Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are your kids? Personally I'm hoping this will be the most adult-friendly Marvel property yet, and truth be told I think that's what we're going to get. But I hope your children are also able to enjoy it when it does come out.

Haha, well, I just have one...on the way. It's more of a future conundrum. I like my stuff adult as well but when I think of how much I love this MCU, as a completist, I'd want to show them ALL of it as soon as I can and get them caught up as I'm sure the continuity will still be going. In the end, it's not a big deal. I just want a good show. Whatever tone that may be.

It's amazing to think that they've already got the MCU future loosely mapped out so far that by the time we meet up with how far off they are projecting his to go you're as yet unborn child will be a teenager by that time.

I think Luke Evans would be better suited for playing a regal presence like Namor. He doesn't seem quite suited to Punisher.

Evans as Namor is genius casting.

They don't have the MCU mapped out for the next 13 years do they?

Feige said a year ago or so that they were loosely mapped through to 2028.

Feige said a year ago or so that they were loosely mapped through to 2028.

And it could easily be that even then isn't the end of it(i.e. reboot time). That's just as far ahead as they are thinking now but maybe they'll always try to be thinking a dozen years ahead and so that mark will move as time goes by. They'll keep going as long as people keep wanting to see their stuff.

Scott Glenn as Stick is really the biggest thing in the show to me. I'm curious to see how they explore that. Is Stick still going to be his trainer and mentor? Is he watching over him in Hell's Kitchen?

Definitely looks like Stick will be blind as well. Really hope they take full advantage of an acting powerhouse like Glenn.

I'm personally most excited about Bob Gunton's Leland Owsley. He plays the perfect scumbag. He was perfect as the Warden in Shawshank Redemption.

I'm personally most excited about Bob Gunton's Leland Owsley. He plays the perfect scumbag. He was perfect as the Warden in Shawshank Redemption.

Such a bastard. Shawshank is what I always think of whenever I see him.

Or they could read the comic, which would probably do that too ;)

ETA: On the debate, I'm still skeptical of it being TV-MA. The comments suggested are that it'll be toned down compared both to Steven DeKnight's usual work and Netflix's usual programming. I do think it'll be violent, but I think you can get violence on TV-14. I don't expect the language or nudity usually associated with TV-MA.

Obviously, but I think a lot of people who will watch the show don't read comics at all. They may read some after seeing it, but imo, it's like people liking CBM movies without being CB fans: there aren't a lot of them who will become avid CB readers.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. When I watched it on my tv in Netflix, I could see her perfectly.
Yeah, it looks a lot brighter on Netflix. I hadn't even noticed the red piping on his initial outfit (with the black jeans or whatever) until watching the Netflix version.

I love the scene where Matt is in the hall and he turns and coming down the hall appears to be Wilson Fisk.

daredevil33.jpg

daredevil34.jpg

Makes me think this might be their first encounter.

Surfer

This was my favorite moment in the trailer. I'd bet that you're right and it's their first encounter. I hope it's an incredibly powerful heartbeat that get's Matt's attention, just the physical presence of Fisk makes him take immediate notice of the man.

Such a bastard. Shawshank is what I always think of whenever I see him.

I remember him from that and as the police chief in Demolition Man and as Dean Dr. hardass in Patch Adams. But Shawshank was his best role so far, clearly. And I say that as someone who doesn't fall over himself in love with that movie like most seem to(though I still do very much like it).

So I was just on the Daredevil netflix page and saw that they have the show listed as TV-MA. That should make alot of people happy.

You gotta feel a little bad for Drew Goddard. He was show runner on Daredevil, but left to do Sinister Six. Definitely a bad decision.

^Terrible decision, which seemed obvious the moment he made it, but whatever. It was his chance to do a real studio blockbuster, and those Sony e-mails revealed they were basically grooming him to take over the Spider-Man franchise, so I guess I can't really blame him. But hey, if that doesn't work out now, maybe he can come back to be the showrunner on Iron Fist. :D

Yeah I get why he did it. But at the same time, it should've been obvious Sony didn't know what they were doing.

Could someone please remind me as to the timeline of when it was announced that Marvel was letting Goddard go pursue SINISTER SIX in relation to DeKnight's hiring and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2's release date and subsequent failure and date of Goddard emails from leak? Sorry, probably a lot of legwork there but I'd be interested in seeing a timeline.

Could someone please remind me as to the timeline of when it was announced that Marvel was letting Goddard go pursue SINISTER SIX in relation to DeKnight's hiring and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2's release date and subsequent failure and date of Goddard emails from leak? Sorry, probably a lot of legwork there but I'd be interested in seeing a timeline.

Nov 12, 2014

http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/netflixs-daredevil-series-finds-its-writer.html

Dec 13, 2014

http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/sony-to-spider-man-franchise.html

April 8, 2014

http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/spider-man-sinister-six-movie-gets-director.html

May 27, 2015

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/drew-goddard-leaves-daredevil-netflix-series.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"