Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else read the meltdown on the Justice League Watchtower facebook page?

KxHhZK9.jpg

uPzCtCG.jpg

R7VhRl7.jpg

Last edited:
That person is clearly mentally unstable.

uPzCtCG.jpg

A brilliant touch here.

We live in a world where people draw their entire security and identity for membership in a group, and so loyalty is valued above all, and any critique, no matter how valid, is an attack on one's personal identity, and any attack on the opposition is personal validation. It's sad because the people who fuel this kind discourse are making money hand over fist and poor kids like JLW, if not JLW themselves, end up all twisted up in pushing for someone else making money.

EDIT: Also misogyny is no joke. It is unbelievable how little some guys regard the humanity of women.

Dear lord.

Starting a countdown to a crazy DCEU extremist trying to make out that this is all a conspiracy by Disney and Marvel to doom JL.

He won't be happy until:

The JL comes out and is praised by everyone, fans, critics, etc.
Everyone goes back and rewatches BvS the Ultimate Cut and all the reviews on IMDB, RT are taken down and positive ones are put up.
BVS will have a 9.0 rating with 100% RT score.
Everyone will now know that MOS, BvS and JL are now THE Trilogy far surpassing TDKT and the Star Wars.
And for some reason, Marvel closes their doors.

I'm not sure if Faraci was actually good for Marvel.

He was a good writer, certainly a prolific writer, and he was constantly shilling for writer. I liked him and his insights, but for every Marvel movie he would write article upon article extolling the tremendous depths, and dismissing all criticisms of MCU films as being from morons. I remember, after he was gone, another blogger sarcastically wrote that we would no longer have Faraci "excruciatingly unpacking the barest of minutia in each Marvel film" or something like that.

I'm not sure if Faraci was actually good for Marvel.

He was a good writer, certainly a prolific writer, and he was constantly shilling for writer. I liked him and his insights, but for every Marvel movie he would write article upon article extolling the tremendous depths, and dismissing all criticisms of MCU films as being from morons. I remember, after he was gone, another blogger sarcastically wrote that we would no longer have Faraci "excruciatingly unpacking the barest of minutia in each Marvel film" or something like that.

I liked some of his articles,particularly the ones about Avengers 2 which echoed many of my sentiments towards that movie,but yeah sometimes he tried a bit too hard.

Is that the same guy who was threatening to leak The Last Jedi a few days back?

I was going to make some sort of comment on how many sad people there are out there with their tiny echo chambers to fill with their negativity but holy **** that page has 160 thousand members. That echo chamber is anything but small and it's sad that there are enough crazy DCEU fans to fuel something like this.

Real talk: can someone please find me an example of a crazy MCU fan page full of things comparable to this? I'm beyond positive one is out there but out of all the groups I'm in, I haven't seen anything that can hold a candle to this.

Last edited:
I was going to make some sort of comment on how many sad people there are out there with their tiny echo chambers to fill with their negativity but holy **** that page has 160 thousand members. That echo chamber is anything but small and it's sad that there are enough crazy DCEU fans to fuel something like this.

To be fair, I think a lot of those people have joined the page purely thinking it's just a harmless fan-site and don't really pay attention to it.

But saying that, the posts do tend to get well over 100+ likes so yeah, there are more than a few of these nutjobs around.

True, obviously all 160 thousand members aren't like this but scrolling through this timeline paints a pretty clear picture as to what this page has become. It might not have started out this way but.... yikes.

Last edited:

Real talk: can someone please find me an example of a crazy MCU fan page full of things comparable to this? I'm beyond positive one is out there but out of all the groups I'm in, I haven't seen anything that can hold a candle to this.

It's harder to have a persecution complex without being persecuted, so given that context Faraci's articles and comments sections were very much like what you're looking for. If you made the most minor critique of the MCU films you were pilloried. The comments sections at io9.com were also that way a while back when I posted so I stopped posting and reading there. It was an anti-Snyder cult.

I do remember that one female journalist got a lot of abuse a few years ago for giving a rotten rating to an MCU films.

Fandom is intrinsically stupid, and comic book movie fandom is its own flavor of stupid. It is bad to take one's consumption too seriously, these are capitalist consumers products, everyone should chill, and those who do not are nuts.

Let's not play the "Your Fandom is Crazier Than My Fandom" game. Every fandom has its nutjobs, period.

Many of us here would consider ourselves passionate fans, we've got the blu-rays, the t-shirts, the toys, etc, all in support of the characters we like. But I'm willing to bet the vast majority of us don't hang our entire identity on the characters we love. We have other interests outside of this that bring joy to us. This **** above as well as other posts on social media over the last few years is truly sad. It's become a ridiculous war to them. I get that it sucks when the thing you love the most isn't loved by everyone else, but at the end of the day we're talking fictitious characters, neither they nor the company that owns them care if you're fighting an online war for them. In fact no-one else cares because it's a f**king movie whose existence isn't going to impact the lives of the vast majority of people on the planet.

It's harder to have a persecution complex without being persecuted, so given that context Faraci's articles and comments sections were very much like what you're looking for. If you made the most minor critique of the MCU films you were pilloried. The comments sections at io9.com were also that way a while back when I posted so I stopped posting and reading there. It was an anti-Snyder cult.

I do remember that one female journalist got a lot of abuse a few years ago for giving a rotten rating to an MCU films.

Fandom is intrinsically stupid, and comic book movie fandom is its own flavor of stupid. It is bad to take one's consumption too seriously, these are capitalist consumers products, everyone should chill, and those who do not are nuts.

Sony fanboys vs Microsoft fanboys is hilarious too.

Let's not play the "Your Fandom is Crazier Than My Fandom" game. Every fandom has its nutjobs, period.
FC is exactly right. The amount of crazies The Force Awakens brought out for Star Wars was like a jolt to my system. And not in the "I like these movies more because" sort of way.

Many of us here would consider ourselves passionate fans, we've got the blu-rays, the t-shirts, the toys, etc, all in support of the characters we like. But I'm willing to bet the vast majority of us don't hang our entire identity on the characters we love. We have other interests outside of this that bring joy to us. This **** above as well as other posts on social media over the last few years is truly sad. It's become a ridiculous war to them. I get that it sucks when the thing you love the most isn't loved by everyone else, but at the end of the day we're talking fictitious characters, neither they nor the company that owns them care if you're fighting an online war for them. In fact no-one else cares because it's a f**king movie whose existence isn't going to impact the lives of the vast majority of people on the planet.
Weird things happen to certain people when you "infringe" on their entertainment. And it can get scary.

I guess there's less reason to be defensive as a fan of the MCU.

I will always remember the death threats over the Avengers reviews. That was just... I mean really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"