Comic Art you HATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
Yeah, I steal ideas from other forums now. I searched for bad art but these words are too short, so.. if there's an existing thread on the same subject, delete this one. For a start, an obvious choice: a Liefeld

resizeofbadrockcoveruw4.jpg

I have a bunch of awful Batman art--which I should be posting this week.. anyway, feel free to contribute and discuss (criticize, actually :woot:)

Last edited:
Liefeld is too easy.

Forgot to establish the rules: no fan art :nono:

m136_00.jpg

xf1.jpg

Last edited:
^ classic (nightmare stuff, also)

I'd say that Larry Stroman is one of the worst artists I'd ever encountered. Even worse than Liefield:

9zx379.jpg

I recently flipped through the Countdown: Arena collection and thought the art looked very poorly done. Each page looked like it took a grand total of 30 seconds. I cant remember the artist, but it really blew.

I recently flipped through the Countdown: Arena collection and thought the art looked very poorly done. Each page looked like it took a grand total of 30 seconds. I cant remember the artist, but it really blew.

Scott McDaniel..?

I'd post a bunch of Todd McFarlane stuff.. but I think tinypic would ban my IP :woot:

I know it's too obvious to use Liefeld, but I think this is worth pointing out.

As you can see, Cable's left eye is the yellow one.
x-forcev2.jpg

But in this picture, Cable's yellow eye has magically moved to the right.
CableDeadpool-thumb.jpg

I actually rather like this. There aren't any flaws in his technique that I can see, and his style fits The Joker perfectly.

Yeah, that's what I'm not understanding. that's a pretty good pic. Maybe he just don't like the style or something, but as far as the style goes, it's actually rather top notch.

I know it's too obvious to use Liefeld, but I think this is worth pointing out.

As you can see, Cable's left eye is the yellow one.
x-forcev2.jpg

But in this picture, Cable's yellow eye has magically moved to the right.
CableDeadpool-thumb.jpg

I can remember back in the day when everyone I knew in art school was going ga-ga over Liefield's art in the early 90s except me. I remember getting blasted for saying that this guy sucked.

Now years later, those same praisers don't know how this guy got work at all... :woot:

32bd1240.jpg

Spidey's body is so disproportionate(sp?) it makes me hurt

Last edited:
Some examples of Todd McFarlane's "art"..

68093900.jpg

c7479e97.jpg

d7f3f69e.jpg

6bf7b405.jpg

6291b904.jpg

Last edited:
More comic book atrocities..

57fb46a1.jpg

b4856e6d.jpg

88422a24.jpg

cf97970d.jpg

5712bed8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't :o I remember reading a story with Ghost Rider* and it was a w f u l.. terrible art

*he was in the comic book, not reading it next to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"