Civil War Daniel Bruhl Joins the Cast as Baron Zemo!

I'd say it's pretty safe to say he will play a german character (maybe Zemo). But if that is not the case... who else can he be?

Excellent! Daniel Bruhl is a great actor, I loved him in Rush, he's a top notch get for the cast of this film. I'd definitely love for him to be Baron Zemo, surely the best Captain America villain yet to appear in the films. Though if the rumours of him being Baron Mordo turn out to be true I wouldn't object either. I'm sure he'll excel in whatever role he's given.

Probably Zemo. I'm sure he's gonna be in the movie.

Last edited:
great actor, awesome in Goodbye Lenin, Rush and Inglorious Basterds, probably Zemo

He was my pick for a Marvel Studios Dr Doom.

Great actor. Looking forward to seeing him in Cap 3

It'll be interesting to see how they balance all of this stuff. Cap vs. IM, potentially Zemo doing his thing, Crossbones (probably) returning, following up on Bucky's storyline, potentially more with BW, Falcon, and Sharon, and even perhaps adding Hawkeye into the mix, etc. That's a lot of balls to juggle in one movie. Lets see how they do.

Yeah there's a lot going on in this movie still I am really excited to see how it will end up maybe zemo will cause some sort of incident (ie Stamford Connecticut)with the help of crossbones and cap needs to find bucky b/c he knows where zemo is hiding and add Tony hunting Steve for opposing registration act

It's easier to juggle when you have characters connected in someway. If he IS Zemo, then Crossbones will likely be working for him and Zemo could also somehow be manipulating the events of Civil War.

Perhaps he even wants to use Bucky somehow?

^^ Already exists and was presumably in the WW2 era according to Agents of SHIELD

They mentioned his brainwashing method, but didn't specify when it was developed. Did they?

Please be Zemo...please be Zemo..please be Zemo. :p

Has it been confirmed if Crossbones will be in this movie? I'd be upset if the addition of the Civil War storyline knocked out all the great story threads that were started in TWS. I feel like WS, Crossbones, and Falcon will get less screentime now that its not just a Cap movie.

They mentioned his brainwashing method, but didn't specify when it was developed. Did they?
You are correct. A brainwashing process was described with his name attached, but when it was developed was not specified.

If he is going to feature in Doctor Strange then I'd say Mephisto. But he'll make a great Zemo or Red Skull.

Mephisto actually hasn't had a whole lot of dealings with Doctor Strange. He tends to battle Thor, Ghost Rider, and Silver Surfer.

If Bruhl were a Doctor Strange villain, it would likely be Baron Mordo, Dormammu or Nightmare.

Frederick Zoller as Zemo? Please let it be so.

This makes me even more excited for the film. I'm really hoping he is Zemo as I've wanted the character to be introduced and Bruhl would knock it out of the park.

I love the choice. A fantastic actor who fits the bill.

4122924-1809470783-12450.jpg

Ugh!

Dammit Marvel, quit casting actors I love, who I felt should've been nominated for Oscars for playing brilliant, surly race car drivers against Thor!

;)

He's the absolute greatest choice for Zemo, one I think is both perfect and would've never have expected.

Someone posted this on Twitter.
mLLfQII.png

The Younger Zemo is definitely a strong likelihood; but with the story being definitively about Civil War, I'd say that Red Skull himself is a far likelier candidate. We know Hugo Weaving had no interest in reprising the role, but this *is* Cap's archnemesis; he *is* notorious for remaining Cap's nemesis in the modern era; he *is* the reason Crossbones earned his nickname, and why Crossbones even exists in Marvel Comics; and he *is* key to the events of Civil War/Fallen Son, posing as Aleksander Lukin, and ordering the hit on Captain America.

Zemo's cool and all, but he's probably being reserved as a foil for Peggy Carter on TV, not Steve Rogers. Red Skull just plugs into the Civil War equation in a lot more of an obvious parameter.

Getting bruhl is such a win for marvel. If he is playing zemo I could easily see him tearing up steves photos with relish. He's such a great actor

The Younger Zemo is definitely a strong likelihood; but with the story being definitively about Civil War, I'd say that Red Skull himself is a far likelier candidate. We know Hugo Weaving had no interest in reprising the role, but this *is* Cap's archnemesis; he *is* notorious for remaining Cap's nemesis in the modern era; he *is* the reason Crossbones earned his nickname, and why Crossbones even exists in Marvel Comics; and he *is* key to the events of Civil War/Fallen Son, posing as Aleksander Lukin, and ordering the hit on Captain America.

Zemo's cool and all, but he's probably being reserved as a foil for Peggy Carter on TV, not Steve Rogers. Red Skull just plugs into the Civil War equation in a lot more of an obvious parameter.

Red Skull was the first person who came to mind for me when he was cast. We know Weaving doesn't want to come back, Bruhl is a great actor who is German I believe, he would be a great RS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"