Season 5 Special Event: "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 5" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by LL2K2, Dec 23, 2019.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

60.0%
  3. 8

40.0%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. heatvision38 Man of Steel

Because they needed to find a way to introduce the character for future CW stories. Nothing more complex than that, unfortunately.

2. heatvision38 Man of Steel

Yup, I noticed that too. On Earth 38, Superman had been Superman for at least 15 years (since before Kara showed up on Earth). BL was also a hero before his kids were born (or when they were very young). So they would have been known heroes before Arrow. But the CW's gotta CW and put things in there without thinking of whether it contradicts other things.

Erik20, Milk Tray Guy and vantheman77 like this.
  3. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

4. heatvision38 Man of Steel

Took me a moment to realize this was the in-verse selfie Ray took rather than just the 3 in between takes. I was like, what's with Grant and Melissa's facial expressions?

That's really cool to see this angle.

C. Lee and Milk Tray Guy like this.
  5. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Yes, plenty of people had been calling this the CW's Infinity War/Endgame as it got closer and that does seem to be pretty much what they were going for.

6. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Yes as Superman, Black Lightning, and Martian Manhunter would be the veterans of this new Earth. Superman would be the first Superhero overall.

Dark Raven likes this.
  7. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yes, Superman AND Black Lightning should both predate Oliver as a hero (Martian Manhunter was around, but not publicly until near the end of Supergirl's first season). This is just the latest example of Marc Guggenheim either not caring about or completely disregarding canon or characters established in shows that weren't his own. Nothing new there.

Fingers crossed now that his baby (Arrow) is done, and his other show (LoT) has declared itself apart from these crossovers, that his involvement in the rest of the Arrowverse will be kept to a minimum from here on out.

8. herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed. Plus, it didn't make any sense on how Killer Frost and Mick didn't recognize Black Lightning at Star Labs seeing as how his activities should have made him a well known public hero.

Not to mention that if Earth 38's history had really merged into the others, then Black Lightning shouldn't have been surprised in hearing that the world constantly faces large scale threats.

9. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I honestly think he included that bit just because he wanted Arrow permanently acknowledged (in an in-story way) for kicking off the whole Arrowverse in the first place, but as that is HIS show, it feels a little tacky and self-congratulatory to me.

10. Brierrose Registered

How about thinking of Earth-Prime as a whole different Earth and not merged Earths. All the old Earths including Earth-1 were destroyed and a whole new different multiverse was formed. Basically Earth-Prime can't be Earth-38 and Black Lightning's Earth merged with Earth-1 because Earth-1 was destroyed too. There are no doppelgangers from the destroyed Earths that needed to be merged, the characters we see in part five are Earth-Prime versions. We don't know the history of Earth-Prime, I suspect the audience is going to find out more about the new Earth-Prime along with the heroes.

#135 Brierrose, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Dark Raven likes this.
  11. Erik20 Registered

I think Doom Patrol is separate from Titans. (Even though they were introduced there) They replaced a major character on the show with a different actor, then later on Titans did a flashback scene with the old previous actor again... I guess you could say the show has a different version of Doom Patrol.

It seems they changed their mind about the shows being in the same universe when they were shooting Doom Patrol. And to be honest, I'm glad it's separate. I don't want Titans anywhere near Doom Patrol...

12. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Out of the Justice League/ All-Star Squadron, I can see Flash, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, and Batwoman to be there at the most. The reason I picked them is because Superman and Black Lightning have families and White Canary is leading the Legends of Tomorrow.

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Why did they pick those 7 heroes to form the Justice League? I can maybe understand for 6 of them as they're from different locations in America, but why Martian Manhunter? I can see that Flash is in Central City, Supergirl in National City, Superman in Metropolis, Black Lightning in Freeland, Batwoman in Gotham City and Sarah Lance off in space and time. But Martian Manhunter is also in National City. Why do they need two representatives from there? Shouldn't they have had a living member from Star City?

Also in the final battle, where was Elongated Man, Black Canary, Vibe, Mia and Connor?

It's not just Killer Frost not recognising Black Lightning because he was a well-known hero. I can understand Mick potentially not recognising him, but Caitlyn met him in the Flash episode when he first was brought to Earth 1.

14. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

This new version of the Justice League/ All-Star Squadron has 6 out of 7 members who are leads in their shows. Superman will have one in the upcoming Superman and Lois TV show. Martian Manhunter would likely be the anchor as he's among the founders, along with Superman and Flash.

15. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Brandon Routh and son from when they were filming Crisis -