The "DC: New Age" RPG Volume 1 Signup/OOC Thread

I suppose I'll have to NPC Owen's rescue so I can get my stuff moving, to try to move things along. That's fine I suppose. I even got a good idea for the rescuers to coincide with stuff I've mentioned and done with my Bronze Tiger posts.

I'm working on my next Dibny post. I'm just trying to write conversations between a child and an old man without making the latter look like a pedophile.

:hoboj:

Since I've got time before Cal III class, and before I meet up with some people for lunch...I suppose now I'll construct the list of the Royal Hierarchy for Checkmate now.

Only person for sure on there now is Bronze Tiger as Black King's Knight. If you want to throw in any possible names, do so now. I've given you guys plenty of chances of what I thought would stir interest, but it seems I gotta just pick people that make sense and throw them in.

And still way too many familiar people.

This is something in the past I agreed with on Harlekin about the ranks for Checkmate...but really when you think about it? It is hard to avoid.

So, to make it a group effort like I wanted I'll approach this differently. Do you want to have several made up characters within Checkmate, or mostly familiar ones?

The problem with having mostly made-up people on Checkmate, although it is the more realistic approach, is it'll be that much harder to garner player interest in it. I think it'd do good to sprinkle a few familiar faces in there, be it two or three former heroes/villains.

Maybe a few custom characters can be included, but they should have a basic bio as well, so we know how to treat them. Apart from that, I think that idea has a lot of potential.

Also, Q also suggested this a while back concerning Checkmate:

Okay, revised Checkmate. It's a slightly altered version of the current Checkmate model. The organization is now much smaller, with only eight pawns per color, and I'm also adding "Rooks," who are high powered metas. The White Rooks are used mainly for defense and secuirty, wheras the Black Rooks are more along the lines of living WMDs. Also, most Black Pawns will be former villains, while most White pawns will be retired heroes.

I personally, being a fan of the current Checkmate series, do not see the need to add in a rank dubbed "Rook", although I do find it interesting. Also, since it is hard enough as it is to come up with the hierarchy, I think the pawns should not be listed. After all, there are a lot of pawns actually.

Maybe a few custom characters can be included, but they should have a basic bio as well, so we know how to treat them. Apart from that, I think that idea has a lot of potential.

Overall, a basic bio should be implemented for even the familiar faces of Checkmate. After all, it has been 20 years since we know them as they were.

I always thought the pawns were just cannon fodder. The Star Wars Stormtroopers of Checkmate, if you will.

Indeed, but surely someone has to lead them in the field apart from the Knights?

No, pawns are just soldiers for missions. If you are doing a story with Checkmate, and want to make a certain character a pawn, then so be it. But we do not want to force too many known characters into Checkmate should new players arrive. The list I've compiled up thus far to me has become interesting since I'm trying to grab people of different nations/ethnic backgrounds. After all, this is going to be UN organization since the Darkseid stuff affected the entire world.

Black King: Naif al-Sheikh
Black Queen: Vera Lynn Black
Black King's Bishop: Ulysses Hadrian Armstrong
Black Queen's Bishop: Nathan Jones
Black King's Knight: Rick Flag, III
Black Queen's Knight: Cassandra Cain

White King: Garfield Logan
White Queen:
White King's Bishop: Victor Stone
White Queen's Bishop: John Trujillo
White King's Knight: Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar
White Queen's Knight: Miriam Delgado

I'm having trouble with White Queen. Some of those people you guys may wonder about...like Black Condor, since I mentioned the Freedom Fighters with Bronze Tiger, but that will be explained.

I have to get ready to leave, so I will not be able to take part in further discussion until later.

Hate to be a dick, but I'm NPCing Victor Stone in my Tim arc...

What's Black Canary's situation? Seems to me she would have what it would take to be White Queen.

If you want I can write up some bio's for custom characters.

Hate to be a dick, but I'm NPCing Victor Stone in my Tim arc...

Nah, it's cool. I just figured Gar would want someone like Vic to be his Bishop and give advice.

What's Black Canary's situation? Seems to me she would have what it would take to be White Queen.

Eh, I'm not crazy about that idea. Keep in mind, all these people in Checkmate are for AVA because Checkmate is the actual agency enforcing AVA.

If you want I can write up some bio's for custom characters.

Feel free to do so for some people, and we can see if everyone is comfortable with that. I for one wouldn't mind, because we do not want to pick so many known characters and place them into Checkmate if someone new comes along and wants to apply, but doesn't because they don't know about Checkmate or something.

That is why, while my picks aren't made-up characters, they are mostly either not known too well, or I figured characters less likely to be picked up considering when you look at the other DC RPGs and their previous Seasons.

Maybe we can expect an app then, Harl? You've taken such interest from the side-lines after all. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"