is "lame".

Why does their have to be so many ways for people to get powers? Eclipse's, a formula, and you want Ando to give people powers? I rather his try hard metrosexual ass get killed off.

lol @ claire shooting the phone with the shotgun... cheesiest scene ever.

The best thing about this episode was Sylar.

What happened to the Hatian going after Sylar?

Certainly groan-inducing. Didn't work for me either.

thought claire was pretty awful & cheesy in this episode altogether. I wasn't a fan of her this whole season, think her whole maturing and coming of age happened in season 1/2 but her quest to be a hero (at 17/18?) is a bit meh, I don't dislike the character but i think her dying would be cool, especially if it brings out HRG's season 1 ruthless side.

thought it was a great ep, i had hoped Peter got his powers back in a less hypocritical way but ah well, hope Peter gives Nathan a good kickin' in Vol. 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"