The Dark Knight Dark Knight Tie-Ins

@ cyrusbales: You a BB / TDK hater or what?

You really use the term "gimmick" too much. It's not like your movies are better or as good as Christopher Nolan's...

Well, they want money but first we whine about how they should market TDK better and then we whine that they release merchandise and DTV animated series etc. to market it (and not only).

I dunno what to think anymore :whatever:

Are you in a hurry to get to a 1000 posts turtlefocker? You're posting useless remarks like crazy

I just think he's high, man. Lol.

But, seriously wth are coffee table books? Did they mean to say visual guide and etc.? Because a book about coffee tables has NOTHING to do with Batman.

Useless? I dont feel anything Ive posted is useless. My posts range from extreamly detailed to off-the-cuff remakrks. Whats the big deal with post counts around here I dont pay attention to mine. Do we get a prize or something?

@ cyrusbales: You a BB / TDK hater or what?

You really use the term "gimmick" too much. It's not like your movies are better or as good as Christopher Nolan's...

Well, they want money but first we whine about how they should market TDK better and then we whine that they release merchandise and DTV animated series etc. to market it (and not only).

I dunno what to think anymore :whatever:

I find 'gimmick' is the best way to describe the current bat-franchise and the associated director.

I think the first act of BB is great, however as soon as he crosses Ra, the film dramatically takes a turn for the worse.

This film is made for money above all other concerns, we have to remember that.

And plus you aint seen my films, unless you do the UK festival circuit....(i'm not saying I'm better or anything, I don't see myself like that)

Useless? I dont feel anything Ive posted is useless. My posts range from extreamly detailed to off-the-cuff remakrks. Whats the big deal with post counts around here I dont pay attention to mine. Do we get a prize or something?

Generally I find his comments no different to a lot of posters with posts in the thousands, some better, but some worse, it's the way of the hype and not the issue at hand...

Lol. Cybs seriously reminds me of Quinton Beck! And that wasn't a complement.

Too lazy to type full usernames... but did u just say that ur a better director than Christopher Nolan- or did u only say u didnt like BB?

Oh okay, so that would be the visual guide, making of, etc., etc.

cyrusbales all hollywood filsm are made for money. Should Batman films not be made for money? Should they be the first non-profit blockbusters?

And whats so wrong with my posts. A lot of my posts are much more detailed than some that Ive read here.

I find 'gimmick' is the best way to describe the current bat-franchise and the associated director.

I think the first act of BB is great, however as soon as he crosses Ra, the film dramatically takes a turn for the worse.

This film is made for money above all other concerns, we have to remember that.

And plus you aint seen my films, unless you do the UK festival circuit....(i'm not saying I'm better or anything, I don't see myself like that)

If you say so, it's already a good thing. But always when you talk about BB / TDK, saying it's (and also Nolan) is "gimmicky" (which they're not), it always seems as "you know better" (since you're a filmmaker :whatever:), well, it seems... arrogant.

If you say so, it's already a good thing. But always when you talk about BB / TDK, saying it's (and also Nolan) is "gimmicky" (which they're not), it always seems as "you know better" (since you're a filmmaker :whatever:), well, it seems... arrogant.

I'm coming from a film watching perspective, I cannot highjump too well, but I can comment on how others achieve their highjumping.

I do explain WHY I think they are gimmicky though, which is a great deal more than most people do with their opinions on this site.

The Animated DVD is going to be great. Itll probablly introduce Maroni and Dent and Joker. I cant wait!

I think this is a pretty naive way to think. He's a worldwide icon, and if WB decides they want to branch into other cultural interpretations, there's nothing wrong with that. I may prefer the DTV series be western-style, but making it anime isn't a bad thing.

Warner Bros. owns the character and is responsible for all media featuring him. If it's anime, it's because they wanted it that way.

Read what I said again. It would make sense if Japan wanted a series that was strictly in Japan. Im sick of the worldwide icon stuff. I realize him, as well as Superman are worldwide now, but like in Superman Returns it was bull**** to take out of at least the American version the "and the american way". That was blasphemy in my eyes. Just another liberal "oh no! we don't want to hurt anyones feelings!" :whatever:

The point is for us in the states why do we constantly need to have every cartoon anime style. It gets old......correction it's gotten old long ago. I hate how people think its high art and its wrong to call Anime....oh no.....cartoons. Which in FACT is what they are.

Man, this b***hing over "anime-style" with the DTV movie makes me want to weep for humanity.

Anime style is just that--a STYLE. It is not it's own genre, it's just animation from Japan. Hell, if you want to get technical, since they were animated by Japanese animators, all the Timmverse shows post-B:TAS are anime.

Me, as long as they get someone good for it (I'd LOVE to see Kia Asamaya do it--he already did a graphic novel, so I think he'd do it), have Chris and Jon supervise the story (nothing big, at least just the okay that it fits with the continuity and tone of their movie) and maybe even get the actors to do the voices (Bale did the video game, I'm sure he wouldn't object to it), I'll be as happy as a pig in s**t. :woot:

I think everyone should accept the fact that all shows are some form of anime these days. There's no turning back so there's no point in complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"