Chapter 47 - "Duality" - Discussion Thread 12/15/2008

So, Hiro just needs to find a syringe filled with the formual and use it to get his powers back?
Bad idea ripping that paper up, Carp!

I dont know about you guys but the writers are always making Sylar god-like powerful and I hate that! No one in the Heroes Universe can defeat or hang with the Almighty Sylar.

Peter...they make him too stupid.

Hiro....too scared to acutally do something.

Arthur...writers didn't even give him a chance because he was too "powerful" so they kill him off or better yet have Sylar kill him off.

Ted Sprague (sp?)...another character that could of given Sylar a good fight, the writers also have him killed by the hands of the Almighty Sylar.:whatever:

The Vortex dude....oh lets kill him because he too is a threat to Sylar. :whatever:

The Puppet Master...another villian that I thought would of given Sylar a good fight...well turns out "no one can control" Sylar because he is the Almighty god-like Villian :whatever:. Oh yeah, lets have Sylar kill that guy too.

When are we going to see an epic fight in Heroes? After all its a show about super powered people! The only "decent"(if you want to call it) is the one in the future between Claire, Knox and Daphne vs Sylar and Peter. The one that promised to be good was also in the future but we never got to see it, was Peter vs. Sylar.

Please writers, give Sylar a decent competetion and don't be afraid to kick him around every now and then. There are other powers stronger besides Telekenesis!

I dont know about you guys but the writers are always making Sylar god-like powerful and I hate that! No one in the Heroes Universe can defeat or hang with the Almighty Sylar.

Peter...they make him too stupid.

Hiro....too scared to acutally do something.

Arthur...writers didn't even give him a chance because he was too "powerful" so they kill him off or better yet have Sylar kill him off.

Ted Sprague (sp?)...another character that could of given Sylar a good fight, the writers also have him killed by the hands of the Almighty Sylar.:whatever:

The Vortex dude....oh lets kill him because he too is a threat to Sylar. :whatever:

The Puppet Master...another villian that I thought would of given Sylar a good fight...well turns out "no one can control" Sylar because he is the Almighty god-like Villian :whatever:. Oh yeah, lets have Sylar kill that guy too.

When are we going to see an epic fight in Heroes? After all its a show about super powered people! The only "decent"(if you want to call it) is the one in the future between Claire, Knox and Daphne vs Sylar and Peter. The one that promised to be good was also in the future but we never got to see it, was Peter vs. Sylar.

Please writers, give Sylar a decent competetion and don't be afraid to kick him around every now and then. There are other powers stronger besides Telekenesis!

If Peter wasn't such a *****, he would stand a chance.

If Peter wasn't such a *****, he would stand a chance.

Yeah Peter can hang with Sylar but so can all the other ones that I mentioned.

Peter, Arthur, Hiro, the Vortex guy, Ted, and Puppet master all CAN DEFEAT Sylar but the writers make it seem that Sylar is the almighty god-like superhuman that no one can touch because of his telekensis :whatever: So what do the writers do? kill them off or depower them so they can't be a threat to Sylar!

And that is just poor writing or lazyness.

im in no way a sylar fan boy but in his defense on this one they way i saw the interaction with the puppet master is that he is able to manipulate and control motor functions. Sylar has telekinesis. moving your body is not necessary to make this power work. it can be done using just your mind hence the name. it is annoying to see sylar as all powerful all the time yes, and i like the character, but the situation was not completly out of left field.

well now they've got sylar with a piece of glass in the back of his head so he's out of the game for now... they just have to kill him now and be done with it or at least have him forced to join up with peter to take down pinehearst 2.0 or whatever it's gonna be called

im in no way a sylar fan boy but in his defense on this one they way i saw the interaction with the puppet master is that he is able to manipulate and control motor functions. Sylar has telekinesis. moving your body is not necessary to make this power work. it can be done using just your mind hence the name. it is annoying to see sylar as all powerful all the time yes, and i like the character, but the situation was not completly out of left field.

True but it is annoying how he is able to best anyone who comes up against him so easily.They didnt even let Meridith defend herself against him, just stand there while he got the best of her.

i think they'll just wait til they run out of ideas for sylar then they'll have peter or a very pathetic character kill him off on accident.

True but it is annoying how he is able to best anyone who comes up against him so easily.They didnt even let Meridith defend herself against him, just stand there while he got the best of her.
i agree i just feel that this is one of those moments where him overcoming somone's power actual made some sense instead of it just being its sylar and he is "teh awesomez"

STR1 meet Gilpesh, Gilpesh meet STR1 :hehe:

Seriously... it's spooky. :hehe:

Saw his rant in the gripes thread and wondered if Ando exists in a parallel universe and zapped an alternate version of me and he got transported here to this reality and signed up on the Hype to hate on Sylar.

Seriously... it's spooky. :hehe:

Saw his rant in the gripes thread and wondered if Ando exists in a parallel universe and zapped an alternate version of me and he got transported here to this reality and signed up on the Hype to hate on Sylar.
hahaha nice

But I wouldn't go so far as to hate on Sylar season one.. because I knew he was just being built up all season for a huge payoff fight. The problem? Never happened...

And his character has suffered ever since and other characters suffering for Sylar to try and keep him on the show.

i guess im on the few people who was not expecting a huge fight at the end of season one

Eh, it didn't have to be a HUGE fight... but a huge payoff that came by way of a fight... that would resolve the season. So it was mostly the huge payoff that was missing.

Why does everyone call Noah "HRG"?

Horn-rimmed glasses
whytheycanhimhrgwu8.jpg

Horn-rimmed glasses
whytheycanhimhrgwu8.jpg

That and up until the S1 finale, everyone on the show just called him "The Man with the Hornrimmed Glasses" and TMwtHRG doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

Eh, it didn't have to be a HUGE fight... but a huge payoff that came by way of a fight... that would resolve the season. So it was mostly the huge payoff that was missing.

It should have been a clear fight... perhaps not long, perhaps not huge, but something that required some choreography and probably should have exceeded the SFX budget of other episodes.

The altercation we got was not clear on multiple levels. It was, truly, unfinished as far as development was concerned.

It should have been a clear fight... perhaps not long, perhaps not huge, but something that required some choreography and probably should have exceeded the SFX budget of other episodes.

The altercation we got was not clear on multiple levels. It was, truly, unfinished as far as development was concerned.

There will never be an epic or "clear" fight in this show of "super heroes". I have waited...let me rephrase it...WE have waited for a fight and...going on Season 4 and still nothing!

I like the show but I am starting to lose interst in it. I remeber when I used to watch it every Monday, now this past 3 weeks all I did was watch it on the NBC's website because it doesn't amuse me as it did before.

Yeah she could of at least shot or burned Sylar while he was being controlled.

Sylar and Peter are way too powerful (don't they technically have the same power?) My thing is, until he absorbed Elle's power, Sylar couldn't touch her because she'd fry him in a reactionary way, like she did. It was enough to slow him down and knock him out, so she'd escape.
So why wouldn't that apply to other characters with projectile abilities.
The thing I hate the most is that Sylar has accumulated dozens of powers. Yet he only uses one or two regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"