Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ekZ4pC.jpg

^ LOL brilliant analogy.

You guys (and gals) kill me. I'm going to go to the MCU v DCCU thread and see what they've got there. LOL.

It's funny that as someone who loves the Marvel Cinematic Universe more than Star Wars, talking about the older film franchise entertains me more.

I'd love to see Happy in a boxing match again, his time in Hammer building with Black Widow is funny stuff.

This is the MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE vs DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE thread......STAR WARS has absolutely NOTHING to do with what this thread is for discussing. If you want to discuss STAR WARS then go to the forum made for it and discuss till the cows come home.

That post about Thor Ragnarok having more potential to defeat Justice League in box office and other aspects was included in the cleansing process.
Oh well, we've seen it so many times already, it's time to say something new.....

Captain America is like a mix of some of the best qualities in both Batman & Superman, it shouldn't be weird to see him shine now as well as they did on film in the past.

So...

I think DC has lost me. Like... on a personal level. I honestly blame Wonder Woman. A great first and second act, on the way to being a truly great film and then suddenly... CGI fest where Wonder Woman proved the power of love over war by fighting. It's like... even when the stars are aligned, the board at WB is going to mess things up. It feels hopeless.

Maybe Whedon can restore some faith, but... man.

I also blame MCU for doing such a great consistent job with their films. I would love a Superman with the gravitas and morality of a Captain America, or a Batman whose trailer would excite me even as much as the Black Panther trailer.

Bad time to mention how the execs almost axed the No Man's Land scene?

Yes, any DC film at WB is going to have an uphill battle.

Yeah, WW completely lost me in it's third act. Twas pretty bad.

Kind of surprised a lot of people are glossing over it. Or aren't bothered by it.

Like, everyone complained about the third act in The Wolverine and how much it hurt the movie, I found it about twice as bad in WW.

Last edited:
Same here. WW may be the most overrated movie of the year so far.

WW is a movie where the acting and directing elevates an subpar script.

I'm assuming that PAtti Jenkins was desperate for work and did the best she could, hoping that she would be able to have additional clout and do a better job.

Though as bad the screenplay was, it did not damage the mythology as far as I can tell. It's not like MoS or BvS. If they want to make a good sequel, they can.

There is people that do that?

(shudder)

WW is a movie where the acting and directing elevates an subpar script.

I'm assuming that PAtti Jenkins was desperate for work and did the best she could, hoping that she would be able to have additional clout and do a better job.

Though as bad the screenplay was, it did not damage the mythology as far as I can tell. It's not like MoS or BvS. If they want to make a good sequel, they can.
I think the script is subpar, but with a lot of good to great moments.

I feel like the third act is a big problem, but also one that could be easily rectified. Which is probably why it annoys me so much.

Which is why the insistence on giving Snyder credit (don't forget Zack!!!!) by certain people is funny to me.

Honestly I don't see much of it, but that's partly because this thread is the SHH thread I spend the most time on. There's not a lot of Snyder love in here.

I'm going to guess it's because they associate with Snyder, they project their identity onto him and are defensive of Snyder after all of the abuse he and his fans have faced in the past several years, deserved and undeserved. They are therefore driven to holding on to any possible defense they can, because the only other alternative is the unparalleled and horrifying atrocity of admitting that they might have been mistaken.

I think the script is subpar, but with a lot of good to great moments.

I feel like the third act is a big problem, but also one that could be easily rectified. Which is probably why it annoys me so much.

How would one easily rectify it?

Now now let's not underestimate the script, it's the first DCEU movie with a simple linear narrative and that's a HUGE reason why the movie works well. It has a good pacing and the main characters are well written, the script deserves almost as much credit as Patty Jenkins. That being said both are to blame for the awful third act, it's the script's fault that the movie ended on a huge dumb battle but it's Patty Jenkins' fault that its execution was equally awful.

How would one easily rectify it?
- Set the battle in a more interesting location, in the day time.
Might even somehow move it to a mystical realm, maybe even Paradise Island.

- Film more shots of the dialogue actually being spoken. The finale is ADR hell to me.

- Do not have the sun break shot at the end.

- Write Ares some better, more convincing dialogue that makes his attempts at temptation more genuine.

- Find another way to kill Steve. Its not only too similar to Cap, its just too blah in general.

I'm not crazy about the third act but because I was emotionally invested in the story and characters by that point the CGI bonanza didn't really bother me. It was nice to see someone as powerful as Wonder Woman go all out.

If The Batman ends in big flashy computer explosions, though, we'll have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"