Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated the Ultimate Cut more than the theatrical release.

I hated the Ultimate Cut more than the theatrical release.

Why? I haven't seen it yet. Also how many minutes of extra footage does it add would you say?

Why? I haven't seen it yet. Also how many minutes of extra footage does it add would you say?
30 minutes. It's a lot. Some of it worthwhile, some of it not.

The added footage that is supposed to add to the story cohesion and value is pretty much fluff that I see no purpose of other than being a waste of time.
The rest of the added footage is a waste of time, with no attempt of adding any value to the story.

30 minutes. It's a lot. Some of it worthwhile, some of it not.
Wow, had no idea it was that much.
The added footage that is supposed to add to the story cohesion and value is pretty much fluff that I see no purpose of other than being a waste of time.
The rest of the added footage is a waste of time, with no attempt of adding any value to the story.
Ok thanks. Will see for myself soon.

I liked it, but damn, the extended cut was just over three hours... my ass was feeling pretty sore, even with the occasional break to get up and stretch...

That's pretty much watching the World's Finest animated movie 3 times in a row.

The UC is like polishing a turd. So Snyder needed 3 freaking hours to tell his story and that's what him Goyer and Terrio came up with?

Got in too late to properly quote your question Rorschach, but I have seen the UC. Unfortunately I do not think it improves the movie. But I will say that the one addition I truly enjoyed was Clark calling his mother and having a conversation with her. I don't remember the actual content of this scene but I remember being surprised as it genuinely felt like a nice, truly human moment in a movie that is so cold and detached.

It reminded me of my favorite moment in MoS, where Clarks mom helped him cope with his powers at school. I don't need jokes, I don't need fun, but give me some tender character moments like that so I know why I should care for these people.

I liked that phone call scene, too. It's probably my favorite scene from either cut of the film.

Got in too late to properly quote your question Rorschach,
This one below?

i hated the theatrical cut of BVS as much as you did, but have you seen the Ultimate Cut? i saw it this past weekend and my god i completely changed my mind on the movie and the DCEU

I'm totally on board as long as Warners stops chopping these movies to bits

But I will say that the one addition I truly enjoyed was Clark calling his mother and having a conversation with her. I don't remember the actual content of this scene but I remember being surprised as it genuinely felt like a nice, truly human moment in a movie that is so cold and detached.
"Hi mom, wanted to say hi.
Why didn't dad go out of Kansas?"
*Gibberish I don't remember*

My main reason for liking BVS UC is the fact that Clark actually becomes a character and Lex's plot actually makes sense.

I love the UC. One of my favorite comic book movies of all time. I really was able to feel the mythical epic aspect that has carried over from MOS. I'm not really religious but I love the Jesus parallels. Hopefully that continues and we also get a Satan/Darkseid parallel

Whoa, jumping from 'despise' to 'adore' is a huge turn, and done pretty fast in this case.

180 degrees is quite the turn. I'd understand from a F to D or a D to C but from hated to favorite? :huh:

Yeah the Ultimate cut didn't really change my opinion at all. There was minor improvements on some things but not enough to sway my opinion very much. What a tragedy that film is.

The UC is like polishing a turd. So Snyder needed 3 freaking hours to tell his story and that's what him Goyer and Terrio came up with?

Except it did not polish it all, to me. It turned it into a bigger turd, instead.

And I'm liking BvS less and less, and falling in love with Marvel more and more.

I'm shocked Boose. I know you started off liking BVS ( at least I think I remember you did) but hated SS. I could see how the studio handling of SS could make someone question the overall ability of the studio but I am shocked none the less. Sorry man that sucks. However, as a DC fan, I have had to admit that Marvels cinematic universe has won me over as well.

Last edited:
Yep, SS broke me down, I suppose. I loved plenty of stuff in BvS, I still do, and it was easy to ignore it's problems, because I had no expectations and just wanted some entertainment. Also, I still believe significant portion of criticism, that the movie got, is unfair. But in light of wasted potential of SS, wasted potential of BvS became much more apparent. The movie entered "guilty pleasure" territory for me. Overall management of DCEU freaks me out, but I remain hopeful for future movies.

Pre-Avengers MCU left me unimpressed or indifferent to the whole affair. Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy felt like they're using the same formula over and over again. Ant-man was OK. I didn't like either Thor movies. I even ignored The Winter Soldier, because I expected more of the same (all Marvel flicks get praise, but I personally don't think all of them deserve it). But then I watched it this year for the first time and Civil War, of course, is quite a movie too. I rediscovered Guardians of the Galaxy. Now they got Brie Larson as Captain Marvel and they're taking their time with it. Russo brothers are handling the biggest event in CBM history and they proved twice they're smart and precise filmmakers, and they're absolutely right for the job. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer description sounds super-exciting. Doctor Strange is interesting. Great cast and new territory for MCU...

Last edited:
Except it did not polish it all, to me. It turned it into a bigger turd, instead.

:funny:

And I'm liking BvS less and less, and falling in love with Marvel more and more.

lRlTqgt.gif

:yuk:

Last edited:
The UC was an improvement in my eyes. One of the main reasons I disliked the TC was because of the nonsensical editing and that's mostly fixed in the UC.

I think, UC was an improvement too. Main reason - Clark's point of view. But not everything of those 30 minutes was needed. 10 minutes can be cut out easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"