Community - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah I thought I heard a laugh track.

I know it's doing good, but I wish they'd cmove New Normal and put Community after Go On so I can have my 3 current favorite comedies, Raising Hope, Go On, and Community in one night. :woot:

That would be good. That way I could watch Happy Endings and then Community

you have GOT to be kidding me'

Another controversy is rocking Community. Multiple sources confirm to TVLine that Chevy Chase dropped the N-word on the set of the NBC comedy Friday afternoon in the presence of his African-American co-stars Yvette Nicole Brown and Donald Glover. According to an insider, the acting vet was struggling with his character’s dialogue and, in a moment of frustration, uttered the racial epithet. The slur was not directed at Brown and Glover specifically, maintains another source close to the production, who adds that Chase has grown increasingly unhappy with the dark direction of his character, the bigoted Pierce Hawthorne. But it nonetheless caused enough of a stir to briefly interrupt production. Chase eventually summoned the cast and crew together to issue a formal apology. An NBC spokesperson and reps for Chase declined to comment. Emails to Sony, which produces Community, were not returned. This is the second Community-related controversy that Chase has found himself at the center of. At the end of last season, he was embroiled in a rather public showdown with series creator Dan Harmon, prompting many to wonder if Chase’s days at Greendale were numbered. Ultimately, it was Harmon who was ousted (but allegedly not due to his feud with Chase). Coincidentally, the incident took place on the same day NBC originally planned to premiere the show’s fourth season. Earlier this month, the network announced that it was delaying the show’s return for scheduling reasons.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/10/20/commun...d/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

Is he even worth going to this much trouble for anymore? Is anyone honestly watching Community for Chevy? Because I think not...

Yeah I like his character but in small doses, much like Changs character

One of the comments on TVLine was that it's like he's TRYING to get fired.

Time to grant his wish. :o

cant help but think of this

Honestly, it sounds like the press is trying to make chevy look like a racist, which works because people at this point are looking for reasons to bash chase, even with his behavior.

Chase used the word contextually, and hates how his character is being portrayed, and I don't blame him. Something has been off with the character of Pierce ever since season 2. While I don't like that he used the N word, I can't exactly blame him for having issues with his character's bigotry, especially since he marched in civil rights movements.

I agree with Batman, they make it seem like Chase called someone the n word.

As Batman also said he used it contextually

I can't believe Deadline has actually referred to it as a "racial tirade" in one of their headlines.

My thing is less with this incident and more with the fact that he clearly doesn't want to be there, he's **** on the show publicly, he barely respects his peers... enough is enough. If he wants out, let him go.

Yea, **** Chase. What an incredible *****e. Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid to get this bent out of shape about it especially if it was said contextually but he's still such a ****ing tool. I don't care what anybody says but Chase is what's wrong with this show. Sure, Harmon never really helped the situation but it's just ridiculous.

I don't see what the big problem is. It seems like he didn't like his line and was just improving and it just came out.

That new T&A clip is ten times funnier than anything on tv right now. Why do we not get to watch this show, god? WHY????!!!!

Once again....I love Chevy as a comedian but really they should have just killed off Pierce and kept Harmon. He is nothing but bad news for this show.

If he seems to hate being on the show, why not just ask to leave? He doesn't want to be there, he hates the writing, and he has little respect for his peers. Is it worth the paycheck when you dread going into work and could probably find another supporting role on another TV show or DTV movie?

I think Chevy needs to chill. Just relax bro :)

First reaction: "Well, it's about frakkin' time!"

Second reaction: "FEBRUARY?!"

But is it further away than NEVER? :o

Glad they took all this time to figure out a place to put it... Who would have thought of Thursdays at 8!? They totally needed these extra 4 months for that!

February? Damn, but at least it's returning, with the news about Up All Night I was afraid NBC was planning to do the same for this, hey you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"