Superman Returns Connections between Alan Moore's "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" and SR

I liked the idea as well, I think the problem is they confused some of the general public with the vague history. I wasn't a fan of some of the editing, I think Dougherty and Harris's script as it was would have been more complete Superman story. I know that happens with most all movies though.

hopefully we will hear some conformation of a dvd release of the friends and family cut

I think there is a better chance of seeing the NK scene and what not in the sequel or an IMAX release.

I think there is a better chance of seeing the NK scene and what not in the sequel or an IMAX release.

I need the full cut to be released, otherwise this movie was a dissapointment in my eyes as well as many others. Plus, you can always use scenes for the sequal, plus you get the added revenue of fans buying the full cut

Hate to bump a dead thread. But i was reading Identity Crisis yesterday (Loved every bit of it) and I saw a newpaper article.

"Why the World needs Superman" by Lois Lane. Right before they intrview Slipknot in his jail cell for anyone else who has it.

Pretty cool. I'll check it out.

Hate to bump a dead thread. But i was reading Identity Crisis yesterday (Loved every bit of it) and I saw a newpaper article.

"Why the World needs Superman" by Lois Lane. Right before they intrview Slipknot in his jail cell for anyone else who has it.

Is IC worth a read then DL? And is Superman the main character?

Oh, it's 100% most definitley worth a read. No, Green Arrow and the Elongated Man are the main characters, however Superman has a pretty prominent role.

Oh, it's 100% most definitley worth a read. No, Green Arrow and the Elongated Man are the main characters, however Superman has a pretty prominent role.

Oh right, just trying to read Superman centric stories for the moment as i've just started reading them, so i might give this one a miss. I have read The Greatest Stories Ever Told Vol.2, Our Worlds At War and Sacrifice so far for my Superman comic book birth, just bought Kingdom Come yesterday as well.

I know this is an old thread but i got my hands on DC UNIVERSE: THE STORIES OF ALAN MOORE which has this story. Loved it and the twist at the end is sweet.:woot: Interesting power Lois and Superman's kid has - he can change objects into diamonds?

I agree that SR feels like the necessary end to a trilogy, that opens a new chapter for Supes.

As for Moore liking the movie, I'm sure he noticed the similarities to his story, but he's never too fond of any of his works turned into movies anyway, so I hope someone gets to ask him in the future.

Anyone here seen "Superman Redeemed" ??? It's a fan edit which mixed Superman 3, and 4 into one very good Superman movie that really feels like what part 3 should have been like.

If you guys haven't seen it Google "Superman Redeemed" the very first torrent you find is the movie. :cwink:

The people who did it have made a few other's but this one was just perfectly cut together! It goes so well with part 1, and 2, and really brought a smile to my face when I saw it.

The WB should hire the people who edited this movie to edit their movies because they know what they are doing!

Anyone here seen "Superman Redeemed" ???

*raises hand* :yay:

It's a fan edit which mixed Superman 3, and 4 into one very good Superman movie that really feels like what part 3 should have been like.

The people who did it have made a few other's but this one was just perfectly cut together! It goes so well with part 1, and 2, and really brought a smile to my face when I saw it.

The WB should hire the people who edited this movie to edit their movies because they know what they are doing!

I haven't seen, but it's a given that when you mix up one piece of crap next to another piece of crap that's even worse and glue them together, only thing you can get is a good movie.

If you guys haven't seen it Google "Superman Redeemed" the very first torrent you find is the movie. :cwink:

That google thing just works for the first image of 'worse failure ever'.

I know this is an old thread but i got my hands on DC UNIVERSE: THE STORIES OF ALAN MOORE which has this story. Loved it and the twist at the end is sweet.:woot: Interesting power Lois and Superman's kid has - he can change objects into diamonds?

No, he's so strong he can crush coal into diamonds, just like dad. Check out superman III for a scene of this at the end of the movie.

I'll have to check that GN out, but i can never find it in my store, have to order it from Amazon or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"