Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ondoxvNCBO1v2lbnko6_540.gif

Love this.

Legitimately thought that was a shot from the new Transformers movie.

The Pelennor Charge from return of the King 14 years ago looked more real. How's that?

Edit: or this for this matter.
tumblr_mwitoj7NCd1qda125o2_250.gif

Or this:
tumblr_mg4e0bdrNn1qdelmgo6_r1_500.gif

Last edited:
So that's the JL trailer they were hyping? I know I'm not the biggest DCEU fan but that was just brutal and overly fake looking. Snyder really needs to learn how to shoot in the real world instead of just on sets with green screen.

Show me a scene like this, that looks REAL.

I think perhaps what he means it's it's somewhat like the Star Wars prequels vs The Force Awakens. There comes a point at which CGI just begins to look cartoonish.

I'm not going to judge an entire film off of a trailer, and I'm sure a lot of the effects aren't even finished yet. I do think the drab colors that are very BvS are probably throwing folks off.

The Pelennor Charge from return of the King 14 years ago looked more real. How's that?

Or this:

I don't see the significant difference.

Or this:

I immediately thought of Lord of the Rings, when the question was asked. I still remember getting chills up my spine in Fellowship during the opening with the battle at Mount Doom.

Or this:
None of it features flying spaceships, superpowers or aliens. Plus, proper analogue would be something like this:

p6uNz.jpg

And yes, it doesn't look more real. You people are trying to hate the film too much. JL trailer has crappy looking CGI shots, but the one above isn't one of them.

Last edited:
None of it features, flying spaceships, superpowers or aliens. Plus, proper analogue would be something like this:

p6uNz.jpg

It feautured Trebuchets, trolls and Nazgul, all of them CGI. The shots that i posted were far more real because the stunt men were shot in A REAL FIELD. That JL scene is so sound stange that i can taste it.

Maybe Snyder should shoot more in real locations...

It feautured Trebuchets, trolls and Nazgul, all of them CGI. The shots that i posted were far more real because the stunt men were shot in A REAL FIELD. That JL scene is so sound stange that i can taste it.

Maybe Snyder should shoot more in real locations...
Trebuchets are real weapons, it's not space-ships or blasters. Trolls and Nazgull look CGI AF.

Are you aware large portion of battles was shot on sound stages as well? Intro battle from Fellowship, for example. And that shot above with Aragorn charging - sound stage too with apparent AF green screen.

Trebuchets are real weapons, it's not space-ships or blasters. Trolls and Nazgull look CGI AF.

Are you aware large portion of battles was shot on sound stages as well? Intro battle from Fellowship, for example. And that shot above with Aragorn charging - sound stage too with apparent AF green screen.

The Nazgul's creatures look better up close in 2003 than Cyborg looks in 2017 and that doesn't flatter Snyder.

I guess I like video game cut scenes. :shrug:

This one is great:
[YT]xt_65k-gv1U[/YT]

The Nazgul's creatures look better up close in 2003 than Cyborg looks in 2017 and that doesn't flatter Snyder.
Cyborg is horrible. But I think it's mostly the design. No CGI experts would make that look good.

And who approves the final design? The FX artists or the director?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"