Halloween Jack - Everybody agrees T-Bird's outclassed here
Prodigy - For obvious reasons

Jack Of Hearts
Deathlok
Gladiator II
Halloween Jack
Prodigy

Jack of Hearts
Marrow (If she wasn't my character I'd probably be convinced by the Deathlok debate - Even if I get no votes on this one, I had a good time trying to find a way for her to win)
Gladiator II
Halloween Jack (Great debates guys :up:)
Pierce

Prodigy
Deathlok
Jack of Hearts
Thunderbird III
Gladiator

Results So Far:

Jack Of Hearts currently beating Hank Pym 11-0
Deathlok currently beating Marrow 10-1
Gladiator II currently beating Topher 9-2
Halloween Jack currently beating Thunderbird III 8-3
Donald Pierce currently beating Prodigy-Slingers 6-5

Jack of Hearts

Marrow

Gladiator II

Halloween Jack

Prodigy!

Donald Pierce
Halloween Jack
Deathlok
Jack of Hearts
Topher

Jack of Hearts (I wonder if anyone but yourself will get this character beaten off)
Deathlok
Halloween Jack (another good debate JH, you almost had me convinced)
Gladiator II
Donald Pierce (close call)

POWdER-man said:
Jack of Hearts (I wonder if anyone but yourself will get this character beaten off)

I refuse to beat off my characters!!!

ehem....anyway, MAN it's good to see you, buddy. You're missed, that's for sure.

Final Results:

Jack Of Hearts beat Hank Pym 15-1
Deathlok currently beating Marrow 14-2
Gladiator II currently beating Topher 12-4
Halloween Jack currently beating Thunderbird III 12-4
Donald Pierce currently beating Prodigy-Slingers 9-7

Ok, Topher would have totally had my vote except for one reason: Location. Being in Transia, the residents would have many superstitious beliefs, including vampires. All Gladiator II would have to do is hang out in a house until sunrise. You could bet that almost every house would have a religious symbol, garlic, and the like. Plus, while Topher might be able to gain entrance in a house without being invited, under a Marvel Vampires link, it states they do have an aversion to entering a house they haven't been invited in.

It had to happen. Well done Iceman/Psylocke. If I ever meet Pierce in battle again though, his ass is going down.

Phaedrus45 said:
Ok, Topher would have totally had my vote except for one reason: Location. Being in Transia, the residents would have many superstitious beliefs, including vampires. All Gladiator II would have to do is hang out in a house until sunrise. You could bet that almost every house would have a religious symbol, garlic, and the like. Plus, while Topher might be able to gain entrance in a house without being invited, under a Marvel Vampires link, it states they do have an aversion to entering a house they haven't been invited in.
I thought I was going to lose Gladiator II to a whitewash as I'm not sure that my debate was too convincing. Great argument above :up:

Harlekin said:
It had to happen. Well done Iceman/Psylocke. If I ever meet Pierce in battle again though, his ass is going down.
Thanks. :yay:

These matches that go to second rounds can become quite epic (& tiring :csad:). I did enjoy this particular battle though. :up:

I can't believe you've got yet another tie this week after having 6 matches in one week. I'm almost feeling sorry for you. :woot:

CoM.jpg

BRACKET 1,

Match 7:

Thunderbird - Exiles (WIEGEABO) bio

vs.

Radioactive Man (HIPPY FASCIST) bio

Match 8:

Aurora - Weapon X (POWDERMAN) bio

vs.

Adam Warlock (WIEGEABO) bio

BRACKET 2,

Match 7:

Stacey X (JEWISHHOBBIT) bio

vs.

Molly Hayes (ZOKEN) bio

Match 8:

Sunfire - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio

vs.

Grim Reaper (TRIGGER) bio

Project: Pegasus was originally intended to research alternative (and unusual) forms of energy, but has also been used as a prison for super-powered individuals. The location of this facility is described as being in the Adirondack Mountains in New York state.
The facility is remembered best in comics for "The Project Pegasus Saga" printed in Marvel Two-in-One #53-#58 (later collected as a trade paperback of the same title with art by John Byrne and George Pérez). However, its recurring use as a prison for supervillians of the Marvel Universe has led to a number of comics stories in the following decades, significant among them an emergence of the Serpent Crown. Several Marvel characters have served terms working security at the facility, including The Thing, Quasar and Spider-Woman. At one time it also served as a temporary home for the Squadron Supreme when they were exiled from their own universe.

For our version, we will be using the facility that was designed to be used as a prison for super-powered individuals. The prison will not be occupied by anyone except the combantants. Combatants cannot leave the prison.

Molly Hayes Vs. Stacy X

Tween Vs. Ho

Interesting fight. Molly is more than likely immune to Stacy's powers due to age, gender, and the nature of her own powers. She is too young for hormones to be pumping wildly through her system, so if not immune then at least a fair amount of protection. Also, Molly's female which, again if not immune, then a fair amount of protection. Molly's own powers have been suggested to be psionic in nature, which would mean they'd protect her mind while using them. also, Molly is strong enough to chuck a Godzilla-sized monster off, I don' doubt she could take care of Stacy-X. Plus, whatever you want to say about Molly, she's smart. she'd be smart enough to see through whatever pheremone illusions Stacy-X tried to throw up.

as for prep-time: It was already shown that the Pride had a database on known meta-humans. since Stacy was living and working with the X-Men before the Pride's downfall it is probably that she's in there, also, Molly can ask Leapfrog (Since it is shown that they are friends) what to do about the pheremones, if she doesn't already know. Molly would probably march into the fight with rags up her nose rendering her immune to Stacy-X's Pheremones.

Now Stacy-X may be a great hand to hand fighter, but we've seen Molly get smashed with an enchanted shovel and not even flinch or move. Let me repeat that: She was smashed with an enchanted shovel and didn't even bat an eye. You think Stacy-X's fist or feet are going to do much to her.

Anonymity is also on Molly's side. No one has any idea about the Runaways powers except for: the Runaways, Excelsior, and possibly the Avengers. Stacy-X doesn't have access to any of those databases. she won't know to make it a long battle. plus, Molly is deceptively cute and adorable. and I mean that literally, Deceptive. Molly is clever and cunning. she will have Stacy trying to go for a quick and painless knock out because Molly's all scared, her only power is glowing... BAM! Stacy-X is plastered to the wall.

Radioactive Man Vs Thunderbird

OK, this particular contest will be a hell of a match to watch but I feel pretty confident Radioactive man can take it.

John Proudfoot is very strong and very tough, that's it...Radioactive man has the power to radically enhance his own strength. It has never been fully stated how powerful radioactive man can get at full capacity but we are talking hyperion levels of strength(he's previously gone toe to toe with namor!), in short, stronger than Thunderbird. Thunderbird is very "durable" but radioactive man can generate a forcefield around his body strong enough to repel Mjolnir. This fight may go on for some time but radioactive man can outlast Thunderbird any day of the week.

If anyone is doubting the presence of sufficient radiation in this loction, think again. be Get a geiger counter and take it round your home, you'll be terrified. Ambient radiation can be found almost anywhere. Alternatively I could simply argue that he has sat in a nuclear reactor for his entire prep-time absorbing more and more power as superman can do with the sun.

He can also emit concentrated blasts of radiation. John proudfoot has thick skin meaning he can absorb many physical blows but radiation doesn't work that way. His invulnerability would be rendered moot by this particular attack.

As a final point, while he is very strong Thunderbird died in a explosion on a plane. Radioactive man is a walking A-Bomb that would have simply been made stronger. They aren't even in the same class.

WINNER: RADIOACTIVE MAN!

Phaedrus45 said:
Match 8:

Sunfire - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio

vs.

Grim Reaper (TRIGGER) bio

Ok this is pre-Crystal PLace so Sunfire wouldn't have the wealth of knowledge but still she's fought the undead before and people with more powers. His shapeshifting won't be a problem since she knows who she's facing. His teleporation could get him close enough to try and suck energy but she would just burn him up. Her main goal here would try to be keeping distance and nailintg him with fire, whihc always effects zombies. Overall this could pose difficulty but I think Sunfire could take it. O and he wouldn't be allowed to call his minions, as stated in the rules.

Stacy Vs Molly

Okay, so this is an akward match to debate, being that my character gets of on getting people off... and she's facing a young girl. I find it difficult to believe that Molly would know of Stacy, as she wasn't on the X-Men long enough to become known to the world. On the same side of the coin, I'd find it hard to believe that Stacy would know Molly, though I'd say there's a better chance, as most seem to know of the 'kids in San Fransisco.' But for the sake of argument, I'll say neither know of one another. The location also isn't going to help anyone much either.

That said, let's remind everyone of who Stacy is. She's a prostitute whose... well, gross. She's selfish, she'll do anything to win a fight, she's a professed bi-sexual. She LOVES sex! Okay, so here's the idea... at least the first one that I hate, but I can see happening. She will go into the fight slowly. She will look about, get impatient, and finally just call out for Molly... if Molly doesn't call out first. I can see both getting impatient. They'll eventually meet up and talk some 'smack.' Now remember that Stacy is extremely agile and quick. She'd talk until Molly goes in for the punch. She'll dodge the punch, as she's quicker than Molly, and she'll touch the girl on the arm, or back of the neck, or something innocent. Molly will be overwhelmed with the 'emotions' that she goes through and wavers until she's down. Perhaps that will be enough, or perhaps Stacy would place a punch to the wobbly girl to take her down. Either way, Molly's inexperience and brashful youth will drop her.

Winner - Stacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"