Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 Special Event: "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 5" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Please tell me that it wasn't a Captain Marvek moment where Kara defeated the Anti-Initor all on her own while everyone else was useless.
Atom's the one who saved the day. Kara was about to sacrifice herself to save her cousin as a nod to what happened in the comic), and then Ray swooped in at the last minute with the device he came up with, shrunk Superman so that he could escape the Anti-Monitor's grasp, and gave the device to Kara to hurl at the (giant) Anti-Monitor.

Yep. Supes at the table:

ac782a9e30693d482b310c603c9e0447c2f74355.jpg

Thanks again for the info. It's so weird seeing him in that position. A few years ago, no one thought that we would even see him as a regular in the Arrowverse, let alone a member of any group. Frankly, I am surprised that he even made the cut since I am sure there are a other homegrown CW heroes that the studio would have preferred putting in that role.

I am guessing the Kara and Kate are the co-leaders for this group like Superman and Barman are in some interpretations?

Thanks again for the info. It's so weird seeing him in that position. A few years ago, no one thought that we would even see him as a regular in the Arrowverse, let alone a member of any group. Frankly, I am surprised that he even made the cut since I am sure there are a other homegrown CW heroes that the studio would have preferred putting in that role.

I am guessing the Kara and Kate are the co-leaders for this group like Superman and Barman are in some interpretations?
No problem. They honestly made it seem like a table of equals. Barry was the one who provided the facilities, though (as we knew he inherited it after the Invasion crossover), so he's the one who unveiled the table for them, but no one was acting like the "head of the table," so to speak. Kate had a "newbie bonding moment" with Black Lightning, so I doubt she'll be acting like the leader of the group anytime soon.

I'm thinking the two boys are likely Jon Kent and Damian Wayne. If it is Damian, then I have to wonder why he's put in Superman and Lois instead of Batwoman.

Why would they have Lois/Clark raise Damien as their son?

I'm glad it was Supergirl who threw the device to shrink the Anti-Monitor and it was appropriate for it to be her because she was the one most affected by it than anyone else.
All the prominent main characters involved lost an earth.

Hopefully they use all of this to skip Iris being pregnant and them having kids already, though I know they'll want to play with Iris having powers again.

Well the Supergirl promo alleviated my concerns about Lena, at least. But now I'm worried they're giving THAT show the President Lex storyline, lol.

Please tell me that it wasn't a Captain Marvek moment where Kara defeated the Anti-Initor all on her own while everyone else was useless.

And it's so freaking weird and stupid that Tyler's Superman and Lex didn't interact with each other. You wouldn't even know that they had history with each other if you used this crossover as reference.

And I guess the Reverse Flash didn't show up either. He was used for the wrong crisis.

Not exactly as Atom was up there with Supergirl when she did that.

Here is a list of those who appeared in all 5 parts of the crossover:
Superman
Supergirl
Lois Lane
Flash
Batwoman
White Canary

Well the Supergirl promo alleviated my concerns about Lena, at least. But now I'm worried they're giving THAT show the President Lex storyline, lol.

Watching the Supergirl promo....does every single character really have to know what went down? Lex still died in this new world? What?

I thought it was weird that Barry and Kara were happy that they were all on the same Earth because that would mean the multiverse was gone and trillions of people dead. So that was bothering me (and the champagne scene) that really bad stuff happened and the show acted like it didn't. But then they showed us the multiverse was back. But did they know that when they were smiling and relieved?

Also, even if the multiverse is back, literally the billions of people from their 3 worlds are dead, so still, really bad. I would have they would acknowledge that.

Also no explanation as to why those were the specific 3 Earths that were combined other than "CW."

All in all, it was okay, some fun moments, but too CW-ish. Having only the CW characters involved in the end removed the multiverse angle for me. That ONLY the CW heroes would be paragons and all that, felt like I could feel the god in the machine, so to speak.

Oh, and this time, they LITERALLY made Superman small, haha.

I did like Barry's smile when Superman said, "Good idea, Barry" to his Hall of Justice idea. Barry's reaction to that was sweet. Don't know if that was a script thing or Grant Gustin (as he is a known big Superman fan).

After this season, I think I'll be cutting out all the CW shows (Arrow will be over, I don't think I'm interested enough in Flash anymore, Routh is leaving Legends, no interest in the new shows), though I'll sort of begrudgingly give the Superman and Lois show a try hoping that I like it. But they have some work to do to make Superman seem relevant in this show as they have done just the opposite the past few years.

Also, Ryan Choi fighting the anti-demons, haha. Like a 5 year old fighting imaginary bad guys. He was so out of place in that scene. Heeya, chop, kick, punch at the air... made them a lot less threatening.

Ollie was the first superhero? What about Superman? Or Black Lightning?

Of course Barry and Kara were happy they're on the same Earth. Now expect them to team-up very often, along with Superman.

Well its definitely a new era in the DC TVerse and with Ezra Miller showing up, opens the door for DC/WB Film actors to appear.

Well its definitely a new era in the DC TVerse and with Ezra Miller showing up, opens the door for DC/WB Film actors to appear.

They are probably EXPENSIVE, MG did have to shell out 5k of his own money for one of the guest apperances, which I bet was Ezras.

Ezra and Tom Welling in Batwoman were probably most expensive. they are also probably the most buzzed about.

I'm biased . This crossover has basically covered my lifetime from a child the 80s watching DC TV and films through The Reeve/Keaton era , to an adult watching the the Amell/ Gustin " Dawn of Heroes"// DCEU era .

I felt the whole thing was beautiful tto me, and its a crossover i'm gonna revisit for years to come.

Well done.

No problem. They honestly made it seem like a table of equals. Barry was the one who provided the facilities, though (as we knew he inherited it after the Invasion crossover), so he's the one who unveiled the table for them, but no one was acting like the "head of the table," so to speak. Kate had a "newbie bonding moment" with Black Lightning, so I doubt she'll be acting like the leader of the group anytime soon.
Kate literally admitted she was the new kid last year, I really doubt she's in any co-leader position. If anything, it felt like Barry, Kara, and Sarah are the Trinity stand-ins in that scene.

I do wonder if that Arrow seat is gonna be forever vacant lol. Maybe Mia will take it at next year's crossover when GAatC is airing.

Having seen both the final battle scenes from Part 4 and Part 5 (courtesy of Youtube), I can honestly say that Arrow's version definitely looked better on screen.

For future references, they should really avoid filming big battle sequences (that's supposed to involve high stakes) in public areas if they don't have the budget to make it look good.

The fight sequence at the "Dawn of Time" was definitely filmed better and had a more grandiose feel to it. If you had MM in his actual costume (with this Martian face on), along with Superman and Black Lightning there as well then it would have been near perfect.

Where is that pic from? That's the first time I've seen Welling and Routh ever pictured together. Was surprised when they were both at their peak in 2006/2007 with Smallville and Superman Returns that no-one ever snapped them together at an awards show or similar. Big guys, they make Hoechlin look tiny and he's 6ft.

Where is that pic from? That's the first time I've seen Welling and Routh ever pictured together. Was surprised when they were both at their peak in 2006/2007 with Smallville and Superman Returns that no-one ever snapped them together at an awards show or similar. Big guys, they make Hoechlin look tiny and he's 6ft.

At some Comic Con this year.

*I mean, in 2019. :O

Last edited:
I loved this, very very satisfied.

It reminded me of Elseworlds when the Paragons woke up and were like WTF.

So I guess Lex will be back in the latest season of Supergirl.

I think it took a bit too long to get to the final battle but when we did it really delivered for me. I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the anti monitor.

When’s Ray shrunk Superman and we saw him tiny flailing his arms I was in hysterics.

Also we’re getting 2 Supersons? Holy F.

This was my favourite moment:

8BE8A944-0AF4-4E77-A49E-8CA39686F4EC.jpeg

I really hope we haven’t seen the last of him and it was damn cool to see the suit with that \S/ restored. I wonder if this means on his Earth Lois is back alive etc.

I have three complaints though:

1. I thinking we really needed some extra moments & acenes throughout. For instance Superman just shows up for the big fight. We should have had a scene prior imo but that’s not a nitpick.
2. Where the F was Reverse Flash? He said he’d seen Flash in Crisis. Although what if he meant another Crisis.
3. Where was the scene with the 3 Supermen Berlanti? Use your words properly next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"