DC November 2006 Solicitations.

Better question, why is Seth COhen writing a comic book?

Hate has yet to come out of me. I have yet to see why she lived and Conner died. That was a huge mistake I think the girl since coming has been nothing but a pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

No one would have cared if Supergirl died instead of Connor.

GL_Cv16_R1_solicit.jpg

Hal Jordan has been downing Gingold again.

Darthphere said:
Ok, why isnt Dini writing Detective Comics this month?

OH NOEZ!!!Seriously,I just added this just for Dini.Don't tell me he's off already!

- Cassie Cain appearing in Supergirl? Guess she's back from Kandor. Taking a boyfriend with her too it seems. Meh, don't care that much, although I kinda wonder what Cassie would have to hurt Supergirl.
- Checkmate and the return of Kobra? Awesome. Kobra was always a fun, but also potentially very dark, villain.
- VanSciver. How the great have fallen.
- Connor Hawke is a must but I'm still on the fence about Guy Gardner. It doesn't seem like it's gonna be Chaykin's best art based on the cover.
- J.G. Jones is still an amazing artist. Great Vixen cover.
- New Teen Titans Terra TPB. Finally!
- I really wanna pick up Tales of the Unexpected for the Spectre. I'm not sold on Doc 13 though.
- Trials of Shazam, I really don't know what to expect anymore from this.
- Classic Teen Titans cover. The shadowy figure is either Supergirl or Ms. Martian but the guy could pretty much be anybody.

It's sad that they're determined to drag this ridiculous Cassandra-as-leader-of-the-League-of-Assassins crap out. Why, DC? Why have you forsaken the good sense and strong characterization that guided you before IC? :(

Is it me, or does the "Legionnaire you never thought you'd see again" look a lot like M'onel? It'll be pretty cool if he's coming back.

I'm guessing the two blacked-out Titans are Zatara and Martian Girl, Mary Marvel, or (bleh) Supergirl.

Sprouse's cover for Midnighter looks good.

While I'm glad to see that Jim Lee's kicking ass on the layout for the Wildcats cover, I'm cautious. First, I'm wondering why Spartan's got "9" on his shoulder. I hope this isn't some new Spartan "model 9" android and not Hadrian. Second, I'm worried that even if it is still Hadrian, Lee might regress him. His costume's already looking more like his first corny, Cyclops rip-off costume again. Here's hoping Morrison can keep the integrity of the fantastic developments and myriad complexities that Casey and Moore brought to the characters back in the day.

Manifest Eternity sounds good, but I'm kind of curious how they know Captain Rave is "one of the series' most popular characters" already, considering she only just appeared for the first time in the last issue. Oh well, she is a pretty good character so far. Nguyen's weird, oil painting-like style is a bit muddled at times, though. I wish he'd try to clear up his panels.

Ohhh it does look like M'onel.

That would be very unexpected and awesome.

Yeah, Waid said he was open to the possibility of some Daxamites returning eventually. I guess "eventually" came sooner rather than later. :up:

Darthphere said:
Thats the ****ing ugliest cover ever.

alan scott looks pretty sweet in that me thinks

Wait, did I miss it or was there no solicitation for Ex Machina?

From Paul Dini;

The DC solicitations are out for November and some of you have noticed that I'm not listed as writing Detective #825. With the rotating roster of artists still being worked out, it was decided shortly before comic con to let that issue be a fill-in. As most of the issues during my run are designed to be stand-alones, this does not effect the on-going continuity of the book and will give a chance for the team of Royal McGraw, Marcos Marz and Luciana del Negro to dazzle you with a Bat-tale of Dr. Phosphorus. I'll be back in December with a story involving Robin and a very jolly guest star (trust me, it ain't Santa) and continue on into the New Year with a slew of new adventures. Not sure who is lined up to draw just yet, but that should be worked out shortly.

Then hire better fill-in artists and writers.

And I'd rather have them than delays.

(and yes, I got your reference lol)

I know youre trying to make the "Oh DC is smarter than Marvel" argument but it doesnt really apply to this situation.

Darthphere said:
I still dont get the excuse.

I think it's because Rags was meant to draw all 12 issues. But backed out because he couldn't work fast enough, so at the last minuite they got new artists in. And obviously they have given the artists a month to catch up as they are obviously falling behind.

I don't really mind the fill in, I'm interested to see where Dr. Phosphorus is, as last time I saw him he was meant to be dead - killed by Ted Knight.

But - I can't actually remember a fill-in issue that was good.

Also, at least it means Dini hasn't been taken off the book and will return shortly.

I've got to get me Superman - Confidential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"