The Force Awakens Daisy Ridley as Rey

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the new rumors are true, and there is a real possibility they are, Rey/Kira or whatever her real name is, is going to be the main character. Especially if[BLACKOUT] Kylo ends up being her brother and they are Solo/Skywalers[/BLACKOUT].

This film seems to be about a lost and lonely young girl, who must come to terms with who she is and what she chooses to do with that info.

If the final scene of the film is her returning the lightsaber to Luke, becoming his student, yeah there is no doubt. That puts the trilogy squarely in her hands.

She's set up to be the functional equivalent of these past key characters as far as we can tell given the way information is pointing.

rLD5x7v.png

You had me until you posted the picture of Ahsoka. :barf:

Well that is a part of when George went on his female protagonist kick. Which also extended to Strange Magic and I believe his intentions for the ST.

If the new rumors are true, and there is a real possibility they are, Rey/Kira or whatever her real name is, is going to be the main character. Especially if[BLACKOUT] Kylo ends up being her brother and they are Solo/Skywalers[/BLACKOUT].

This film seems to be about a lost and lonely young girl, who must come to terms with who she is and what she chooses to do with that info.

If the final scene of the film is her returning the lightsaber to Luke, becoming his student, yeah there is no doubt. That puts the trilogy squarely in her hands.

as it should be. :o

Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) on the Meet The Movie Press (25:54) show today said he's the one that created the fake/imposter @daisyridley twitter account back on April 29, 2014. I remember he tweeted a while back to ask Twitter/Lucasfilm what happened to it. It was taken away from him.

I never understood imposter accounts for celebrities... I mean, don't they think someone is going to figure it out eventually?

I mean I can understand doing movie characters like Yoda https://twitter.com/yoda

But doing fake accounts for living celebrities is dumb. It also adds to confusion for fans of those celebrities.

ok about the name-- "Rey"-- is that spelling accurate?

because in Japanese Manga/ Cartoons theres a character named "Rei", more popularly known as Sailor Mars, so if theres a question whether its a girl's name, apparently it is and its been used for a long time.

also given the spelling of "Leia", "Rei" isnt so a far removed from her mother's name (if she is the daughter). i agree that it could still be a nickname/ or part of several given names, or a disambiguation of whatever her real name/ status is.

Why would Rey not be the correct spelling, when the only way it has been released is in print? It is most definitely Rey. :funny:

Queally has a near-monopoly on A-list female talent — she reps reigning Oscar actress winners Cate Blanchett and Lupita Nyong'o as well as Jessica Chastain, Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard and Penelope Cruz, and she just signed Star Wars star Daisy Ridley.

The Hollywood Reporter's 2014 Women in Entertainment Power 100 - #64 Hylda Queally (December 4, 2014)

"Founded in 1975, CAA is one of Hollywood's top talent agencies."

You’ll know her soon enough

Star Wars: Episode VII star Daisy Ridley has signed with 42West. The British actress was a virtual newcomer when she landed one of Hollywood’s most coveted projects, in which she’ll be playing the female lead named Rey, who may or may not be Han and Leia’s daughter.

The Hollywood Reporter - Rep Sheet Roundup: 'Last Man on Earth' Actress Kristen Schaal Signs With PMK•BNC (March 30, 2015)

"42West is one of the leading full-service public-relations firms in the entertainment industry."

Last edited:
The Rey merchandise post.

Book: Star Wars: The Force Awakens: New Female Character Replica Journal (placeholder title)

http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/datenbank/literatur/female-character-replica-journal-9780794435691/ (fan site)

Book: Star Wars Episode VII Character Novel (placeholder title)
COLLECTABLE FORMAT: This novel will have the same look and feels as the three character-driven novels from the Journey to Episode VII program. Those Han, Luke, and Leia novels will be perfectly complimented by this book, which introduces the three new heroes from Episode VII.

http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/datenbank/literatur/the-force-awakens-character-novel-9781484728222/ (fan site)
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?group=related&sku=9781484728222 (access now restricted)

Lego: 75099 Star Wars 1 / Star Wars Wolf 1 / Lead Hero Craft / Rey's Speeder
26,99 Euro / £19.99 / $19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD
193 pieces

http://www.promobricks.de/exklusiv-lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-set-details (fan site)
http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=7384 (fan site)
http://www.hothbricks.com/2015/06/sets-lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-la-liste-definitive/ (fan site)

Toy: unfinished Hasbro product image
"As far as I observe from the above photo that my source claimed was leak from the factory in China, these figurine molds are not final (see the rough and unfinished status on the rolling ball droid as example)

So the final approved molds might be quite different and not to mention to the final products. Let's treat this photo as a blur glimpse before what you and me might possibly get in the near future. However, it's always wonderful to see leak photos that add to our anticipation of Hope and Joy. To the fans from the world, Merry Christmas!"

Link: you'll have to look the image up yourself

As of the time of this original post, the names "Rey" (or any combination of) and "Finn" (or any combination name) have not been trademarked by Lucasfilm/Disney. Poe Dameron, Kylo Ren, BB-8, and Captain Phasma have been trademarked since December. The titles The Force Awakens and Star Wars Rogue One have also been trademarked.

Merchandise: Children's tables and chairs

Children's table and chair merchandise images were found on the JNH Europe website on May 1, 2015 highlighting Rey (she also appears in purple on the chairs.) Search them up as the pages linking to them were removed thereafter.

Last edited:
I'm glad they're keeping the upkept hair for the males.

The Force is strong in my family.

My father has it.

I have it.

My sister has it.

You have that power to.

tumblr_nmwxaieNMz1rvwsfxo1_500.gif

tumblr_nmwxaieNMz1rvwsfxo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nmwxaieNMz1rvwsfxo3_r1_500.gif

I love her "desert look." It's cool, yet also practical for living on a desert world.

so, the prop say's Kira's car.......but her name is totally Rey.........:o

it's just......odd, though.

if they wanted to keep her real name a secret until the film comes out, why even put that prop with that label out for display?

with all the attention to detail, you'd think someone would have flagged that and changed the card to "Rey's car" or something.

now, it kind of feels like the cat is out of the bag. meow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"