The Dark Knight Dark Knight Tie-Ins

BatmanAnimeDVD.jpg

If that's what its going to be then I'm cool with it, but that seems really fake especially since it was just anounced (not even officially) and we have a long time before this gets even close to coming out.

If this is for real than i'll have to say; I SORT-OF KIND-OF IN A SUBTLE WAY MENTIONED THAT IS MAY BE THE ROUTE THAT THEY MIGHT POSSIBLY TAKE. Although the date next to the signature on the drawing says 07/01. So does that mean January 2007? or July of 2001? And the art does seem a little familiar.

:whatever: Ok. Enough with the *****in. I for one am sick of the Timmverse animation. It was good for what it was. Now I want something new. I want to see Batman with a big ass flowing black cape jumping through the air and gliding all stylized like. **** like Afro Samurai animation ****s on Timmverse animation ALL DAY, especially in action sequences. I would think you all would be ****ting yourselves seeing as how action in anime is not even close to being rivaled. I don't buy this gimmick b.s. Maybe someone just looked at something like Ghost in the Shell and compared it to Ultimate Avengers and thought that the difference in quality in both animation and action was astounding. Jesus Christ, how about we wait until the damn thing comes out first.

If this is for real than i'll have to say; I SORT-OF KIND-OF IN A SUBTLE WAY MENTIONED THAT IS MAY BE THE ROUTE THAT THEY MIGHT POSSIBLY TAKE. Although the date next to the signature on the drawing says 07/01. So does that mean January 2007? or July of 2001? And the art does seem a little familiar.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm thinking its a fake.

I pretty much agree with Saint on this one... I was an Anime freak 10 years ago, when it hadn't taken over everything yet, but the spread was beginning. I used to go to cons and everything.

I'm LOOOOOONG over that. Anime is boring to me now, it's everywhere, as Saint says, saturating the market, and regular cartoons are hard to come by anymore.

Also, I *hate* DTVs.

I'll tell you why: SW Clone Wars, which was a GREAT series - had all the good character moments between Anakin and Obi-Wan. All the stuff that was missing from the prequels. Now, I enjoyed Episode III but when I saw it I had just watched Episodes I, II, and both volumes of Clone Wars. It added a lot to the movie.

HOWEVER - when I go to see a movie I should not have to depend on a cartoon to give me backstory to characters or bring me up-to-speed on "the story so far."

So a part of me wants to say that I won't buy this thing.

But, I am a complete Batman ****e so I may.

However, I'm seriously considering waiting to watch it *after* I've seen TDK.

We'll see if I manage that or not. ;)

Its a fake. With top marketing "professionals" misspelling teens for the intended audience.

Targeted Audience:
Core fans and tween boys.

What's a tween boy?

for the love of

it stands for a development stage between a "child" and a teenager

I'm quite sorry to hear that quite alot of you have lost their love or never had any to begin with for anime. I for one am still a major anime fan, i do agree that for every great anime show out there right now theres alot of crap (and yes their are still great anime) this batman anime though seems to have me foaming at the mouth, esp if its in the style of the animatrix which was in itself better than the movies themselves IMO

Anime - no.
Todd MacFarlane's Spawn (HBO) - yes.

Anime - no.
Todd MacFarlane's Spawn (HBO) - yes.

Dark Afro Samurai Anime = Perfect.
Naruto type stuff - no.

Wait. WTF happened to that new spawn series that was supposed to be coming out. I saw screen and that **** looked astounding. Please don't tell me it got discontinued. Got any info?

I didn't hear or see anything about the new Spawn series.

I'm quite sorry to hear that quite alot of you have lost their love or never had any to begin with for anime. I for one am still a major anime fan, i do agree that for every great anime show out there right now theres alot of crap (and yes their are still great anime) this batman anime though seems to have me foaming at the mouth, esp if its in the style of the animatrix which was in itself better than the movies themselves IMO

:up:

I'm looking forward to Batmanime, and I'm not really into anime all that much. I liked Akira and Fist Of The North Star quite a bit. I also got into the Hellsing series and I was prepared to yawn through it but I was suprised at how engaging it was.

The image has to be fake...the writers seem well off..and the wording

As far as anime is concerned, I think it was much better back in the 90s. The new series that keep coming out are so-so at best and seem to be not as well animated as previous efforts and the stories seem to be getting more and more out there. Having said that, though, I loves me some Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent or even Elfen Lied. But I cannot stand stuff like Bleach, or Naruto. One of my favorites of all time is the original Ghost In The Shell, but I detest the Stand Alone Complex stuff. Don't even get me started on the latest Appleseed. It seems like some production companies and directors are taking a cue from Disney and starting to become heavily reliant on CG for the bulk of their works, though.

As far as this Batman dvd. I would hope it would be something akin to the Animatrix release. I like the idea of an anthology collection. Especially one featuring several directors and several ideas, as long as they don't stray away from the core of the Batman mythos too much, i.e. The Batman animated show that's on tv now-yeesh.

As far as anime is concerned, I think it was much better back in the 90s. The new series that keep coming out are so-so at best and seem to be not as well animated as previous efforts and the stories seem to be getting more and more out there. Having said that, though, I loves me some Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent or even Elfen Lied. But I cannot stand stuff like Bleach, or Naruto. One of my favorites of all time is the original Ghost In The Shell, but I detest the Stand Alone Complex stuff. Don't even get me started on the latest Appleseed. It seems like some production companies and directors are taking a cue from Disney and starting to become heavily reliant on CG for the bulk of their works, though.

As far as this Batman dvd. I would hope it would be something akin to the Animatrix release. I like the idea of an anthology collection. Especially one featuring several directors and several ideas, as long as they don't stray away from the core of the Batman mythos too much, i.e. The Batman animated show that's on tv now-yeesh.

I think the current shonen stuff has its own appeal (esp the criminally underrated one piece) but for Batman i would prefer something along the lines of the animation style of shinichiro wanatabe (the guy who did samurai champloo, cowboy bebop and the detectives story in animatrix) that type of anime would perfectly capture nolans vision in an animated way. If they would go with the "clean" naruto style, what would be the point, they already have "the batman"

screw ****** anime cartoon; the dark knight logo should be all over pepsi products like supes was

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"