Comic Art you HATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
Yeah, I steal ideas from other forums now. I searched for bad art but these words are too short, so.. if there's an existing thread on the same subject, delete this one. For a start, an obvious choice: a Liefeld

resizeofbadrockcoveruw4.jpg

I have a bunch of awful Batman art--which I should be posting this week.. anyway, feel free to contribute and discuss (criticize, actually :woot:)

Last edited:
Liefeld is too easy.

Forgot to establish the rules: no fan art :nono:

m136_00.jpg

xf1.jpg

Last edited:
^ classic (nightmare stuff, also)

I'd say that Larry Stroman is one of the worst artists I'd ever encountered. Even worse than Liefield:

9zx379.jpg

I recently flipped through the Countdown: Arena collection and thought the art looked very poorly done. Each page looked like it took a grand total of 30 seconds. I cant remember the artist, but it really blew.

I recently flipped through the Countdown: Arena collection and thought the art looked very poorly done. Each page looked like it took a grand total of 30 seconds. I cant remember the artist, but it really blew.

Scott McDaniel..?

I'd post a bunch of Todd McFarlane stuff.. but I think tinypic would ban my IP :woot:

I know it's too obvious to use Liefeld, but I think this is worth pointing out.

As you can see, Cable's left eye is the yellow one.
x-forcev2.jpg

But in this picture, Cable's yellow eye has magically moved to the right.
CableDeadpool-thumb.jpg

I actually rather like this. There aren't any flaws in his technique that I can see, and his style fits The Joker perfectly.

Yeah, that's what I'm not understanding. that's a pretty good pic. Maybe he just don't like the style or something, but as far as the style goes, it's actually rather top notch.

I know it's too obvious to use Liefeld, but I think this is worth pointing out.

As you can see, Cable's left eye is the yellow one.
x-forcev2.jpg

But in this picture, Cable's yellow eye has magically moved to the right.
CableDeadpool-thumb.jpg

I can remember back in the day when everyone I knew in art school was going ga-ga over Liefield's art in the early 90s except me. I remember getting blasted for saying that this guy sucked.

Now years later, those same praisers don't know how this guy got work at all... :woot:

32bd1240.jpg

Spidey's body is so disproportionate(sp?) it makes me hurt

Last edited:
Some examples of Todd McFarlane's "art"..

68093900.jpg

c7479e97.jpg

d7f3f69e.jpg

6bf7b405.jpg

6291b904.jpg

Last edited:
More comic book atrocities..

57fb46a1.jpg

b4856e6d.jpg

88422a24.jpg

cf97970d.jpg

5712bed8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't :o I remember reading a story with Ghost Rider* and it was a w f u l.. terrible art

*he was in the comic book, not reading it next to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back