DC 2006:Year in Review

All Marvel released this year was crap, honestly I wouldn't even wipe my ass with those titles.....

Pfft, Civil War is pure genius.

If you listen closely, you'll hear the feint sound of sarcasm....

Mee said:
Pfft, Civil War is pure genius.

I wouldn't call it genius.It's basically a reason to get heroes fighting heroes with politics thrown in to justify it.So it's not a new concept by any means,just the culmination of several themes done in comics before.

GNR4Life said:
I wouldn't call it genius.It's basically a reason to get heroes fighting heroes with politics thrown in to justify it.So it's not a new concept by any means,just the culmination of several themes done in comics before.

You can say the same about almost any comic.

BrianWilly said:
It's hard to compete with last year, where everything just gelled together so flawlessly and DC rolled along at a breakneck pace and it was such an exciting time to be a DC fan. Now the high is over, and we're back to normal with the normal highs and lows. Such is the way of the comicbook reader.

Just be glad we're not talking about Marvel.

meaning very not new reader friendly?

Darthphere said:
You can say the same about almost any comic.

I know that,I was just disagreeing with calling CW "genius".

GNR4Life said:
I know that,I was just disagreeing with calling CW "genius".

Your Sarcasmatron 5000 is malfunctioning.

Darthphere said:
Meaning not crap.:huh:

Most of the DC books I'm reading are from far from crap IMO.I jumped on after IC.I still don't understand IC or COIE,no matter how many times I read Wiki, and have no intentions of doing so.It's one of the aspects about the DCU I really dislike.

GNR4Life said:
Most of the DC books I'm reading are from far from crap IMO.I jumped on after IC.I still don't understand IC or COIE,no matter how many times I read Wiki, and have no intentions of doing so.It's one of the aspects about the DCU I really dislike.

You mean, like continuity?

Darthphere said:
You mean, like continuity?

I mean multiverses,multiple earths,pocket dimensions and all that crazy mumbo jumbo.

Its really very simple you just have to sit down and read it carefully and just not over think the stuff COIE is a very simple story that cant be explained only read. Then you will get IC. Hopefully.

I "got" IC, I just didn't think it was that great. Decent enough. Still better than Civil War, except art-wise.

Hush said:
Its really very simple you just have to sit down and read it carefully and just not over think the stuff COIE is a very simple story that cant be explained only read. Then you will get IC. Hopefully.

It's not that I'm scared of not understanding,it just doesn't appeal to me and I have zero interest in it whatsoever.

Just like I have zero interest in the X-Men at Marvel.

Well i think it was a good year, although I've been busy and not so much into comics this year as I used to be. I think this year did much in the way of rebuilding relationships between characters, just everything going back to normal after the events last year. And I like it that DC is taking their time doing it.
I still followed 52 and Ion quite closely. I'm so so so happy that Ion is a good title and Kyle is in good hands and back to his loveable self. The GL corps is also looking nice, lots of action.
I've been following Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, the first 3 JLA issues, but I haven't read any more Batman titles in a while. :(

GNR4Life said:
It's not that I'm scared of not understanding,it just doesn't appeal to me and I have zero interest in it whatsoever.

Just like I have zero interest in the X-Men at Marvel.

Oh, well I was talking about your statement on Pocket dimensions and mulitverses and such. Reading COIE and IC would help all that mumbo jumbo go more into a straight line for you, if you will. You may have no interest but i think that Wikiing isnt the best idea for those stories. Not saying you have to read those stories but i would strongly recomend those due to the state the DCU is in right now due to IC which is a sequel to COIE, im just trying to be helpful. Because and correct me if im wrong but didnt you just start reading DC this past year? Just tryin to help.

Hush said:
Because and correct me if im wrong but didnt you just start reading DC this past year? Just tryin to help.

Yesiree.It's just an overwhelming concept of the DCU that I really don't like,yes I know it's supposed to be very important,but I just have zero interest in it.

DC can be just as awesome,even awesomer,doing stories that don't deal with monitors and multiearths.

Yeah i gotcha, but i hope you are enjoying the DCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"