DC 2006:Year in Review

What a shocker that you would be the one to b*tch. Love the character, glad to see him back.

I love to see Johns offically sucks. I told you guys he was DC's Bendis.

He was DC's Bendis even before he started sucking. :confused: :o

jaydawg said:
I love to see Johns offically sucks. I told you guys he was DC's Bendis.

Let's see

Compare 52 (w/Waid, Morrison, and Rucka), Action Comics (w/Donner), Green Lantern, and Teen Titans to New Avengers, Powers, and Ultimate Spider-Man. Johns' current books are way better than most of Bendis' current books

Justice Society of America is going to be awesome, unlike Mighty Avengers. I'm not even excited for All-Star Batgirl. God I hate the All-Star line, such a waste of talent.

If these two guys got into a fight, who would you think would win

Geoff_johns.jpg

vs.

WW20040106-bendis.gif

Bendis looks downright diabolical.

Really not understanding the Johns hate. He SMOKES Bendis in the writing department. Like comparing Monet to Nagel.

But thats because you have a hard on for DC comics.

hippie_hunter said:
Let's see

Compare 52 (w/Waid, Morrison, and Rucka), Action Comics (w/Donner), Green Lantern, and Teen Titans to New Avengers, Powers, and Ultimate Spider-Man. Johns' current books are way better than most of Bendis' current books

Justice Society of America is going to be awesome, unlike Mighty Avengers. I'm not even excited for All-Star Batgirl. God I hate the All-Star line, such a waste of talent.

Yes, lets say one book will be better than the other one before its even out. Welcome to the Dark Side.

Doc Destruction said:
What a shocker that you would be the one to b*tch. Love the character, glad to see him back.

Stating facts is *****ing? Wow, I didnt know that. Simply stating that this jericho angle has been used many times before, even by Johns during his run is *****ing? Ok, you must be really sensitive.

I'd say before OYL, Johns was the best thing DC had, he seems to have burnt out on IC and everything he has done since then has been poop.

Darthphere said:
But thats because you have a hard on for DC comics.

Then why are 60% of the books I bought this week from Marvel?

Nice try, again.

Doc Destruction said:
Then why are 60% of the books I bought this week from Marvel?

Nice try, again.

It was marvel heavy week.:huh: Youre as bad as lazur and his "Im a moderate because I voted for Clinton" stance.

Darthphere said:
Stating facts is *****ing? Wow, I didnt know that. Simply stating that this jericho angle has been used many times before, even by Johns during his run is *****ing? Ok, you must be really sensitive.

Nah, just tired of seeing people complain about stuff that isn't that big of a deal.

But then, I must just have a hard on for DC I guess. :whatever:

Darthphere said:
It was marvel heavy week.:huh: Youre as bad as lazur and his "Im a moderate because I voted for Clinton" stance.

Actually, that's a pretty normal week for me. I'm a Marvel fan at heart, but all their flagship titles suck, so I get a lot of the quality little titles. Before Identity Crisis and Marvel sucking the pipe, it would have been closer to 90%.

Doc Destruction said:
Nah, just tired of seeing people complain about stuff that isn't that big of a deal.

But then, I must just have a hard on for DC I guess. :whatever:

Admitting you have a problem is the first step of recovery. And something being a big deal is subjective. Im not making a big deal about Jericho, at all. You are. All I said was this plot device is tired. So yeah, are we done here?

Doc Destruction said:
Actually, that's a pretty normal week for me. I'm a Marvel fan at heart, but all their flagship titles suck, so I get a lot of the quality little titles. Before Identity Crisis and Marvel sucking the pipe, it would have been closer to 90%.

Yeah ok.

You tell me. I came in here to state my thoughts on DC in 2006 and you, in typical fashion, came at me. Shocker.

Doc Destruction said:
You tell me. I came in here to state my thoughts on DC in 2006 and you, in typical fashion, came at me. Shocker.

Victim card, thats a new one for you. And actually, if we want to get down to facts, it was you who through the first salvo when responding to leaguer's post, which a lot of us agreed with. But really, playing the victim is unbecoming of you. im a *****ebag/*******, I admit that. But you know damn well im fair and reasonable....most of the time.

Being a victim would indicate that I'm actually being hurt. Not the case. However, for a lesson in reading comprehension:

My first post on the topic:

Uh, Civil War MUCH?

06 was a GREAT year for DC IMO. They won me over as a hardcore reader in a very short amount of time.

I personally have enjoyed %90 of the OYL titles, and even bought a GL book and a Wonder Woman book for the first time in my life.

Yeah, there was some clunkers, but you'll have that.

My favorite reads of the year are Uncle Sam, Checkmate, anything involving the Sinister Six, Justice, JLA, Outsiders, and the book that proved you can do it if you try hard enough: 52.

Simply amazing year.

Followed by yours:

Im totally surprised Doc.

The snarky rip on my supposed hard on for DC. My Leaguer post followed.

So yeah, just stating facts, right? Now we're done.

LOL, ok Doc, I made a new rule just for you "Dont make a joke at Doc Destruction"

You lose points for calling Outsiders one of the best reads of the year.

I dig super hero fight books. The fight with the cloned Jay Garrick alone is one of the best fights I've read in a long ass time.

hippie_hunter said:
Let's see

52 doesn't count when you have three of the best in the biz writing with you.

Action Comics is pretty bland. Not Green Lantern bland, but still. TT is basically USM in that it was pretty good in the beginning (although up till Hollywood, I'd argue USM was way superior to anything Johns did pre OYL) and now is just not interesting. Bendis just does shock after shock and Johns just makes five more _____ jr. each issue. True, New Avengers totally sucks (although CW is helping out that title bigtime), but not half as much as Hal "I'm a stale jackass" Jordan.

Hell, if it wasn't for JSA coming up (and Johns was gold on that title), I'd say Bendis is beating out Johns these days. I wish he never left Daredevil and Johns never left Hawkman. Now those were great days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"