Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I didn't mind Dean Cain- and I liked him a lot better than Routh. First Superman of Japanese descent. I thought Teri Hatcher an annoying Lois Lane, but otherwise I didn't really object to Lois and Clark - it was the early 90's so there you go.
Being of Japanese descent made it more interesting that he took the role.

Razzie noms:

BvS - 8. Worst sequel/prequel/remake/ripoff, worst screenplay, worst supporting actor (Eisenberg, Irons), worst director, worst actor (Affleck, Cavill), worst picture.

SS - 5. Worst screenplay, worst supporting actor (Leto), worst supporting actress (Robbie), worst actor (Smith), worst picture.

Marvel didn't get any noms.

Those all feel right except for worst supporting actress.

Has Marvel ever been nominated for a razzie?

Smith, Cavill and Affleck are far from worst. Robbie and Irons noms are just baffling.

I missed Will Smith, he doesn't deserve a razzie either. I believe Jeremy Irons was also nominated for Assassins Creed, haven't seen that film so I can't give my opinion there but he was good in BvS.

Cavill most certainly deserves the nomination. If I hadn't seen him in films not directed by Snyder, I'd think he couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Affleck wasn't terrible, but seemed like he was sleepwalking through the whole movie.

Ayer didn't get a nom. Delevigne...

What's the record for most Razzie nominations? Does BvS come close?

How many nominations did Catwoman get?

Seriously, if the first gets repeated, Suicide Squad 2 would and should be nominated for everything.

Wait let me get this straight. Margot Robbie gets nominated but Delevingne (Enchantress) doesn't? That's a real head scratcher...

Damn!
It's all gone :csad:

This is the second time you've side-stepped my question, because you can't answer it. :)
The :up: actually meant I agreed with you on Santos.

I'll say it again: the only time we actually see this take place is because of Luthor.
Right, the assumption then is they've all been by him.

If Lex wasn't involved with each bat-brand murder, why did he have to pay the prisoners to kill Santos? Santos was already shown screaming in terror knowing what awaited him; why must Lex go out of his way to do something that has already been taking place, was already going to happen, and that Clark already knew happened?
It's like expediting the inevitable, just to stay on this elaborate schedule.
It also keeps the narrative based on one this one guy, since he's the one with a name and has a family and whatnot, as a representation of all the other branded criminals. Lex applies a similar tactic with Kahina Ziri (the Africa framing) and Wallace Keefe (Metropolis victim/former Wayne employee).

Whatever your answer is, clearly you realize now how vague the film left this.
On the contrary, you just proved they've gone too specific, therefore messed up a plot-point that worked better when it was kept vague.

He killed several people after his supposed redemption. You haven't refuted anything, sweet'ems. :hrt:
This is what I meant when I can't tell when you're playing dumb, but the emoticons and added verbiage certainly help. :oldrazz:

Read my post again (which doesn't exist anymore)
I refuted that it's not as simplistic as from brutal killing to brutal killing. That's why I can't take people seriously when they want him to "be less brutal" or go cold turkey in the following films, especially without much explanation for why suddenly the "no kill" rule matters.

Last edited:
Wait let me get this straight. Margot Robbie gets nominated but Delevingne (Enchantress) doesn't? That's a real head scratcher...

IKR Robbie and even Irons doesn't deserve to be on this list.

Irons was supposedly bad in Assassins Creed. I agree that based on BVS, he does not deserve to be on the list.

IKR Robbie and even Irons doesn't deserve to be on this list.

You definitely haven't seen Margot Robbie in The Legend of Tarzan.

She's right now the kind of actress that's a "one hit wonder" from Wolf of Wallstreet, which worked because of the director.

Regarding Margot being a "one-hit wonder", I thought she was good in Focus. Her and Will made that silly movie watchable IMO. They did their best with bad material.

Last edited:
You definitely haven't seen Margot Robbie in The Legend of Tarzan.

She's right now the kind of actress that's a "one hit wonder" from Wolf of Wallstreet, which worked because of the director.

I have and she wasn't that bad in the film.

Read my post again (which doesn't exist anymore)
I refuted that it's not as simplistic as from brutal killing to brutal killing. That's why I can't take people seriously when they want him to "be less brutal" or go cold turkey in the following films, especially without much explanation for why suddenly the "no kill" rule matters.

And him brutally killing several more people after he supposedly turned a leaf is why I can't take people seriously when they try to describe this wonderful character journey that Batman had. Capiche?

I have and she wasn't that bad in the film.
I remember her sticking out because she gave an awkward performance.
Coming in second, might be Sam Jackson.
Everyone else from the main cast was perfectly typecasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"