The Mandalorian Chapter Five Spoiler Discussion

Maybe mando got to Mos Eisley on a slow weekday?

How long has it been between New Hope and The Mandalorian? What about even Return of the Jedi and Mandalorian? I just know it's been sometime after that. A lot of stuff could have changed in Tattooine since then and the cantina isn't a popular spot anymore. It happens to many bars and clubs

So because Ming-Na Wen got dusted after about 5 minutes of screentime, criticizing the show for it makes someone a SJW now? Way to jump to conclusions.

I am talking about would be reactions like this. ^

Quality over quantity for me!

The Armorer - A female Mandalorian with an important role, possibly even a leader.

Cara Dune - A badass with an interesting past

Village Woman - Brave and strong mother while also being the only one in her village that can shoot

Ming-Na Wen's character - An intriguing assassin who may not actually be dead

Last edited:

How long has it been between New Hope and The Mandalorian? What about even Return of the Jedi and Mandalorian? I just know it's been sometime after that. A lot of stuff could have changed in Tattooine since then and the cantina isn't a popular spot anymore. It happens to many bars and clubs

There were apparently three years between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, and one year between Empire and Return of the Jedi, and then Mandalorian is five years after Return of the Jedi.

So it's been almost a decade.

Yeah... maybe a Twitter feed by an obvious misogynist, racist troll isn't the best place to get your data.

I found the image, and linked it. Wasn't my first instinct to background check the guy. I was looking for the twitter posts.

But anyway, I'm letting it go now.

Can we break the vicious cycle of triggered SJWs and the guys who are triggered by their triggeredness?

Ugh whatever! I bet there were tweets about the lady in the last episode having interest in Mando when she's a strong single mother and I f'n knew there would be someone with a "no reason the Mandalorian couldn't have been a woman" comment.

Quality over quantity for me!

The Armorer - A female Mandalorian with an important role, possibly even a leader.

Cara Dune - A badass with an interesting past

Village Woman - Brave and strong mother while also being the only one in her village that can shoot

Ming-Na Wen's character - An intriguing assassin who may not actually be dead

Agree, women have been pretty well-represented on this show. And characters like The Armorer and Cara Dune who just happen to be women and are strong battle-ready characters and not any kind of love interest.

Yeah, I don't feel women have really been underrepresented here. And the ones we have met have been strong characters. One thing I thought was cool was when Cara Dune, not Mando, was the one who took out the walker in episode 4 while he covered her. That honestly may have been the first time I've seen that in a movie or TV series; typically, the guy risks his life and the girl covers him in a shootout.

Yeah, I don't feel women have really been underrepresented here. And the ones we have met have been strong characters. One thing I thought was cool was when Cara Dune, not Mando, was the one who took out the walker in episode 4 while he covered her. That honestly may have been the first time I've seen that in a movie or TV series; typically, the guy risks his life and the girl covers him in a shootout.

Mad Max Fury Road, Max tries twice to shoot the Bullet Farmer and misses. Furiosa leans on his shoulder and finally hits him.

Mad Max Fury Road, Max tries twice to shoot the Bullet Farmer and misses. Furiosa leans on his shoulder and finally hits him.

Yeah but that was still a bit different. I'm talking about a woman actually being the one to run headfirst into battle while a guy hangs back and covers her.

So I asked over YouTube what type of ship the first bounty hunter was using, and someone replied that it could be a Z95 headhunter.

Do you see it?

Z-95 Headhunter

Except the Fetts aren't Mandalorian's anymore in canon.

But no one csre's right? I don't.
Well, it’s murky in canon. What Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo have said hasn’t exactly been definitive.

But my post was more in regards to in-universe sentiment. I don’t think Imperials would look at Boba and the Mando and see much distinction.

So I asked over YouTube what type of ship the first bounty hunter was using, and someone replied that it could be a Z95 headhunter.

Do you see it?

Z-95 Headhunter

I thought the same thing too when i first saw it. It's close but not exact. The engine positions seem further out on the wings. It looks familiar though. Kinda reminds me of the fireball from Resistance, but even it's engines aren't as big as the one from The Mandalorian.

Still I feel like I've seen it someplace.

Star-Wars-Resistance-Fireball.jpg

Yeah I thought it felt pretty sparse as well. Kinda weird. But with it being 5 years after ROTJ and Jabba being gone, perhaps a little less in the way of piracy happening? And also less in the way of people trying to stay in the outer rim to avoid Imperial oversite.

Well really enjoyed episode 5. Have seen some complaints that this felt like filler when to me it was just adding flavour to the places and charters we already knew.

1. I mean it was pretty interesting to me to just see how Tatooine has changed in those 10 years since we last visited.
  2. Getting to see the little droids from the pod race in episode 1 again was really fun (however there was one scene with them where it was the first time so far in the series I thought the cgi when kind of janky for a second, not a major complaint just first time I've really noticed anything like that)
  3. Tuskan Raiders having a scene where there not violent was just so refreshing. I mean in every encounter I have seen with this species they have always basically came off as the white trash of the Star Wars universe lol here they were reasonable which was just so unexpected to see.
  4. Gutted we never got more of Ming Na Wen but that's just because I would have loved to see more of her close combat skills.
  5. Did anyone else think the dude who was trying to get in to the guild looked like a cross between Zac Efron and Robert Sheenan lol?
  6. Plus got the little cliffhanger for next week see who that was at the end.

Sometimes I truly hate social media and humans in general
Only sometimes:funny:?

I wouldn't worry anyway sounds like they've moved on to Daisey Ridley today.

Last edited:
Count me in the group that is enjoying every episode, filler or not. This show is entertaining as hell.

For those that think Ep. 8 will be a showdown between Boba and Mando, does Disney+ have the bandwidth to handle such an event?

I know everyone thinks that was Boba at the end, but is there any chance it's Gus Fring? He has to be showing up soon, right?

I know everyone thinks that was Boba at the end, but is there any chance it's Gus Fring? He has to be showing up soon, right?

I say no because since we know he's already in the show, doesn't make sense to keep his intro so hidden. I lean towards a new character.

It's probably not Boba...

But I hope it is.

As others have pointed out, filler episodes are nothing new when it comes to TV shows. Is this quick to call an episode "filler" the next internet buzz criticism?

As others have pointed out, filler episodes are nothing new when it comes to TV shows. Is this quick to call an episode "filler" the next internet buzz criticism?

Filler is nothing new, but it also probably shouldnt be in a show that has 8 episode seasons with episodes that are less than 40 minutes long.

That being said, I wouldnt call this filler. I suspect Ming Na will return so it was good to spend an episode introducing her and showing how Mando and her cross paths.

About the person that finds her at the end, it could be Carl Weather's character.

carl-weathers-the-mandalorian.png

Yeah, I bet it’ll be someone in-show.

The only Boba Fett reveal or someone from the classic trilogy they would save for the last scene in the last episode so we all have to wait another year to see how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"